The Place Where I Belong

Touch

As I stood at my door lost in my thoughts, my mind flickered to Luhan. I thought about how much the competition meant to him; he had been talking about it for weeks. I had to go and cheer him on with all my heart. I took my phone out my pocket as I exited and locked up my apartment.

I ran down my steps and stumbled slightly at the bottom. I dialled Eunhyuk’s number and held my phone to my ear as I walked quickly towards my destination. It rang a few times as I thought over what I was going to say to him. I didn’t want to hurt him, but I had to make it obvious who I wanted.

“Hey, SoAh, where are you?” Eunhyuk questioned me and I went silent for a moment. “SoAh, you are still there, right?” He clarified and I cleared my throat.

“Eunhyuk, I can’t meet you now.” I spoke quietly through the receiver and Eunhyuk stopped talking.

“Why can’t you? We’ve had this planned all week, what are you going to do instead?” Eunhyuk pried and I bit my lip.

“I have to go to a dance battle, I forgot about it, and I just got a message about it.” I told him and waited for his response.

“Who is in the dance battle?” Eunhyuk was annoyed; it was clear in his tone of voice.

“Luhan and EXO-M are participating.” I informed Eunhyuk and I heard a loud sigh through the phone.

“GOD, SOAH, WHY DO YOU ALWAYS GO TO HIM? HE SEES YOU ALL THE TIME, WHEN WILL I GET CHANCE TO SEE YOU?” I was surprised my Eunhyuk’s sudden outburst but he then calmed down. “Come meet me instead, you see him all the time.” Eunhyuk pleaded and I immediately felt guilty, but I wouldn’t let him change my mind.

“Luhan is meant to see me; he is my boyfriend.” I reminded Eunhyuk and then sighed. “I’m sorry Eunhyuk, I have somewhere to be.” I hung up the phone and carried on walking towards my destination.

 

+ + Luhan’s P.O.V + +

I stood on the edge of the stage and my eyes scanned the large crowd that had formed inside the club. I searched for a familiar brunette, but I couldn’t find her. SoAh wasn’t there yet, where could she be? Was she even going to turn up? I sighed gloomily and trudged back over to EXO-M, who was preparing to go on stage.

 

“Lay, have you seen SoAh?” I asked him. Out of the others, he was the closest to her; they acted like siblings at times. Lay bit his lip and looked down at his phone in his hand. “She is coming, right?” I asked worriedly and Lay immediately nodded.

“Yeah, she’s erm, just running late.” Lay muttered and my face fell. I hoped she would get there on time.

 

I shuffled around worriedly for the remaining time before we were due on stage. SoAh hadn’t turned up and I began to worry. Could something have happened to her? Why wasn’t she there yet? Lay said she was running late, but surely she should have been there by now.

“EXO-M, it’s your time to perform.” The person in charge walked over to us and we walked towards the stage. I glanced around once more and sighed heavily. She missed it.

I took one step onto the stage and heard a loud bang. I looked behind me and saw SoAh run up to me. I stepped towards her and she smiled through her breathlessness.

“I’m so sorry, I’m late.” She apologized and took a deep breath. I smiled and pulled her into my arms wordlessly. I didn’t care that she was late; all I cared about was her being there.

“I don’t care if you’re late, I’m just glad you’re here now.” I whispered in her ear and she hugged me back tightly. I pulled away from her slightly and just looked into her eyes. My gaze flickered to her lips and I leaned in. My lips touched hers and I instantly felt calm. I felt like I could do anything. “I love you.” I whispered against her lips as we pulled away. A sweet smile graced her goddess-like features and lit up my night.

“I love you too, you have no idea how much.” She whispered and I smirked.

“I have an idea, but why don’t you show me later.” I winked at her and she rolled her eyes with a chuckle.

“I just might do that; good luck out there.” She smirked and I smiled. I really do love that girl, I thought to myself as I left her and took my place on the stage with EXO-M.

 

+ + SoAh’s P.O.V + +

I watched happily as Luhan and EXO-M danced their hearts out on the stage to their song ‘MAMA’. As I watched I found myself reminiscing about how I came to meet them. It started with a simple meeting; who would have thought that pointless rumours would have brought us together that they did. I suppose I should thank the people in class that had nothing better to do, but gossip; they led me to someone very important.

 

EXO-M finished their performance and ran off the stage. Luhan immediately embraced me in his arms as he reached me from the stage. I laughed as he picked me up and spun me round. When he released me, I walked over to Lay. He had a small smile present on his face and I returned it.

“I’m glad you made it on time, Luhan was convinced that you weren’t gonna show up.” Lay informed me and I looked at the floor guiltily.

“I totally forgot, since I hadn’t seen any of you all week, I had no reminder of it. I feel so guilty for not remembering.” I shared and Lay wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

“Don’t feel guilty, you turned up, that’s all that matters.” He smiled and hugged me tightly. I felt him kiss the top of my head and squeeze me tighter before letting me go.

“Thank you.” I muttered to him and he ruffled my hair in response.

 

“All contestants please return to the stage for the announcing of the winner.” Someone shouted and EXO-M returned to the stage along with the other contestants, among which I noticed that Teen Top and B.A.P were also contestants.

I walked to the side of the stage as all of the groups lined up. The judges of the competition stepped onto the stage with an envelope that contained the winner’s group name.

I anxiously bit my lip and I caught Luhan glance at me. We caught eyes and it was like we were both lost in our own little world.

 

“EXO-M!” Their name was shouted by the judges and five of them started jumping around in excitement, but Luhan’s gaze was still locked on mine until Tao shook his shoulders and pulled his gaze away from me.

“WE WON!” Tao shouted to his Hyung who seemed lost for a minute, but then he realised what had happened. Luhan jumped up and now with the rest of EXO-M like little kids on a bouncy castle. I ran up to him and he picked me up instantly. My lips met his and I smiled instantly.

“Congratulations.” I whispered against Luhan’s lips and he kissed me once more.

 

That night EXO-M and I were all gathered at Luhan’s apartment. We were having celebratory drinks for their competition win.  I was sat with Luhan on his sofa and the others were scattered around the room.

Kris raised his glass and we all looked at him expectantly.

“A toast, to EXO-M, we worked so hard for this competition, we’ve been through many troubles in the past few months, gained a new friend, a new girlfriend” Kris paused and looked at Luhan and I. I smiled and Luhan kissed my temple. “But no matter what happens, the seven of us remain shall as close as we are now, we’ve proven that nothing can split us apart; no rival gangs, friends, or enemies. We are a family, and that’s how it will stay. To Family.” Kris held his glass up and we all raised ours.

“To Family.” Everyone said in unison and then sipped from their glasses.

 

We all drank happily together and Luhan wrapped his arms around me. I looked at the angelic features that I had got so used to, and I still felt the same butterflies and warmness as I did near the start.

“Do you remember what you said earlier?” Luhan whispered and I frowned at him questioningly. “You still have to show me how much you love me.” He reminded me and I smiled with a roll of my eyes. I did love him, more than words could ever describe. All that can be said it that my love for him is strong, I couldn’t love anyone more than I love him.

 

I fell in love with a foreigner

You came from a different image, a different world

Beautiful stranger, people say that you’re dangerous

They don’t try to see the you that I see

The stories in the deep silences

You know that I’m different than them

 

 

Please Subscribe, Comment and Vote-Up.

 

A/N:

This is the last chapter of Touch, I hope you enjoyed reading it :)

Please Comment

The last little paragraph at the end is lyrics from F(x)'s - Beautiful Stranger.

I think that the english lyrics can kind of relate to this story, so I thought I'd put it in.