Entry 2

Colder Weather
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Lights! Camera! Action!”

“Hello! Welcome to SBS Korea where the best news from Korea is brought to you,” A young, gorgeous woman smiled at the camera, “Today we have an esteemed guest who I am sure you are already familiar with.”

“He’s a famous travel blogger who made his name with his blog ‘Travel Marvel’ way back when he was only 17. Now he is an internet personality, appearing as a guest in President’s dinners and celebrity parties.”

“We have, for the very first time in Korean TV Mr. Do Kyungsoo!” She claps her hands along with the cards in hand and the camera pans away, revealing the handsome man seated just a few feet away from her.

He smiles and waves at the camera before giving a little bow.

“Hi…” He begins a little awkwardly. “I am Do Kyungsoo and I am honored to be here. Please forgive me if I am a little awkward because I normally do all these in English. This will be the first time I speak Korean in a broadcast.”

The girl gives a small chuckle at that, “Please do feel at home, Mr. Do. Please treat it as though we are having some talks over drinks.”

He smiles at that and bows his head twice to convey that he will heed it. The girl nods in pleasure and continued with the talk.

“We’ve already introduced you and almost all Korean know you by name or through your internet persona as Travel Marvel however, since it is your first time here how would you like to be known as in your home country?”

“Um…” He begins and scratches his ear. “Growing up outside of our country for a good 15 years of my life, I spend only a few years here before starting to travel again. However, it would be great if I can be known as Kyungsoo because it is my identity.”

“People outside generally call me D.O. which is easy but since Korean people won’t find it hard to call me by my name, I hope I will be known as Do Kyungsoo here.”

“Oh,” She coos happily. “That’s great to hear. To know that you are quite rooted despite being out of Korea almost your whole life. Ah! This brings me to my next question – how are you finding Korea now that you’ve been here for almost half a year?”

Kyungsoo smiles and takes a moment to think. “So far I am enjoying my stay here. To be honest, I haven’t been in one country for so long for almost 10 years now so of course, now and then I was restless but Korea has great things in store for me so I have been able to calmly stay here for six months now.”

The girl nods her head in understanding. “But I am sure you must have also been too busy to notice, right? I mean this whole time you have been directing your documentary as well as updating your YouTube videos. Was it really hard?”

“I wouldn’t deny it was easy…” He says and lets out a huge breath. “It probably was one of the hardest 6 months of my life…”

The actress looks at him who suddenly seemed a little downcast. “Um… Kyungsoo-ssi, it must have been quite hard if you are so down all of a sudden.”

He shook his head as though he remembers where he was and let out a little laugh. “Oh, I am sorry.” He bows while the girl laughs.

“It’s no problem at all. Tomorrow the final episode of your documentary ‘Marvel Korea’ will be aired, I am sure you must be feeling sentimental.”

“Oh… yeah… sure.” He says smiling his famous heart-shaped smile but scratches his ear indicating that perhaps his words were not quite true.

“It has been a hit with the world watching it.” She expresses with excitement, “how does it feel to be a successful director? Your cast members have all received crazy amounts of recognition through this. You really have outdone yourself.”

“Thank you so much,” His cheeks round up and his eyes disappear as he smiled big to the interviewer and the camera with little bows to each.

“It has been a dream come true.” He says once he sat down properly. “I always knew I wanted to direct but to truly do it… I can’t say it was easy and that the actors don’t dislike me now,” He chuckles a little, “but it has been a true joy.”

“I will now be officially dropping my YouTube account although I will continue with my blog and I might sometimes add a video or two on my vlogging channel. I am immensely thankful to all the people who had supported me in YouTube all these years.”

She gasps. “This is news! Will your YouTube community see the last video perhaps?”

He gives a small smile at that and nods his head. “Actually it must have been uploaded by now. We made one video for the whole of six months and have uploaded a 30-minute film-like video of our entire journey to reminiscence our times together and also to thank our fans who have supported us. I will now be taking up directing as a full-time job and hope that in the future I will be able to produce such wonderful documentaries.”

The reporter clasps her hands and sighs sadly. “It would be such a sad thing for the YouTube community to see you go however we can be assured of high-quality works from you.”

She glances at her card and smiles at him. “These whole time you have been quite open about your visits to N Country now and then. Is there a reason why you took almost 5 trips there in the span of only 5 months?”

This time, Kyungsoo’s lips automatically stretched into a dreamy smile, and nodded his head. Then staring at the camera, he gives a smile.

“I have a girlfriend who lives in there.”

 

Vlog Diary
A Country
Dated: 6th August

“Hi… It is crazy cold in here,” He sniffles a little and hugs his legs closer to him. “This place is crazy cold.”

His phone beeps and he checks it before tossing it back. “That’s Nara.”

He gives a giant yawn and stretches his body before sitting properly again. “I haven’t seen her in a month… and we haven’t been talking properly.”

He smacks his lips and supported his head on one hand giving a lazy glance to the camera. “She’s busy taking care of her mother these days. I haven’t heard from Sehun since he got busy with his college and dropped his internship.”

He blows a raspberry and ruffles his hair which has grown longer than the last time we saw him. “She’s nagging me again to check on him. Apparently, that kid is not picking up his phone… ugh… I am not a baby sitter. I have work.”

He pauses and gives a twirl on his chair. “Now that Korea is done and dusted, I am not going back for some time. I am so sick of it.”

He raises his hands defensively at that, “Don’t get me wrong here. I love that country but come on, I was there for 6 straight months. I thought I was going to die.”

He pauses and rubs his lips. “I only saw Nara about 5 times when I went over. I miss her but these days she’s been egging me on to check Sehun.”

He rolls his eyes and taped on his table.

“Anyhow I am here,” He says and opens his arms as though he could show the entire country. “…because of my new contract. I’ll be touring the entire continent instead of a country… thank goodness, and so I’ll be going around in this continent for the duration of another 6 months but that’s not much trouble since I will be traveling to 7 different countries for the documentary.”

He yawns again. “We had to go through all the process again because we’re now on a different continent and our company doesn’t have a branch in here. Also,” He snaps his fingers like he remembered something. “I am planning to build a media company with Chen and it is already on the talks. It’s a place where I will be focusing on newly rising stars, mainly from YouTube and other big platforms. It will obviously be centered around traveling and I hope this will be a place where people find their footing.”

“Alright… tomorrow we will start our casting. I hope I will be able to find good ones. Got to go… bye.”

 

 

Vlog Diary
A Country
Dated: 10th August

He opens the camera and this time he sports shorter hair. “I got a haircut. Nara says I look hideous with long hair.”

“Anyway,” He says settling down in his chair, “Our filming begins on the 16th of September if it goes according to schedule. We are now finalizing everything so that we don’t bump into things.”

He sits back in his chair and from the clothes, he is wearing, the place seems pretty cold. “Remember last year I promised an album? Well, now my fans are asking for that.”

He rubs his hair, a habit that he seems to have. “I actually do have some songs done but only 5 and 2 of them are about Nara.” He smiles involuntarily at that. “I have some songs in mind but now th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter