Ch. 1 - There's a rumour floating around (Pt 1)

You're Invited To The Wedding (Wang Yibo x Xiao Zhan FanFic) (BL)

"Wang Yibo! Why are you late again?!" 

Everyone turned their heads towards the handsome freshman who made no effort to hide his yawn. 'Ah.. Here we go again..' They all thought in unison.

To be honest, this was nothing new for them

To be honest, this was nothing new for them. Not a single day went by when the professors were not yelling or scolding Wang Yibo. To them, he was probably the demon who reincarnated as a student of A university to make their lives hell. 

But don't just look at Wang Yibo's lazy appearance and look down on A University! Grabbing the title of No. 1 University in their country and voted the No 1 University where youths want to study, this university is the oldest and most prestigious school with an admission rate of 4.8%. (A/N: This chapter is not sponsored by A University. ㄟ(▔ ,▔)ㄏ) 

But how Wang Yibo managed to get in still remains one of the top ten mysteries of A University. 

"Professor, what are you saying? Isn't it only 7:58 am? The class was supposed to start at 8 am." Yibo made his way at the back of the room and settles down, completely ignoring the fire blazing in the eyes of his professor. In his defence, he didn't see it.

"8 am??!! YOU! Look at the clock! Does it show 8 to you? It's 9:15. The lecture is about to end." 

"Eh? Really, it shows 7:59 am in mine now." Yibo took off his wrist watch and showed innocently, making Ji Li, his seat neighbour and best friend burst out laughing.  

Actually, Yibo really didn't lie. Everyone took a close look at his watch and it did show 7:59 am. Though, if you looked really closely, you would realize that the hands were stuck at 7:59!

"You -" Looking at the evidence, coupled with Yibo's puppy eyes, the professor's anger deflated like balloon.  He sighed in frustration, "Don't be late next time. Let's continue with the class."

------------------------------------------------

It had been over a year since Xiao Zhan came back to his home country and left US where he grew up. When he first moved, he thought he would miss the land he grew up at a lot. Though, the reality proved otherwise. He fell in love with his home and never thought of going back again.

The move also didn't have a big impact on his lifestyle. He had gotten used to pretty much everything here, however, this task still remained to be the most strenuous one: buying breakfast.

Xiao Zhan squinted his eyes a little and stared hard at the chalkboard with the menu written on like it owed him  the debt from his last life. Or at least he tried to stare and actually would be able to see if it was not for the tall girl blocking his view.

However, a squinting handsome guy was still a handsome guy. The girl felt his stare and her cheeks started to burn up.

"Geg-"
"Sister, can you move a little? I can't see the menu."

After looking at this scene, all Lui Zhuo Cheng wanted to do was facepalm and drag his myopic friend away from the poor girl to save her from this embarrassment. You could literally see steam coming out of the top of her head while she looked at the ground like she wanted it to open up and swallow her. 

"Aya.. Xiao Zhan, did you forget your contact lenses again? At least remember to bring your glasses." Lui Zhuo Cheng knocked the 183 cm American born Chinese hard on his head before casually dragging him away.

"Yah! Zhuo Cheng! ." Xiao Zhan started to struggle, like a fish out of water, to get out of Lui Zhuo Cheng's hold. "Why did you hit me? What if I become stupid like you?"

"Stupid like me? Hmph. You'll be at the top of society if you had even 1% of my brain." 
"Top of society? Zhuo Cheng, don't count from backwards again. I knew you were never good at maths."
"YOU-"
"I'm kidding! I'm kidding! Cheng ge is the best. So go ahead and order food. Don't let your poor blind friend starving."

Zhao Bai shook his head, frowning "Do you ever even pay?" 

If he didn't know Xiao Zhan since they were in the middle school, he would have never guessed that this stingy guy is the heir of the most successful chain of Chinese Restaurants, The Starless Sky, in US. 

"Auntie, can you give me a milk tea, a soy milk, three steamed stuffed buns and two scallion pancakes?" 
"Wait for a few minutes."
"Thank you. Oh! And please put some pepper in soy milk, it seems that my friend's throat isn't too well."

------------------------------------------------

"Yibo! Yibo!" 

"What?" If looks could kill, Ji Li would've been dead by now. But did Ji Li care? No, after being friends (self-proclaimed) with Wang Yibo, this piece of manipulative ice berg, he had acquired a new skill: the power of meditation and devotion towards his idol! 

In order to not murder (as if he could win in the first place), his best friend (again, self-proclaimed), Ji Li had made meditation a part of his daily life.

Hence, not only was Ji Li a meditation expert, his frequent visits to the yoga & meditation classes of his gym had made him one of the best instructors there at a tender age of 21 years. 

However, in the face being able to meet his idol, all the blood from Ji Li's body started to drain out and tried to calm down his heart. "Ah! Yibo! What should I do? Should I go and say hi to senior?" 

Hearing the commotion, Xiao Zhan turned around and sees a... jumping ball? A blur? 'I should've brought my glasses.' 

Though, it's nothing new to him. Ever since he joined A University, Xiao Zhan had been crowned undefeated 'No 1 Person Guys and Girls Want to Date' with an overwhelming number of 98% percent votes.

'They must be a fan?' Okay, let's just establish this fact that Xiao Zhan wasn't a narcissist. He just liked to think that he's that handsome. 

"Yibo! My idol just looked at me!"

"A..... Rabbit?"

******** 

A/N : I had decided to put it all in one chapter but it seems like it got too long and my speed is too slow. It's 2:58 am here and I'm about to drop dead asleep any moment. But I decided to upload this little update first so I hope you all enjoy and can give your opinions. See you all in two days! 

Here's a little pic of our Zhan rabbit  ~~

(✿◠‿◠)

(✿◠‿◠)