Chapter 1ne

Is this love? - Chaelisa

Hey internet peeps! Hope you're staying safe and happy and everything! Anyways,decided to write a Chaelisa fanfic. Hope you enjoy it!!!

 

Chapter 1

 

The news of being invited to Korea as an exchange student happened quicker than she expected.

In fact, just days before, Rose was planning what to do for the upcoming school holidays. Sitting on the balcony and reading a book to the fish, or playing the guitar sounds like a good idea, she thought. But the next day, when she went to her high school, her languages teacher told her that she would be participating in an “exchange student” program with some kids from her school, and some from a high school in New Zealand. They were to travel to Korea and study there at a high school, and stay in a dorm near the school. Rose was ecstatic to find out that she had been nominated to participate, as only the students with the highest grades in the class were picked. She was also eager to visit Korea as she had never been there before, and she wanted to visit her grandparents who lived near the area they were staying.

Before Rose knew it, she and a couple of others from her school, were at the airport with their luggage. The students from New Zealand were due to arrive at the airport as well, and they arrived on time, but a bit tired as they had already taken a short flight from New Zealand to Australia. Rose scanned the students that had come from New Zealand, and found that most of them were boys, which was of slight disappointment to her, because she always found it a bit hard to communicate properly to boys. Ever since a boy in her kindergarten came over to her house for a play date, and completely ransacked their fridge and pantry of all the things that Rose loved eating, Rose hated men. Actually, “hated” may not be the right word…more like…dis-like-their-annoying-behaviour kind of feeling.

 

Ok, getting a bit off topic here…

 

So, anyway, Rose was a bit disappointed to find that most of the students from the New Zealand group AND her own group, were guys. But at a closer inspection, she found that there was actually a girl amongst all of the dudes. She seemed to be hiding behind one of the bigger dudes, almost as if she didn’t want to be seen or talked to. But Rose sensed that the girl was friendly, and she wanted to go over and talk to her. Unfortunately, the instructors of both groups was ushering them toward the luggage drop off point (or whatever you call it), so Rose didn’t get the chance to talk to her. She was actually surprised that she actually wanted to physically go up and talk to someone, because she was usually an introverted, shy girl, who would sit with her very densely populated group of friends at break-time, though she was sure that none of them liked her much.

 

Getting carried away again, sorry…

 

Rose got her chance to talk to the friendly-looking girl when they were told to take a last trip to the bathroom, before boarding the aircraft. There was a queue in the ladies bathroom, and the girl was waiting behind Rose, so she took the chance to introduce herself to the girl. ‘Hi, my name’s Chaeyoung Park, but everyone calls me Rose, and I’m one of the students participating in the student exchange program with Korea. I believe I saw you amongst the New Zealand group and I thought you looked like a friendly person. What’s your name?’

Ok, as you can probably tell, Rose was also not the best at talking to girls either, or any human actually, due to her introvert and shy nature, and lack of physical interaction with anyone. So it makes sense if the other girl was a bit taken aback by the sudden introduction. But if that was the case, she was definitely good at hiding it, because she simply smiled and introduced herself.

‘Hello, Rose. Nice to meet you. I’m Jennie Kim, and, yes I am part of the exchange program.’

There was something about Jennie that made Rose seem so at ease when talking. Maybe it was her looks with her kind, beautiful looking features, or her gentle-like tone that she spoke with. Rose even surprised herself by not making the conversation go awkward.

‘Are you looking forward to Korea?’ asked Rose.

‘Yeah, I am,’ replied Jennie. ‘You see, I have some friends and family over there and I haven’t seen them in a while. It’ll be good to catch up with them. And I’m also looking forward going back to school in Korea. I used to when I was in primary school.’

Rose nodded, astounded that she had received so much knowledge about Jennie in such short time. She was about to tell her a bit about herself, when one of the cubicle doors opened and she was finally allowed to go in, after waiting for at least 3 minutes. Once she was done, she patiently waited outside for Jennie, as she really wanted to talk to her and get to know her more. After a while, Jennie came out of the restroom, slightly adjusting her perfectly curled hair with her damp hands. Rose only just realised how beautiful Jennie looked. She’d thought that the instant she saw her, but the thought only truly sank in at that moment.

She looks like one of those beautiful k-pop idols or actresses! I would’ve thought she was one if I saw her in public or something. She’s just so beautiful! Rose thought.

Jennie saw Rose standing outside the bathroom, and waved to her.

‘Hi again! Did you wait for me?’ she asked, smiling a gummy smile.

Rose nodded vigorously.

‘Yes I did.’ She replied. ‘Shall we go?’

Rose got a bit of a shock when Jennie slipped her arm through hers, but she smiled anyway, and together they walked to the boarding gate, where both instructors were waiting, quite angry of the girls’ late arrival.