[3:43AM]

I will smile if I see you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[3.43am] 

“are you leaving?”

lisa stops, one hand on the doorknob while the other clutches her carryon like her life depended on it. she doesn't turn around but she doesn't open the door either. the only sounds breaking the suffocating silence are the gentle whirring of the fan and the steady breathing of the woman behind her.

“lisa,” jennie calls out softly, her voice just slightly above a whisper. the air was thick with anticipation and jennie counts to 8 in her head before she hears lisa let out a soft sigh.

slowly, lisa turns to face jennie. the only light source is the moon shining bright in twilight sky but lisa wishes that it was completely pitch black instead. because right now, the moonlight filtering in through the windows is enough to reflect in jennie’s glistening eyes.

jennie blinks and lisa’s heart clenches as she watches a lone tear slowly slides down jennie’s cheek. 

lisa steels herself before she opens to respond. “I'm sorry, jennie.” lisa promptly turns around and leaves through the door without sparing another glance at the lonely woman just standing there. 

ten minutes pass since the door closed behind lisa and jennieremains rooted to the floor. “but you promised.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter