CHapter 5ive

Is this love? - Chaelisa

Chapter 5

 

Lisa was making her way to the library, when she remembered that she had to run an important errand for a friend, which required her to climb a painful lot of stairs to the top floor of the building on the far side of school. When she finally huffed her way up, she thought she saw someone run into one of the classrooms. Curious, Lisa walked over to see what was going on, when all of a sudden, she was struck by something coming out of the classroom at high speed.

Lisa had gotten a good slap in the face by the person who had run out of the room so carelessly, and she fell onto the floor, covering her face.

Ow, crap! That hurt like a biatch! She thought, ready to give a good beating to the careless person.

She looked up, a glare in her eyes, then she saw who she had bumped into.

Huh? This girl looks familiar…hey, it’s that girl from the cafeteria!

And all of a sudden, Lisa’s intentions of beating up the girl to a pulp, vanished.

This girl looks way too innocent to yell at for being careless. And besides…this girl…she looks…she actually looks kinda … cute!

 

Lisa jumped up onto her feet and gave Rose a goofy smile.

‘I’m all good. No need to worry about me, thanks…’ she said cheerfully.

She slightly cocked her head to the side and put on her coolest, nonchalant face. ‘I guess I owe you an apology for being so careless like that and not looking where I was going. Shoulda’ paid more attention to where I was going. Sorry about that … er … right, didn’t catch your name. I’m Lisa. You’re… ?’

‘ROSE!’ Rose blurted out, a bit too loudly. She quickly covered , looking embarrassed. ‘Um, sorry, didn’t mean to scream my name out like that...’ she said, now talking in almost a whisper.

‘That’s okay Rose,’ said Lisa, smiling her irresistible smile.

There was just something about the way Lisa said Rose’s name that gave Rose tingles up her spine.

In a good way.

Lisa was quite used to people who liked her (girls especially) looking flushed and being all fidgety and awkward around her, though it could be annoying sometimes, depending on who the person was. With Rose, she had a strange but happy sensation buzzing through her body.

I guess you could say that Rose was her type.

Definitely her type.

‘So … I guess I’ll see you at school tomorrow, yeah?’ said Lisa.

Rose nodded, almost like she was in a trance.

‘Yeah, yeah, I’ll call you tomorrow – I-I-I mean – see, SEE you tomorrow! Yes, I’ll – um – see you tomorrow…’ Rose mumbled, wanting to kick herself for her stupid word slip-up.

Lisa didn’t miss a beat. She gave Rose a cool grin.

‘I can’t call you if I don’t have your number Rose. Wanna exchange numbers?’

 

---

 

When Rose finally returned to the front of the school, she had Lisa’s phone number and her Insta.

 

She also had an impatient Jisoo, an even more impatient bus driver, and 2 very angry instructors.

 

‘What took you so long?’ Jisoo asked, in almost a hiss, but not quite because she was too nice to do that. ‘Your coach has been waiting for 30 minutes, and you specifically said you were going to take a second to get back here.’

Rose was about to tell Jisoo to not take her words so seriously. When she said, “I’ll be back in a sec”, she didn’t really mean that she would be back in a second. Who can get from one side of a big school to the other, in a second? Well, unless you’re The Flash or something.

The instructors made sure that Rose got a stern telling off for her actions and how it had caused the whole exchange group to waste 30 minutes waiting for her, even though none of the kids seemed too bothered about it.

Rose did a frantic apology run-through with everyone (even with the smelly dudes sitting in the back of the bus), before waving a timid “bye” to Jisoo and sitting down in the coach next to Jennie (who, btw, was waving at Jisoo for a good 2 minutes).

The coach pulled away from the curb, and started making its way back to the dorm. Jennie stopped waving out the window once Jisoo was out of sight. There was a strange look on her face. Rose couldn’t tell if she was happy or not.

‘So …’ said Jennie, ‘What exactly took you so long?’

Rose squirmed in her seat a bit.

‘Well, I forgot my phone, so I went back to my class to get it, which, by the way, is on the OTHER side of the school. Anyways, I had to make a mad dash for it, and when I came out of the classroom, I accidentally bumped into Lisa. My phone fell out of my hand and – oh, wait a second … oh sh*t!’

Rose gasped.

 

Why?

 

Because she just realised that she had forgotten her phone.

 

It lay abandoned, with a cracked screen, in the lonely hallway of the building on the furthest side of the school.

 

And the sort-of-funny thing is: The only reason she got in trouble in the first place, was because she had to go back and get her phone that she had forgotten. Yet, she still somehow forgot it. Sorry, this is a teet bit confusing.

 

A/N: Sorry, i just realised how short this chapter is ...