002

HYBRID
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re brought here to conceive Suho’s child. Now is that clear?”

 

Horrified, the girl managed to shake off the hand holding her upper arm, and stormed out of the still open door, to break into a run as fast as her legs would allow her.

Not knowing exactly to where she was escaping.

Just anywhere far from those maniac erts.

The girl ran through the wholly white walled and ceilinged passages turning left and right, passing a number of white doors, not knowing when she’ll actually reach anywhere.

Until one door to her left flung open and the one who opened it peeped outside, making Inu come to a halt.

A very tall figure, with white undercut hair and an oversized white t-shirt.

He blinked at her.

And she set off running again.

He blinked to himself.

“Toben,”

“Yes, Chanyeol.”

“Inform that Suho’s partner is running around the East Wing.”

Suddenly a young male voice rang across the empty passages, scaring the girl on the run even more, if she could afford anymore fear at the moment.

“According to Mechanical Engineering Head Chanyeol, Suho’s partner is running around the East Wing. I repeat, according to…”

The voice went on, imitation his master’s words to the dot. But it just made the girl speed herself up, in corridors that soon began to be filled with people who had decided to open their doors and step out to see ‘Suho’s Partner’.

Soon after Inu took one last turn and was facing a dead end.

Can things get any worse?

They just did, with Kai standing at the dead end.

Seo Inu had never felt this helpless in her life ever before.

She stopped, leaned on her knees, panting, and too exhausted both physically and mentally, and dropped to her knees.

That hand which had held her earlier, was placed on her shoulder again.

“We should give her some dextrose Kai.” the first face she had seen in this foreign place, was thoughtfully examining her face, peering from behind and leaning down.

Why is his face so blank if he’s actually concerned?

“Let’s take her to D.O, Suho.” Kai decided aloud.

Hearing the name ‘Suho’, a chill ran down the girl’s spine, recalling the words of Kai from earlier.

“You’re here to conceive Suho’s child.”

She was helped back onto her feet, and Suho gestured her to follow Kai, who was holding open a nearby door, which she walked through.

Into a large chamber, with walls covered in countless monitors and one single table in the middle.

A male with military-like very short black hair sat there, looking very out-of-place in his comfortable looking beige jersey and light blue denim jeans.

Silently staring at the three intruders who had just entered his unit.

Talk about owl eyes.

“She needs a bit of explanation.” kai spoke up.

“And some medical assistance.” Suho quickly added.

“I don’t think that’s the case.” Kai muttered. “She’s quite panicked D.O.”

“What’s ‘panicked’?”

The owl eyes blinked in passive confusion.

“Um…” Kai scratched an eyebrow. “Let’s say she’s showing some defensive behaviour. Basically traumatized by my words. I told her about the purpose of bringing her here.”

“But you didn’t tell her about what she’ll be getting in return did you?” The D.O. guy spoke as if he has an upper hand among them.

“Nope. She ran away before I did.”

Inu suddenly felt stupid.

“Will somebody please explain me what’s going on here?” she finally decided to speak up. “Fine...this actually seems like some other world and I’ve watched enough Sci-Fi with my brother so I’ll believe that part. But what’s with all these poker faced men here? And why must I have his baby?” She turned to look at the one standing in silence behind her.

He blinked in return. “What’s a poker face?”

“First of all Seo Inu,” D.O. leaned one the table, propping his elbows on the shiny surface. “Five to six months on medical inspection and nine to ten months the pregnancy period, you’ll be leaving our world with fully guaranteed good health after giving birth, and a research instructor job will be arranged for you in our research center in Elysion. I mean your world.”

“And during your stay here,” Kai too joined the explanation, stylishly putting his hands in his coat pockets. “Just in case your family gets concerned about your disappearance, because your kind is too vulnerable to such things, we’ve already called your brother and convinced him that you’ve left Seoul for a well paid job.”

“And why would he believe you?” Inu asked, rather sarcastically. “He’s a bright kid you know.”

“Remember Kim Dahyun the nurse?” D.O. asked. “She’s the one who took samples of your voice and modulated the call to sound like yours.”

Her jaw dropped in disbelief.

“And the biggest concern you have, your moth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter