Chapter 6ix

Is this love? - Chaelisa

Hello everyone! 

I'm sorry for this annoyingly late update. I had a crappy load of exams to study for and my brain was practically fried, so yeah.

Um, anyways, hope everyone's doing well, and - uh - here's chapter 6 of this fanfic that has a weird title-name.

Oh, and just in case anyone's having trouble picturing Jiyeon - one of the characters - i did some digging and found an Instagram post she'd posted quite recently ...  

 

                                                  

 

 

Chapter 6

 

Rose forgot quite a lot of stuff on that fateful day.

 

Her phone, and her maths textbook that she had left in her locker, just to name a few.

One other thing that she had forgotten, was something – no, sorry – someone whom she partly wished she had completely forgotten about.

Jiyeon.

Unfortunately, Rose was reminded about her existence the second she stepped off the coach.

‘CHAAEEYYOOUUNNGGGG!!!!!!’ Jiyeon shouted, 90 decibels louder than she would’ve shouted any other person’s name.

Jiyeon leaped onto Rose, wrapping her in a tight embrace.

‘Hey Chaeyoung! I haven’t seen you all day! I missed you so much bae!’

Rose didn’t quite approve of that last word, but she really was a nice person at heart, and she didn’t want to be mean. So she gave a meek smile and said in the most nicest voice she had, ‘Hi Jiyeon, I missed you too.’

While Jiyeon was practically swallowing Rose up, Jennie walked a bit to the side of the two, looking a little bit … unhappy.

 

---

 

They reached their room, and Rose immediately rushed in and slammed the bathroom door shut, locking it firmly. There was only so much Rose could take from skin ship with another person, and Jiyeon was really starting to cross the line. She had felt Jiyeon touch her at least 10 times in the short walk to their room.

Rose stayed in the bathroom for as long as she could, until Jennie knocked on the door, asking if she could hurry up because she had to go as well. Rose slowly opened the door, and was almost bombarded by Jennie, who rushed in, and shut the door so quickly, she almost got Rose’s fingers caught in the door.

‘Er, you okay?’ asked Rose, watching Jennie’s strange behaviour. ‘Do you need the toilet? If you do, then I’m gonna head out. I don’t like invading people’s personal spaces, especially when their doing their private business … unlike somebody…’  she mouthed Jiyeon’s name.

‘She’s the whole reason why I came in here so quickly,’ said Jennie quietly, so Jiyeon wouldn’t hear if she had her ear pressed up to the bathroom door, like she did before when Rose was in the bathroom. ‘She drives me crazy and she doesn’t even realise it, even though I give her all the hints that I want her to back off and stop bragging about her life.’

‘Oh, is that what she does to you? asked Rose. ‘She doesn’t hug you all the time and touch your body for no reason?’

Jennie shook her head. ‘No. She just brags about her life, how many boyfriends she’s had, how popular she is on Instagram or whatever … she probably just does that because she knows that I’m a fairly popular influencer, and she wants me to be impressed with her fake-as life, so I can promote her or something, and make her more popular. That girl can keep dreaming. If she did dare touch me, I’d tell her to back-off and keep her dainty little hands to herself.’ She paused for a bit, then added: ‘You should do that Rose. Tell her to back off when she touches you inappropriately like that. It’s not right. You don’t even know her that well too.’

I guess you could say that her jealousy anger was showing a bit, but Rose didn’t realise. She just thought Jennie was looking out for her personal safety and being a good unnie. Little did she know, that was not what was in Jennie’s mind.

Not even close.

‘Um, but anyways, what was that about her invading people’s personal spaces? Did she sneak up on you when you were using the bathroom or something?’ asked Jennie, flushing a bit upon realising that she had been a little bit obvious when trying to hide her jealousy anger.

‘Not exactly. But if the bathroom door had been unlocked at the time, I’m sure she would’ve purposely walked in on me, and who knows what she would’ve done after that. Um, but – er – we really shouldn’t be back-chatting about her like this. It’s not right, and I feel kinda bad, It’s not like she’s actually done something terrible or anything …’ said Rose, her kind personality kicking back in.

Jennie sighed and nodded, looking down at the floor, a bit embarrassed for her behaviour.  

‘Yeah, I guess you’re right …’

There was a bit of awkward silence between the two, when they both realised that they were in the same bathroom and standing a bit … er … close to each other.

‘So, um, do you need to go or … ?’ asked Rose.

‘No, I don’t. If I did need to, I would’ve pissed myself by now. We’ve been standing here talking for about 3 minutes,’ replied Jennie. ‘But, anyways, we shouldn’t go out at the same time. Jiyeon might get a bit … suspicious about what we were doing in here. So, you go out first, and I’ll wait back here for a bit, ok?’

Rose nodded, unlocked the door, and stepped out.

She had half-expected Jiyeon to be standing outside, waiting to pounce on her, but she wasn’t. The room was empty.

‘Hey Jennie, Jiyeon isn’t here …’ said Rose, starting to search the room a bit.

‘What do you mean?’ asked Jennie, stepping out of the bathroom. ‘Are you sure she’s not hiding behind the bed, or inside the wardrobe, ready to jump on you?’

‘No. She really isn’t here,’ concluded Rose, sliding the wardrobe door shut. ‘Maybe … maybe she overheard what we were talking about, and she got hurt or something! And she ran off to find one of her friends, or … oh no! What if she went and told the instructors that we were back-chatting about her!’

‘Hey, calm down. There’s no need to worry like that. I’m sure she just went out with one of her friends or something because she was bored being in the room by herself - even though it’s forbidden to go out without permission, after coming back from school. But hey, that’s her problem,’ said Jennie.

‘Are you sure?’ asked Rose, looking at Jennie with big puppy eyes.

‘Ya, what’s with that look?’ asked Jennie, covering her face to hide her flush that was creeping onto her cheeks.

‘I’m just a bit worried … partly for her, and partly for us. I’d hate if we were sent back just because we were back-chatting.’

‘That’s stupid.’ Jennie stated bluntly.

There was an edge of annoyance in Jennie’s voice, so Rose decided to shut-up.

---

Evening crawled in, and the room was lit up with golden rays of the setting sun. Jennie and Rose were doing some studying together, sitting at the table that faced the window.

‘Dammit, the sun’s in my eyes!’ complained Jennie, shielding her eyes.

‘I think it’s beautiful …’ mused Rose. She looked at the colours the sunset were making, then absent-mindedly looked at Jennie.

Jennie heard the word “beautiful”, turned, and saw Rose looking at her.

I guess you could say a bit of miscommunication, or misinterpretation, took place.

Jennie thought that when Rose said the sunset was beautiful, she was really meaning her. But, unfortunately for Jennie, that wasn’t the case.

So, yes, miscommunication said hello.

Anyways, Jennie flushed a bit, but like usual, Rose paid no such notice. She was too busy flicking off some lint that had stuck to her shirt.

They worked for a bit more, when all of a sudden, Jennie’s phone rang.

Jennie picked up her phone and saw the number that was calling her. A look of confusion crossed her face.

‘Huh? Hey Rose, isn’t this your number?’

Rose looked at Jennie’s screen and let out a gasp when she saw it.

‘Oh my god! It is!’

‘That means someone’s got your phone. You did say you accidentally left it in the hallway of your classroom building, right?’ asked Jennie.

‘Yeah, I did. Holy crap! What if that person’s looked at all my personal stuff on my phone! If they managed to get in my contacts, that must mean they unlocked my phone! … wait, hang on a minute … oh right! I haven’t put in a password yet, because it’s a new phone …’

Jennie shook her head. ‘Seriously Rose, why on earth would you not put in a password, then put personal stuff on your phone? Is there any common sense in doing that? I don’t think so!’

‘Never mind that,’ said Rose hastily. ‘Just pick the phone up. Put it on speaker.’

So Jennie did that.

‘Hello?’ she said.

There was a bit of crackle and then a clear voice came through.

‘Hello? Hello? Is this – um – Park-park Chae-chaeyoung…? Are you Chaeyoung?’

They sounded like they were having difficulty reading the name.

Jennie put the phone closer to Rose so she could speak.

‘Er – yes, I’m Chaeyoung. Um, do you have my phone?’ Rose asked.

‘Uh, yeah, I’m calling using your phone right now. I saw it on the floor and I thought it belonged to my friend, Rose.’

‘Wait what? But, I am Rose!’

‘But didn’t you just say you were Chaeyoung?’

‘Yes I did. “Chaeyoung’s” my birth name, but most of my friends call me “Rose”. Um, with all due respect, could you please tell me … um … who are you?’ Rose babbled.

There was some awkward laughter on the other side of the call.

‘I’m Lisa Manoban.’

 

Rose froze. I was talking to Lisa that entire time?!!

 

---

 

A/N: to everyone who's subscribed to this fanfic, thank you.

You guys are my - um, what is it called again? Er, sorry, you guys are the people who inspire me to create more content and stuff.

Huge thank you.

To all of you.

I probably shouldn't have put this acknowledgement at the end of a chapter, but .... i already did. whoops.

 

XX