second

Remember Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The atmosphere becomes a little lighter, at least for Joohyun. It isn’t so bad living in a mortal world, and being one. Right now, Joohyun is drinking the lemonade that Seulgi made earlier. Her eyes are glued to the TV along with the human sitting on the same couch as her, but with a safe distance. To Joohyun, the distance isn’t necessary. She doesn’t mind Seulgi’s presence. It never fails to bring tranquility to her mind.

The goddess is staring at random people on the TV shows; while Seulgi seems to be so intrigued with whatever she is seeing right now. After a few minutes, someone unexpected just suddenly appears in front of the TV.

The sudden action shocks the two females causing the raven to choke on her drink. Joohyun is about to use any self-defense skills she has trained before with her siblings. (they may appear to be crazy about their look, but they would learn some self-defense techniques when they are free as well. Plus, it makes them look even cooler.)

However, she stops just as soon as she notices who the culprit is.

“Jisoo?”

 

In front of Joohyun and Seulgi, a girl whose beauty could not be competed is smiling widely at them. Her smile can lure any demons and angels to be on their knees begging for her love.

“Hello, my favorite sister.”

Jisoo jumps to hug her sister tightly. Joohyun has to pat her hard on the back for Jisoo to release the hug and takes a seat in between herself and Seulgi.

 

“What are you doing here?”

Joohyun asks making the other goddess grins.

“I am here to deliver a message from our mother and some human things for you. It may be really important since mother wouldn’t let me fix my hair to come here.”

 

The piece of information almost seems impossible to be true. Hearing that her mother actually cares about her, Joohyun lets out a soft scoff. The swan pendant on her necklace burns her a bit as if it is Aphrodite’s way to punish her for thinking so little of her own mother.

Jisoo brings a handbag. It looks like a brand-new bag that a lot of celebrities are using. Inside of the bag are a passport, a few silver coins known as drachma, an identity card, and a credit card.

Picking up the drachmas, Joohyun wrinkles her eyebrows, almost scoffs again for the second time.

“What is the use of giving me these?”

Jisoo giggles at her sister’s exclamation. Every time Joohyun expresses her annoyance, it seems to entertain Jisoo. However, before the other goddess can say anything more, the sound of a person clearing catches Jisoo’s interest.

Joohyun swears she feels the world slows down when Jisoo faces Seulgi. She could only see Seulgi’s face since Jisoo already has her back facing Joohyun. Both girls stare at each other for a while until Jisoo whispers a few words in her hoarse voice.

“Come closer to me.”

Joohyun widens her eyes realizing what Jisoo is doing. The goddess is clearly charmspeaking to the human. Seulgi unknowingly leans in closer to Jisoo’s face. Joohyun has to pull her sister’s upper arm to make Jisoo facing her.

“What are you doing?”

The raven half yells half whispers to her sister. Jisoo raises her eyebrows with her sister’s sudden reaction. She turns around to look at the mortal girl once again, ignoring Joohyun. This action causes Joohyun to stand up and insert herself in between Jisoo and Seulgi. The younger one laughs, her hand reaches to pat her sister on the back.

“I was just trying to take a closer look at this girl.”

Joohyun notices how Jisoo’s eyes soften when they land on Seulgi.

“If you are done with your job, you shall leave, sister.”

Joohyun mumbles under her breath, letting Jisoo knows that she is not kidding. This appears to be a harmless threat to Jisoo as the girl would glance back and forth between Joohyun and Seulgi.

“You will sleep until you are told to wake up.”

 

Joohyun feels a weight on her shoulder. It takes her only a few seconds to realize that Seulgi is resting her head on her shoulder after being charmspoken by no one else but her sister.

Joohyun cradles Seulgi’s face gently, allowing the girl to lay her head on the couch. Her stoic expression softens once she notices how peaceful the human looks when she is sleeping. Joohyun then abruptly turns to her sister, slapping Jisoo hard on the lap.

“You are crazy. Why are you still here?”

A question that makes Jisoo laughs once again. The goddess pulls out a small dagger from its scabbard, showing the artistic dagger. Joohyun curiously takes it; her gaze never leaves her sister’s face.

“This is a gift from Hephaestus’s children. They are sorry that you receive this punishment.”

Joohyun huffs. Her mind goes back to the boys who caused everything to happen. Nevertheless, she makes sure she keeps the dagger safe inside the bag.

“Why do they even bother?”

Jisoo takes Joohyun’s hand and smiles.

“One more thing before I go.”

Joohyun signals her sister to just already spill whatever she has already.

“Your crush, Jennie, said she misses you and cannot wait to see you soon.”

 

Joohyun feels her heart skips a beat at the mention of Jennie.

Kim Jennie. The daughter of Apollo. The person she spent most of her time with.

“What are you saying? She is not my crush.”

Joohyun denies, but that doesn’t stop Jisoo from showing a teasing grin, displaying her perfect teeth that makes her beauty looks even more ethereal.

“Whatever makes you sleep at night, sister. By the way, mother’s message is for you to just follow the mission. She has tried to persuade Zeus to free you from the punishment. However, nothing can change his mind. We all know he is not one to take back his word.”

There is a seriousness that Joohyun rarely sees in Jisoo’s usual expression. She lets out a soft sigh, nodding her head in defeat. She knows it well. If she has to name one god who is the most stubborn and the hard-headed, it would be Zeus.

“I will just figure out how to do this mission. I wonder how can I even finish. Doing 1000 good things to 1000 people without a motive behind.”

She mimics the way Zeus announced her punishment before she adds.

“I will always have a motive. What was Zeus thinking when he gave me this mission. I’m just so mad.”

A sudden loud sound from the thunder alerts Joohyun and Jisoo that they are being watched. Jisoo widens her eyes in horror as she has never experience hearing such a loud and angry thunder sound.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter