Chap 3

The New Romantics
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Seoul News]

Preparations are underway for the upcoming joint concert of Finesse and Liarz. Last week, a joint press conference was held by both SM Entertainment and YG Group addressing the scandal involving the respective maknaes Yeri and Joy. As both maknaes were apologetic of their actions, the companies have came up with a resolution, which is to hold a joint concert as a show of solidarity and to quell the brewing fandom wars of the groups. Entitled, "The New Romantics," this concert will showcase the outstanding sweet visuals and vocals of Finesse and the explosive rap and dance power of Liarz. Everyone is excited about the ultimate girl group collaboration. But what excites the GP more is the Irene and Seulgi collaboration, given the chivalrous act done by Seulgi towards Irene during the ensuing chaos. 

 

Park Bogum was interviewed on the spot about his opinion of the #Seulrene ship while promoting his latest drama. Asked if he feels insecure of this beloved tandem, we quote "As expected, Irene's beauty brings out anyone's chivalrous side. I am not threatened in any way. I'm supporting my girlfriend until the completion of this concert."

 

------

 

Joohyun rolls her eyes as she watches the news while preparing for the first day of their concert training period. Bogum is really emboldened to live up to his fantasies of ever getting back with her again. The audacity to speak to the media about their concert? He still really thinks that this is a cool-off period. It doesn't help that her father supports her and Bogum's relationship. Bogum, a chaebol actor. Bogum who belonged to the same chaebol circle as theirs.  Bogum who was conveniently there when she and Seulgi fell apart....with whom she reluctantly entered in a relationship with, upon the prodding of her father. And her selfish reason of doing it just to spite Seulgi. To let her know that she's not still pining over her. 

 

But Bogum is so self-absorbed and honestly has no substance at all. He doesn't make Irene...feel things. There's just no connection whatsover. She feels that Bogum just wants her as a trophy girlfriend, after all, she's one of the most coveted girls in Korea. 

 

Joohyun feels stuck, really. 

 

She feels nervous as well, just thinking about seeing Seulgi again, interacting with her, breathing the same air as her, for a prolonged period of time. After her immediate agreement to Moonbyul and Wendy's plans, she wasn't able to give herself time to contemplate her actions. She just wants to erase the scandal, and to let the GP have what they want. Or is it...giving in to what she wants as well?

 

Stop thinking about it Joohyun.

 

 

[Jeju Island, Flashback to 4 years ago]

 

Seulgi enters the Tapaha dance studio, gym bag in hand. Just fresh out of high school, she's excited for her stint as a dance instructor in their little dance studio this summer. Her sister, Solar owns the said studio but has left for Seoul to choreograph a boy group over the summer. Solar wants Seulgi to join her there, to explore Seoul during her break but Seulgi insisted in staying back, as she finds the city life too mechanical for her. She's a small-town girl at heart. She loves nature and outdoors, dancing freely, taking pictures, swimming--all within the comforts of their island. 

 

So far, there are only three sign-ups in their studio, which has gained a cult following as it offers dance classes for trainees away from Seoul, while nourishing their mind and body in the beautiful island of Jeju. Of course, it was Solar that the trainees wanted to be trained under, but her sister is confident enough that Seulgi can do better than her. "You dance better than me, you little b*tch".

 

Solar doesn't expect to have much sign-ups as well as predebut season is wrapping up. "They probably secured their contracts and are now resting somewhere before they actually debut." This is an opportune time for Seulgi to get a little taste of the instructor life. Plus, she is extremely curious about the idol life, but does not have any plans of actually being one. "Training for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week? That is definitely not the life for me, unnie."

 

Seulgi barely has done her floor stretches when the most beautiful person she saw in her entire life entered the studio.

 

"Is this Solar sunbaenim's dance studio?" The pretty face, with her equally pretty voice asked.

 

"Yes it is."

 

"I, uh, signed up for her class?"

 

"I'm her sister, and will be teaching in her place."

 

The girl squinted. "But, no offense meant, you look young!" She steps further in. "I mean...I'm sorry, I just wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter