Ch. 2 - There's a rumour floating around (Pt 2)

You're Invited To The Wedding (Wang Yibo x Xiao Zhan FanFic) (BL)

Ji Li thought that he heard wrong for a moment. How could Yibo be willing to speak? And not just one but two words? It looked like sun had started rising from west and pigs to fly.

"Rabbit? Where did you see one? How can a rabbit come inside the cafeteria?" Ji Li questioned.

However, what he got in return was only Yibo's silence. It wasn't like he didn't hear Ji Li's question, just that his eyes refused to let go of the senior's gaze.

Truth to be told, Yibo had seen many attractive people in his life. Some pretty, some handsome. Though, his heart never moved. Maybe it was also due to the fact that he always thought he was approached because they wanted some sort of benefit from him. 

Looking at the beauty in front of him, only one thing came in Yibo's mind, 'How cute. Is the senior mesmerised with my looks?' 

(A/N: Just Yibo's view with his pink tinted glasses  ╮(╯∀╰)╭)

(A/N: Just Yibo's view with his pink tinted glasses  ╮(╯∀╰)╭)

He felt the corner of his lips turn up slightly and walked up to take the empty seat next to the senior, leaving Ji Li shivering in fright. '! Yibo is smiling! Have I also started seeing things? I can't let my idol be sacrificed to this demon.'

Though, the beauty mesmerised by Yibo's handsome face was actually...... 

'This headache is killing me! I should go to dorm and get my glasses soon.' Xiao Zhan kneaded his temples a little in the hopes of getting some comfort and turned back to his book. 

In these moments, he really missed Zhuo Cheng.. Or his godly notes at at least.

"Damn you, Zhuo Cheng!", Xiao Zhan cursed silently under his breath, taking a sip of his bottle of ginger ale. He always knew that his friend was a demon's spawn but he never thought he would be this evil! 

Xiao Zhan winced in pain by just remembering the tragedy that happened to him this morning.  However, before he could dive too deep into his memory lane, he felt a light weight on his shoulders and a sweet voice entered his ears, "Zhan ge, you meanie! How could you just leave me alone in the morning."

------------------------------------------------

Yibo's step came to an abrupt stop when he saw the tiny flower boy lean on his beauty so intimately. He frowned and narrowed his eyes slightly which made them appear aggressive and dangerous. Unfortunately, the pretty boy was still clinging to his beauty and had his back turned towards Yibo. 

Hence, with his target changed, Yibo was very successful in sending more chills down Ji Li's spine. 

Ji Li couldn't understand the reason of Yibo's overreaction. 

'Did he fall the senior?' A thought sprung up in his mind and Ji Li soon wanted to cry rivers. He felt like a poor farmer who planted the most delicate lotus in his pond and gave it all the nourishment, only for to be stolen by a dirty crow in the middle of the night. 

Don't ask why Ji Li came straight to the conclusion of love at first sight. In his eyes, his idol was an existence who's beauty could even bring down immortals. 

(A/N: Just Ji Li's view with his pink tinted glasses

(A/N: Just Ji Li's view with his pink tinted glasses. Let Xiao Zhan bless you with his heavenly beauty (/ε\*) )

"You know him." The icy cold voice just made the temperature of the library drop by several degrees.

Ji Li took several steps back carefully. Repeating 'I see no evil and I hear no evil' again and again in his heart like a mantra. 

"Oh, these new books look especially good today!"

Now, please don't judge our cute Ji Li. Yes, that was a lame attempt to divert Wang Yibo's attention and he knew it.

"They've been there for a month. I donated them."
"........." Wow, what a conversation killer.

Of course, this could only be said in his head. After all, Ji Li was still young, single and ready to mingle. 

" You know him." Yibo stated again. 

Yes, it was a statement. He didn't need to ask whether, Ji Li knew the pretty boy or not. Since, unlike him, Ji Li was pretty familiar with most the students in their university. 

"Know who? I don't know anyone at the university. You know how busy I am with the gym and studying." Ji Li looked in to his eyes and lied, making a desperate last attempt at save his idol's chastity. He was sure that Yibo was referring to the senior. 

Was Ji Li so sure that his idol would be bent? No, he was just scared for his mental well-being. Wang Yibo was simply not human! 

"Ji Li." 
"Don't say my name!" Ji Li's legs almost gave out as Yibo's face inched closer and closer. 

------------------------------------------------

"Fan Xing, can you get down? You're heavy." Xiao Zhan pretended to gasp a little.
"Heavy? I'm still a full 22 lbs lighter than you." 

Liu Fan Xing snorted before taking a firm seat next to his Zhan ge.

Xiao Zhan sighed a little in his heart before turning back to immerse himself in the sea of books. He didn't dislike Fan Xing.

With Zhou Cheng changing his subjects for the semester, they no longer shared most of the  classes together. This left Xiao Zhan no choice but to turn to take an asylum with the books. 

Though, with Fan Xing present, the chances of that happening were next impossible. The gossipmonger of A University was anything but academic. 

Sometimes, it did make a lot of people wonder if Zhou Cheng and Fan Xing were really siblings.

"Oh! Zhan ge, Zhan ge! Look!" The little telltale started again. 
"Sorry, no contacts." Xiao Zhan found the perfect excuse. 

No matter what, today, he was determined to complete this assignment or at least that's what he told himself.

Fan Xing smiled mischievously.  "That's fine! Here, see this. " 

He logged in to the school's forum and pulled up a picture quickly, passing it on to Xiao Zhan. "That's Wang Yibo." 

Fan Xing pointed to two blurry figures at a distance after that and it looked like the taller one had the shorter one in a kabedon*! 

"Hehehe... It looks like the second rumour is gonna spread too." Fan Xing giggled like a crazy fan girl as he took his DSLR out of his bag and clicked a perfect snapshot.

Now, please don't ask how Fan Xing was carrying around his expensive as heck DSLR. (A/N: *whispers* shhh.. It's BL logic. Jk.) Don't underestimate the power of the gossip king. Gossip is nothing without evidence. 

" The second rumour?" Xiao Zhan took another glimpse at the picture of the handsome No 1 Freshmen of the Year before turning Fan Xing's phone back.

 

 

It would be a lie to say that Xiao Zhan was not interested in Wang Yibo

It would be a lie to say that Xiao Zhan was not interested in Wang Yibo. After all, who won't like a beauty? Especially the ice queen kind, could only look and not touch. However, Xiao Zhan was not the type of person who liked to be a third party in a harmonious relationship. 

"Ah, yeah! The second rumour. The first one is.... Hehehe. Zhan ge, are you interested? Want me to help you ask him out?" 

And here it came.... You know what was scarier than a gossipmonger? A gossipmonger who was also a fudanshi*!

"No, thank you. I've no interest in tearing apart a loving couple." 
"I'm kidding, Zhan ge. Anyway, who'll date that piece of ice? You saw this constipated look of his. Who will be willing to sacrifice themselves?"

Without even waiting for a response from Xiao Zhan, Fan Xing still continued.

"The first time I met him, he always gave me that long face. I thought he hated me. Aya.. I feel pity for the guy after I found out the truth."
"Pity?"
"Of course, he's suffering from haemorrhoids."

********

A/N (a small skit): 

Scene  - Disciplining the author
Place - Cloud Recesses (Gusu Lan Sect)

WY : ....

Poor  author:  I'm sorry I wronged you,  Wang Yibo! WY: Zhan ge, mine

Poor  author:  I'm sorry I wronged you,  Wang Yibo! 
WY: Zhan ge, mine. 
Poor author: Yes, yes! Zhan ge is all yours from now on. *furiously adding fluff scenes for YiZhan in next chapter*
WY: Only I can call.
Poor author:  (T▽T)

-------------------- 

Notes: 

*Fudanshi : Males who enjoy any media or works depicting romantic relationships between men. Also, doesn't mean all fudanshis are gay.

*Kabedon:

*Kabedon: