first

Remember Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Bow down to me.”

Joohyun speaks. In the middle of the night, inside the dark apartment, the only source of light is from the moonlight. Joohyun’s voice conveys a powerful yet charming tone that every mortal would instantly do whatever she says. But this is a different case. She is . Most importantly, she is a mortal although she still feels the godly power inside of her.

The girl in front of her seems to have this idiotic shocking face.

“Why on earth do you wear this expression? It’s not every day you see a daughter of Aphrodite .”

Joohyun scowls when the mortal hasn’t moved an inch. She is confident in her face, her body, her voice, and her everything. Every child of the goddess of love is.

“I’m sorry, what?”

The human finally utters something back. Joohyun doesn’t want to admit it but even the human in front of her must have been quite shocked to her core now, the girl’s voice sounds so calming that Joohyun feels less irritated with her bad attitude for not bowing down at her presence.

“Just bring me some clothes.”

Joohyun decides it’s better to wear something now. The weather is quite cold and suddenly being a mortal, the daughter of Aphrodite feels so weak.

‘How could those earthlings live in such a weak body?’

 

This time, the mortal seems to understand. She doesn’t say anything but runs to pick an oversized t-shirt and sweatpants for the goddess. Joohyun nods her head in acknowledgement when the girl hands the clothes to her. With her flawless body, Joohyun just wears the clothes in front of the girl without caring how the mortal has turned red already.

Joohyun is not stupid. She knows this mortal girl must have something to do with her mission. Zeus wouldn’t just drop her inside a random mortal’s house and get her killed on the spot. After all, she is Zeus’s favorite granddaughter and Aphrodite’s favorite child. They will not just let her stay in a bad person’s place, right?

Joohyun knows she is right when the mortal begins to speak.

“Are you hungry? Do you need anything to eat or drink?”

The goddess has never really tried humans’ food. She doesn’t remember being hungry ever since she has been born. But today seems to be different.

“Yes.”

Joohyun replies.

She hears a soft sigh. She is sure it is from the mortal whom she must have scared the hell out of her with her sudden appearance. Joohyun watches the other girl walks away from her to the kitchen.

Even under the moonlight, Joohyun can tell the girl has a nice body. Being a daughter of Aphrodite, Joohyun bears her pride in her beauty and her ability to charm every mortal and immortal. Thus, she knows a beauty when she sees one. And by looking at the way the figure of the girl moving around, heating the food in the microwave, Joohyun can tell that the mortal is very pretty.

Joohyun decides to sit down and observe the girl. Her hair is around her shoulders length and a little taller than Joohyun. That’s all that Joohyun can make out at the moment.

It doesn’t take long for the sound from the microwave to alert Joohyun that her food is ready. The other girl doesn’t say anything, just putting two slices of what-the-mortal-called pizza on the plate and hands it to Joohyun. The goddess wastes no time to start devouring the food. She feels like she hasn’t eaten in weeks.

After she is done with her first slice, a can of cold Sprite is placed next to her right hand.

“Pizza always goes well with a can of Sprite.”

Joohyun raises her eyebrows at the sudden speech coming from the other girl. It feels quite strange that the girl still hasn’t asked her anything. It is as if she has prepared for Joohyun’s arrival.

When Joohyun finishes, her eyes move to where the girl is. She is sitting on a chair across from where Joohyun is, tapping the table in a random sound.

“If I may ask.”

The goddess starts, gaining the attention of the mortal.

“Why aren’t you asking me anything yet?”

This question makes the other girl raising her eyebrows. It is only for splits of second before she is back to her casual expression.

“Because if I happen to end up in a stranger’s house, those are the things I would want the most.”

Joohyun tilts her head to take a better look at the human. The only light they have isn’t enough to make her see how the girl looks like.

“You should sleep. Since it is the weekend, we will discuss how you ended up inside my apartment in the middle of the night and scared the freak out of me in the morning.”

When the girl is about to get up and leave, Joohyun is quick to pull her back.

“Where should I sleep?”

The mortal seems to think for a minute before she shrugs.

“You can sleep inside my room. My bed is pretty big for two.”

The goddess frowns, cannot believe what she just heard. She knows this mortal must be something related to her mission, but agreeing to just sleep on the same bed with a random stranger isn’t what Joohyun finds comfort in doing. Above that, she is a human now, if that girl decides to do something bad to her, there is no way Joohyun could fight back.

There is a long silence between them. Joohyun doesn’t know what to do. She wants to sleep on the couch, but it doesn’t really look comfortable for her. She is kind of tired too, but she doubts whether or not she could fall asleep with a stranger sleeping next to her. The beauty then catches a small light coming from her necklace as if signaling her that it is alright to trust this stranger. She lifts her head to stare at the human for another ten seconds before she nods her head slowly.

Getting up and following the other girl inside her bedroom, Joohyun feels a sense of comfort when she is met with the fox-liked eyes by the help of the dim light. The bedroom is quite simple. The si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter