Don't jump!

Blush, flutter and stutter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I guess today is the day. I have to do it, no, I need to do it. I can feel my legs getting shakey and weak the higher the elevator floor goes. 12th floor. The building isn't a skyscraper but tall enough. It's now or never. I can feel my palms sweat as I exit the lift. Walking up a flight of stairs as there isn't an elevator that goes directly to the roof top, I can feel my knees suddenly feels like jelly. What the heck.

Opening the door to the rooftop, I had to gather all my breath as I feel my heart pounding louder than it does when I jog. You can do this, Joohyun, you need to do this. I walked slowly to the ledge minding that I just climbed this building expecting to have to see this through. I stepped on the side railing at the edge, eyes closed. My wobbly feet deciding to go on a jelly party along with my legs, knees and thighs. It's now or never. I steeled myself and kept my hold on the railings as firm as possible. Releasing a sigh I have probably held on since I got to the rooftop, I'm finally doing this. 

I pry my eyes open, I'm finally here, I'm doing it!

 

"WAIIIIT! DON'T J-!" I hear someone scream out from the bottom floor. I see someone in a police outfit running towards the building, yelling something, it was a bit muffled, the sound distorted by city noise. "DON'T-" all I can hear is this woman, who I assume to be the police officer running to the building. 

The poor lady even tripped and fell all on her own two feet. That was funny and cute at the same time. The woman disappears from sight which I assume she's entered the building, why was she yelling though?

I closed my eyes once again, and savored the early morning breeze. I guess the air really is different at a higher place. The air may as well be polluted in the city but the light wind is very welcoming and quite calming.

 

 

A couple of minutes later, the rooftop doors swang open. I got startled, almost losing the grip I had on the railings. "MISS, DON'T" I see the woman running earlier now at the door "DON'T JUMP" Still yelling like earlier.

Don't jump? So, she was yelling at me? I tightened my grip on the railing, still recovering at almost falling. "WHATEVER IT IS, I'LL HELP YOU GET THROUGH IT. IT'S NOT WORTH LOSING YOUR LIFE OVER" She yells as she runs towards my direction.

She thinks I'm about to jump this? OMG. No. But, I guess I can play along, it might be fun.

As the officer got closer, the poor lady tripped again, on her own two feet. Cute. She gets up quickly dusting her self off, "I'm Seulgi, Gangnam police district, what's your name, miss?" She asked

"I-" I'm supposed to play along "I...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter