The Consequence of The Reunion

Colliding Worlds: Fallen Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Song Minho-ssi? Are you alright?"

There were a lot of questions that came into his head at once. Such as how the stranger could recognize him, where did she come from, and who she was.

"I'm – I can't breathe... I think I'm gonna—"

The stranger kneeled down next to him, her hand pressing his shoulder gently, yet reassuringly. "No, Song Minho-ssi. You'll be alright. Everything will, in the end. Trust me. Now, repeat after me. Breathe in and breathe out..."

He did as he was told, inhaling and exhaling regularly. Progressively, the negative thoughts that had been clouding over his mind faded, allowing him to get a grip on himself and become aware of his surroundings. His gaze wandered around, unable to tell which floor he ended up on since he escaped the suffocating elevator ride.

He picked himself up, wobbly legs supporting his weight. His body leaned forward in a hurry, avoiding the stranger's gaze. "I don't know who you are, but thank you for earlier." He turned away as soon as he raised his head, "I'll be going now."

"The elevator is this way, Minho-ssi." The mysterious female pointed in the opposite direction. "Are you sure you're feeling better now? If not, I think you could use a company..."

She wasn't the first person to offer an ear to lend. From his family and friends that had been relentlessly showing concern and support for him to the fans whose names and faces he wished to carve in his brain. Yet, he rejected all of them, acting tough when in fact, it wasn't given by the one he hoped it from. Since their breakup, he hadn't been in touch with her... He wondered if she read the news about him—did she no longer care or feel relieved that she ended their relationship in time before his fall?

Looking back on how horrible he treated the people who genuinely cared for him, a pang of guilt suddenly washed him down. A rude awakening occurred to him, reminding him that he truly didn't deserve anyone.

"I let down too many people in my life... I don't want to let any more down."

The female tilted her head curiously, "How did you know? Did they tell you that?"

A wry smile decorated his face, "Not exactly. I just know it. I would feel the same way if I were them."

If truth be told, he had no idea what he was doing. Cluing in someone he never met before as if he was entering a confessional booth, telling all the sins he committed. He could've sworn there was something about the stranger, the way she was able to read him like a bible, cautiously flipping through the thin grade of paper not to put a crease in it.

"The thing you did to them... is it something beyond forgiveness?"

A lump in his throat prevented his voice from coming out. "Yes. I can't even forgive myself for it."

"Hmm, it is hard..." She continued, "Maybe, instead of saying you're sorry, thank them for being there for you. Isn't it better? I mean, it would make me feel appreciated and less pressured."

Thank them for being there for him...? Had he done that before? No. Had it crossed his mind before? Certainly not.

"'Thank you', 'You did well', and 'I love you'. Those three are my favorite phrases. The three phrases I want to hear from people. But before I expect people to say those words to me, I should be the one telling them first." Her hand reached his, squeezing it gently. "You did well, Minho-ssi. For not giving up and still holding on until now."

Warm tears welled up his eyes. Those phrases were nothing new to him as he heard them a lot. But he only got to learn the true meaning of it by then.

"I hope it could be your favorite phrases too, Minho-ssi. Because the world needs to hear more about them." The stranger rose to her feet, about to walk away.

He looked up, "Who are you exactly? Why... why it feels like you've known me for a long time? Have we met before?"

"Is that so? In that case, I might be someone who has been watching over you from afar. So far, far away in a place where you can't reach yet. But one thing for sure, we'll meet again one day." The mysterious female turned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter