final

Be Alright
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jongin pushed Kyungsoo off the bed.

“Why are you here?” Jongin yelled.

Kyungsoo woke up, startled. He looked up at Jongin from the floor.

“Why are you here, Kyungsoo?” Jongin grabbed Kyungsoo from his arm and dragged him towards the door.

“I- we-” Kyungsoo cried.

“Get the out,” Jongin pushed Kyungsoo out of their shared room.

Once Jongin closed Kyungsoo out of the room, he slowly picked himself up, and the clothes Jongin threw at him. Kyungsoo slowly pulled on his clothes, before limping out of their house. Well, more like Jongin’s house now.

 

6 years later -

 

“Sungho,” Kyungsoo signed as he picked up his son.

“Mommy, look!” Sungho pointed towards the sea.

“Isn't it beautiful?” Kyungsoo kissed his little boy.

“Of course it is, like my two boys here,” Kyungsoo’s husband walked up behind the three.

“Daddy!” Sungho screeched before squirming out of Kyungsoo’s grip to get to the taller.

“Baby” Chanyeol crouched down and hugged the little boy, “ How is my boy? Are you being nice to mommy?”

“Yes! Mommy said you were going to take us to the amusement park after you got back from your meeting!” Sungho pouted at Chanyeol.

“Of course! Anything for my baby!” Chanyeol lifted up Sungho and kissed his cheeks.

Chanyeol walked over to where Kyungsoo was watching them and hugged the smaller male.

“Thank you Yeollie! This is so pretty,” Kyungsoo hugged the taller back.

“Anything for the two of you. I’m going to miss seeing you both when I go to Korea for the weekend,” Chanyeol whined.

“But it's good for you. Plus mom and dad want to see you. Go see them,” Kyungsoo took Sungho from Chanyeol.

“Yeah but what about you two? Here alone, not even knowing the language. We traveled so much, I was thinking about settling back down in Korea.”

The three walked towards the beach, letting Sungho run around.

“But what about your business?” Kyungsoo pouted.

As much as settling down in Korea would be the best for the three, especially Sungho, Chanyeol also had a business to run.

“I will make adjustments! I will get a permanent office in Seoul, and buy us a house. We can still travel, but when Sungho is on vacation from school,” Chanyeol looked over at Kyungsoo.

“Are you sure? I don’t want to be a burden to you, or let Sungho be one either,” Kyungsoo leaned into Chanyeol.

“Baby, you and Sungho are not a burden to me,” Chanyeol pulled kyungsoo into a tight side hug, “you will never be one to me. I just want you both close to me. I don’t want to be far from either of you, and I think it will be the best for us both!”

Kyungsoo didn’t say anything, worried about going back to Korea. But Chanyeol saw through him, kissed his forehead and assured the younger that everything would be fine.

 

“Sungho, please put on your sweater. It’s going to be cold on the plane,” Kyungsoo sighed as Sungho shook his head and cried.

“Kyungsoo,” Chanyeol smiled at Sungho before picking him up,”Baby, please, put on your sweater. Mommy and daddy don’t want you to catch a cold.”

Sungho nodded, even thought it was hot here in California. He needed to listen. Plus, mommy was looking so sad, and Sungho did not want to make his mom look worse.

“Mommy, I’m sorry,” Sungho sniffed as he put on his sweater.

“It’s okay, baby,” Kyungsoo smiled at his baby boy. How could he ever be mad at his baby when that was the only thing that kept him from living.

“Come here,” Chanyeo sat down next to Kyungsoo and held his hand, “maybe tomorrow we can go  visit grandma and grandpa at the farm! And see the animals there!”

“Really? Like the one that Uncle Baekhyun has?” Sungho jumped in excitement.

Last summer, when they all went to Korea, Chanyeol had introduced the two to Baekhyun, his childhood friend. Baekhyun and his husband Sehun lived on a farm, with many animals and adoptive children.

“Yes, like those! I think grandma and grandpa will be very happy to see you!” Chanyeol said.

“Mommy! What about grandma and grandpa that made you?” Sungho asked.

Kyungsoo looked at Sungho with tears.

“Uh..” Kyungsoo didn’t want to tell Sungho that he was disowned when he was pregnant with Sungho.

“Mommy’s parents aren’t here with us,” Chanyeol cut in. He knew everything that happened, and that’s why they were there.

“Really? I’m sorry Mommy,” Sungho hugged Kyungsooo.

“It’s okay, baby,” Kyungsoo kissed Sungho.

They all sat there until their plane was called.

 

Once they all got into their seats on the plane, and their plane left California, Kyungsoo moved so he was laying on Chanyeol’s lap.

“Thank you Yeol.. You didn’t have to lie,” Kyungsoo whispered.

“Like, I said when we got married, I would protect you and make sure you would never cry. Your past is something that you should come out to when it's the right time for you,” Chanyeol let his fingers go through Kyungsoo’s hair, “And I love you. I love you from the bottom of my heart.

 

-

 

6 years before

 

Kyungsoo didn’t know where to go. Jongin kicked him out, his parents threw him out. Where to go.

 

Kyungsoo lifted his luggage and walked down the streets of Seoul, until he was in the forgotten lot in a different neighborhood. It was a lot that he had always gone to when he was at his lowest. And this was below his lowest point. He couldn’t go anywhere. He had no family, no friends and was lost.

 

Kyungsoo layed down on the grass, before closing his eyes. Maybe he was in a bad nightmare and was just dreaming. Maybe this wasn’t happening to him.

 

When Kyungsoo woke up he was still laying on the grass. He was still homeless. Still had no family.

 

Kyungsoo looked through his phone until he stopped at one contact.

 

Park Chanyeol

 

Chanyeol… His best friend since highschool, that cut ties with him because of Jongin.. But Jongin wasn’t there any more… He didn’t need to listen to this man that kicked him out.

 

Chanyeol picked up the phone after the third ring. “Kyungsoo?” He sounded surprised.

 

“Hi Chanyeol.. I know it's been a year since we last talked, and I am so sorry.. I just have nowhere to go right now and I need a place to stay until I-” Kyungsoo choked out his words.

 

“Where are you? I can come right now,” Chanyeol cut him off.

 

“You know where you found me freshman year?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“Yeah. I’ll be there in twenty,” it sounded like the car engine .

 

“Could.. Could you also just stay on the phone until you get here?” Kyungsoo asked quietly.

 

“Yes, yes I will. Just stay strong until I get there,” Chanyeol pleaded.

 

Kyungsoo nodded, knowing that Chanyeol couldn’t see but understood.

 

Chanyeol was walking through the grass within fifteen minutes, looking for Kyungsoo. He saw Kyungsoo, looking so small and pale.

 

“Kyung?” Chanyeol called out to the younger boy, who turned his head towards him.

 

Chanyeol ran up to Kyungsoo, feeling his forehead.

 


“Did you sleep here? You are so cold. We need to get you to a hospital,” Chanyeol lift Kyungsoo in one arm and his suitcase in the other.

“No, I’m fine,” Kyungsoo mumbled.

 

“No, you aren’t. Let’s get you to the hospital, okay,” Chanyeol said, not wanting to argue with Kyungsoo.

 

Chanyeol called his parents, and told them that he would come home after Kyungsoo was out of the hospital. They even told him to bring Kyungsoo over.

 

Kyungsoo woke up to seeing Chanyeol sleeping on the couch. He tried to lift himself up, but he couldn’t feel his arms.

 

“Chanyeol?” Kyungsoo called out. The taller woke up instantly, getting up and walking towards the younger.

 

“Did you need anything? The doctors said you aren’t in the best health to be alone, so I stayed. I hope you are fine, and your baby. Also where is Jongin?-” Chanyeol kept asking Kyungsoo so many questions, not letting him answer any.

 


“Chanyeol,” Kyungsoo patted the seat next to him.

 

“I’m sorry,” Chanyeol sat down on the bed.

 

“No, I should be the one sorry… I called and probably took you away from important matters-” Kyungsoo sniffed.

 

“No no, nothing will be more important than our friendship!” Chanyeol smiled.

 

Kyungsoo nodded looking down at his hands, which were now in his lap.

 

“Do you want to tell me what happened? Also you can stay with me after you get discharged tomorrow,” Chanyeol ran his fingers through Kyungsoo’s hair.

 

“You… You know how Jongin told me that he wanted to get married with me? And wanted to start something with me? That was all a lie. He started coming home late, and I saw him with a “friend” but I know it was more than a friend because he was out longer than usual. And then he made me stop contacting you guys.. And… And then one day after he came home drunk, and.. And… made me.. Do it… He kicked me out… told me… To get out… We called off everything. And soon.. I found out I was pregnant. My parents didn’t even know I was getting married… And they also kicked me out after I found out I was..” Kyungsoo cried. He felt like a disappointment, worthless, like . The worst human being alive. He shouldn’t even be alive.

 

“Kyungsoo, I am so sorry for all that..” Chanyeol hugged Kyungsoo close to his chest.

“I feel like ,” Kyungsoo admitted. Chanyeol was his best friend. The only one who was there when anything bad happened.

 

“And it’s okay. You rve to feel however you are feeling because of everything that has happened to you,” Chanyeol hugged Kyungsoo even closer. The younger hugged him back.

 

“I don’t know if I'm going to keep it,” Kyungsoo quietly admitted.

 

“No, keep him or her,” Chanyeol looked at Kyungsoo. He knew his morals and he knew Kyungsoo would regret it, and would do something dumb to himself.

 

“But…” Kyungsoo teared up.

 

“No. Kyungsoo, you promised you would never do what your mom did to any of your siblings that could have been here today. I do not want you to regret anything and attempt,” Chanteik said sternly. 

 

Kyungsoo nodded, before leaning into Chanyeol.

 

The next day, when Kyungsoo was discharged, Chanyeol was there to help pay for everything, to listen to what the doctors had to say about Kyungsoo’s health. What to do to make sure the baby inside Kyungsoo was healthy.

 

“Are you hungry? I know hospital food is bad,” Chanyeol chuckled.

 

“Uh.. Okay” Kyungsoo said.

 

“What are you craving?” Chanyeol looked over at Kyungsoo before back at the roads.

 

“Soup? Maybe something spicy? I don’t know?” Kyungsoo looked over at Chanyeol with helplessness.

 

“It’s okay! I will eat anything!” Chanyeol smiled.

 

They drove for some time before stopping in front of a restaurant. It was a traditional korean restaurant.

 

“I was going to meet a client here but cancel it,” Chanyeol chuckled.

 

“I’m sorry,” Kyungsoo felt bad. Maybe he shouldn't have called Chanyeol.

 

“No! No, it's fine! You are definitely more important than that meeting! Plus I could reschedule that meeting!” Chanyeol smiled, “But wait here!”

Chanyeol got out of the car first, closing the door before walking to Kyungsoo’s side of the car.

 

“Come on,” Chanyeol gave his hand out to kyungsoo.

 

“Chanyeol…” Kyungsoo looked around.

 

“It's fine! I come here all the time!” Chanyeol took Kyungsoo's hand and pulled him out, “It will be fun!” 

 

Chanyeol walked next to Kyungsoo, keeping the younger at a close distance. As they entered the building, Kyungsoo saw Jongin, sitting down with another male.

 

“Chan,” Kyungsoo turned away into the elders chest.

 

Once Chanyeol saw what Kyungsoo saw, they turned around. Chanyeol used his bigger figure to hide Kyungsoo from anyone. Kyungsoo clutch onto Chanyeol’s sweater sleeve as the two walked back towards the car.

 

“I’m sorry Kyung,” Chanyeol wrapped his arm around the younger.

 

“No, it’s fine. You didn’t know,” Kyungsoo flashed a smile towards him.

 

Chanyeol then took Kyungsoo to the gas station, getting food there. After they had their food, they walked down the river.

 

“What have you been up to though?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“After I graduated, I auditioned to be an idol. I was a trainee for a few months before I was able to debut. After I debuted, it was only a few months after that, that my company disbanded my group. Currently, I am producing and being a CEO of my own company. Today, I was meeting a potential artist, but as I said, I rescheduled it,” Chanyeol walked closer to Kyungsoo.

 

“That’s nice, but sad. How was your group though? Were they cool?” Kyungsoo beamed.

 

“They were like brothers! We all keep in contact though! They do want to come together soon, and make our own music. You need to meet Sehun! He is so sweaty! I don’t know if you remember Baekhyun, but he was also there! Surprised how small this world could be! You need to meet the whole group!” Chanyeol laughed.

 

“I would love to meet them!” Kyungsoo said.

 

“What have you been doing? Other than what happened..” Chanyeol carefully asked.

 

“I.. After I graduated, I moved in with Jong.. And then he forced me to stay inside most of the time. I found a job, but he quickly threw a fit so I am jobless. I don’t really have much to do…” Kyungsoo pouted.

 

“That .. Also, mom wanted me to invite you over when you got out. She knows, and she feels like.. It's okay that you are where you are. She wants to see you though, I think she likes me more than you,” Chanyeol chuckled.

 

“I love your mom though! She is so cute and such a soccer mom,” Kyungsoo laughed.

 

The two talked all night, about everything and anything. Once they decided to go back to Chanyeol’s apartment, it was midnight.

 

“I am sorry if the place is a mess, I never come home, since I am always at my studio. My parents helped fund my studio, so it's in  the cities,” Chanyeol opened the door.

 

The apartment was one bedroom, with the living room and kitchen connecting. There were a few clothes laying around, but Chanyeol picked it up right away.

 

“It's cozy,” Kyungsoo looked around.

 

“Thank you. Now make yourself at home,” Chanyeol put the luggage down in his room, “the bathroom is connected to the bedroom here. Go ahead and clean yourself up first!”

 

Kyungsoo nodded before going into the bedroom. Chanyeol's room was a medium size bed. There was a queen size bed in the middle, a walk in closet on the left of the door. It was simple, but homey. Kyungsoo opened his luggage, full of clothes, his stuffed bear penguin he was given when he was 6, and his toothbrush. Kyungsoo grabbed his oversized t-shirt and his boxers before going to the bathroom.

 

Kyungsoo stood under the shower for who knows how long. He stared at his belly. His belly was carrying his and Jongin’s child. A child that was never consented to be made, but was.

 

“Hey Soo, you okay?” Chanyeol asked from the bathroom doorway,

 

“Uh yeah,” Kyungsoo came back from zoning out.

 

“Okay… If you need anything I’ll be in the bedroom,” Chanyeol said.

 

Kyungsoo sighed before soaping his body. He was here, with one of his dearest friends and he seemed to be zoning out.

 

After Kyungsoo cleaned himself he quickly dried himself up before putting his clothings on. When he came out of the bathroom, he saw Chanyeol on his phone.

 

“Chanyeol?” the male instantly looked up at Kyungsoo.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Uh where am I going to sleep?”

 

“On the bed,” Chanyeol laughed, “like when we were in high school and did sleepovers.”

 

“We were so young back then,” Kyungsoo pouted but walked over to the bed.

 

Chanyeol before heading to the bathroom to do what he needed. Kyungsoo sat on the bed, looking like a lost puppy. He zoned out until Chanyeol came back to the room.
 

The next morning, Chanyeol woke up to Kyungsoo sleeping near him. Chanyeol smiled, before getting up. He did not want to wake up the pregnant male- mood swings you know.

 

Chanyeol made breakfast for the two- scrambled eggs and some rice. He knew he couldn’t cook well, but he still tried his best. As Chanyeol finished cleaning up, his phone ringed.

 

“Hello?” Chanyeol answered his phone.

 

Kyungsoo woke up, to an empty bed. He soon realized where he was, not with Jongin, he was with Chanyeol. Kyungsoo got up, and walked out of the bedroom.

 

The younger male saw Chanyeol talking on his phone, and the food on the table. Kyungsoo waited for Chanyeol to notice him standing there.

 

“Hold on Yixing,” Chanyeol said to the person on the phone, and then looked up at Kyungsoo,” Go ahead and eat!”

 

Kyungsoo blushed before going to sit at the table and pi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter