Chapter Two

Someday [Rewriting]

Chaewon walked to the student council room after school ended. Minju had already told her that she should go ahead but Chaewon still went for her. Just in case. The halls were empty, and the weather was still no good. At least, now it wasn't snowing. Chaewon shivered at the thought of winter. One of her least favorite seasons.

When she reached the room, she was surprised to see Yujin there too. "What're you here for?", Chaewon asked when she arrived. Yujin jumped at the sudden presence. "Ah! Chaewon, I didn't think you'd be coming.", Yujin said, avoiding Chaewon's question. The older girl shrugged and walked in. Yujin followed in from behind. 

Minju raised her head from the paperwork when she heard the footsteps. "Chaewon?" The older girl grinned, "I brought you some snacks just in case you stayed behind a little bit later." Minju smiled, "Thank you." Yujin looked between the two. 

A cough was heard. All three girls turned their heads in the direction of the voice. Where Wonyoung sat. "You brought her snacks but not me?", Wonyoung gasped in offense. Chaewon panicked. "I- I didn't know you'd be here! I would've bought you some too if I knew.", Chaewon swore. She scratched her neck, sweating nervously. Wonyoung huffed, pouting. "You clearly have favorites."

Chaewon walked over to Wonyoung, casually sitting in the chair next to her. Wonyoung stared at the older girl in confusion. "I'll buy you mint choco ice cream on our way to Minju's.", Chaewon offered. Wonyoung pretended to think about it. "Mm...I don't know." Chaewon chuckled at the girl's antics, amused. "I guess no ice cream for you. I'll be going then.", the senior girl teased. Chaewon quickly said goodbye to the other two girls who had been there watching them.

Wonyoung quickly scrambled to pack up her things, "Wait! I was just kidding. You better buy me the ice cream!" The younger girl clumsily forced her things into her bag and waved goodbye to her two older friends. Quickly chasing after the senior girl who had just left.
Yujin let out a shaky breath as the two left, and looked over to Minju; who smiled at her, patting the chair next to her softly.

 



Wonyoung eventually caught up to Chaewon. "How could you just leave me like that?", the younger girl muttered. "You said you didn't want any," Chaewon answered. "I said I didn't know! Those are two different things.", Wonyoung argued. Chaewon only laughed in response.

"You'll buy me the ice cream, right?" Wonyoung asked, looking at the shorter girl expectantly. "Hmm...I don't know," Chaewon answered, grinning. The younger girl whined in response. "If you keep acting like this I'll walk without you.", Wonyoung threatened. "I didn't ask you to walk with me though," Chaewon casually responded.

 When the older girl had said that she hadn't been looking at the younger girl. She didn't see the girl's expression change. 

"Fine then." And with that, Wonyoung stomped off bitterly. Chaewon widened her eyes in response. Surprised by the taller girl's reaction. She had never seen Wonyoung upset like that before. The short-haired girl felt guilty and tried to catch up to the angry girl. "Wait! I was just kidding.", Chaewon called out in hopes that Wonyoung would stop and wait for her. To her disappointment, she didn't. She continued to walk away, knuckles white from her hold on her backpack straps. Muttering incoherent words. Among those words were, "Stupid face."

Chaewon stopped. She watched Wonyoung walk away. A frown appearing on Chaewon's face. She hadn't meant to hurt the younger girl. She let a groan out, kicking an innocent pebble laying on the pavement. 

Chaewon decided to let the younger girl get ahead. She didn't want to upset her any further. So she walked as slowly as possible, taking her time.

 


 

Chaewon nervously knocked on the Chou's front door. She hoped that it wasn't the Taiwanese who'd be greeting her. Why was she nervous? She had been over several times, so why is she so nervous? The lock clicked and the door swung open. Revealing neither of the parents, but rather Wonyoung.

It was awkward. They stood there, staring. Chaewon wasn't sure what to say, well she did. But she wasn't sure how to bring it up. As for Wonyoung, she didn't know if she should go first. Chaewon opened to speak but was cut off when a small Pomeranian dog came up behind Wonyoung. 

He barked in excitement. Chaewon grinned, "Hello to you too, Gucci." She bent down to pet the small dog. "Stop hogging Gucci!", a voice yelled from inside. A voice sounding like Yena. "You should..come inside.", Wonyoung murmured. 

The Chou's place was still the same since she last visited. Which was not too long ago. They walked through the hallway and turned to their left where the living room was. The place wasn't a mansion, but it was bigger than normal. Even with the six of them in the living room, it was still spacious, fancy furniture decorating the room. Family pictures hanging on the pale white walls. 

Chaewon casually took a seat on the ground, next to the black leathered couch. Gucci immediately sat on Chaewon's lap. "That's not fair! I gave you a bunch of treats, Gucci!", Yena yelled. Chaewon laughed, "He just doesn't like you." Yena fake sobbed into her girlfriend's lap. "How could he do this!" Yuri comforted the girl, combing her fingers through her hair. "There, there." 

"What took you so long, anyway?", Yena questioned. "Nothing...I just got distracted.", Chaewon replied. None of them believed what she said but shrugged it off. Everyone but Wonyoung. 
"We'll just start without Yujin and Minju.", Hitomi announced.

The six girls not so quietly worked on their work. Chaewon groaned and banged her head on the coffee table every now and then. She could probably understand her homework, but did she bother to? No. Instead, she sat there, suffering as the other girls started progressing further. 

Further into the study session, Chaewon completely gave up and rested her head on the thick textbook, unaware of the stare from a certain girl.

"If you're just gonna sleep, then come help out in the kitchen.", a voice boomed from the doorway. Shivers went down the senior's spine. Chaewon swiftly sat up straight, greeting the older girl at the doorway. "Hello, Mrs. Chou.", Chaewon greeted. If Chaewon didn't know any better, she'd think the Chou was glaring at her. "What are you doing just sitting there? C'mere.", the older woman said.

Chaewon rushed towards the kitchen. Following the lady. They made their way to the kitchen, passing the dining room. There, the Hong Konger was kneading dough. The smell of homemade food nearly made Chaewon drool. Elkie looked up from the dough, smiling happily. Chaewon saw it. The look of love in Elkie's eyes when she saw Tzuyu. She wondered if she could have the same thing they had.

Tzuyu didn't waste any time in embracing her wife. Elkie wrapped her arms around the taller woman, to which Tzuyu leaned in for a peck on the lips. Chaewon looked away in courtesy. When the married couple finally parted, Chaewon offered for help. She'd rather cook than study. "I'll be in my office," Tzuyu said, kissing Elkie on the forehead before leaving the two in the kitchen. 

"Don't cause any trouble.", Tzuyu warned. Chaewon nodded nervously. Elkie said something in Mandarin as Tzuyu left. Probably a little scolding.

"It's been a while since you came over," Elkie started. "Minju only ever brings Yujin over now." The Hong Konger continued. "Eh? Since when?", Chaewon asked. Elkie chuckled, "This month she's been coming over more often. At this point, she'd be visiting more than you in a year." Chaewon bit the insides of her lips. "I see...", Chaewon replied. 

"You should see Tzuyu when Yujin comes over. It's much worse than you." Elkie said, shaking her head in disapproval. Part of Chaewon felt a little too happy to hear that. "I still don't get why she only ever does it to us two.", Chaewon grumbled. Elkie kept quiet, she knew the reason why but perhaps it'd be better for her to not know, at least, not yet. "Here, taste this.", Elkie lifted a spoon to Chaewon's lips, to which she took a sip of the soup. 

Chaewon hummed in approval, "You're cooking is always the best." Elkie laughed, flattered. "I don't think your mother would want to hear that." The older woman jokes. They both laughed. Her mother really wouldn't. They continued kneading the dough until it wasn't very sticky anymore. Then, added it to the soup.

The two women continued cooking while talking about anything they could think of. When they were done, Elkie told Chaewon to go grab the other girls. She washed her hands and went back to the living room. 

When she arrived, they were no longer studying. Instead, they were watching a movie. Chaewon scanned the room, seeing Minju. On the couch, snuggled up against Yujin. It was dark so the other girls wouldn't see, but from where Chaewon stood it was all too clear. The senior girl felt jealousy pricking at her heart. She sighed.

"Food's ready.", Chaewon called out. Pretending like she had just gotten there. This caught the attention of the girls. They all made their way to the dining room, where the table had been set up. Food waiting on the table for them. "First come, first serve.", Elkie called out as they came in one by one. That didn't matter though, there was surely enough for everyone. Maybe a little bit more than what they could handle.

"Wah...I'm drooling right now.", Nako said aloud. They all looked over to the short Japanese, and sure enough, she was really drooling. "Ew, wipe yourself.", Hitomi nagged. They all laughed at the two then went over to the table to eat.

Chaewon watched Minju and Yujin casually sit next to each other. Whispering into the other's ears, and quietly laughing to themselves. Chaewon couldn't help but frown. "If you keep doing that it'll stay like that forever," Wonyoung said. Chaewon jumped in surprise. "I don't know what you're talking about." Wonyoung rolled her eyes. 

The two sat next to each other as all the other seats were taken. Chaewon quietly put food on her plate, silently watching the two suspicious girls across from her. Wonyoung watched Chaewon watch the two girls. She wasn't surprised. The younger girl ate silently as she watched the way Chaewon's eyes darken each time Yujin fed Minju. Or when her brows would furrow. 

The girl decided couldn't take it anymore. "Your food will go cold if you continue staring.", Wonyoung stated. Chaewon turned to Wonyoung, then to her plate. "I'm not really hungry.", Chaewon lied. Wonyoung rolled her eyes again. She grabbed Chaewon's spoon, using it to grab some rice. "What're you do-", Chaewon started but was cut off when Wonyoung shoved the spoon in . "Eat."

Chaewon was flustered at the girl's action. She grabbed Wonyoung's wrist. Wonyoung took the hint and moved her hand. Chaewon took a moment to chew her food then swallowed. "A warning would've been nice." Chaewon hissed. The taller girl shrugged. She turned back to her plate and continued eating. 

Chaewon continued staring at the younger girl. "I know I'm pretty, but please, just eat.", Wonyoung said. Chaewon opened to speak but once again, Wonyoung shoved more food in . Chaewon grumbled with food in . Glaring at the younger girl. "Are you doing this because of earlier?", Chaewon finally said. "No." "Just eat.", Wonyoung uttered. 

Chaewon shut and did as she was told. The two had been busy bickering that they hadn't noticed the stares they got from the others. 

Nako smirked as she watched the two. Finally, it all made sense. The Japanese girl didn't say anything though. While Nako had figured it out, the others, not so much.

After dinner, the girls left one by one. Wonyoung was the first to go. Chaewon missed her chance to apologize. The senior girl left after Wonyoung did. She didn't know if she could continue watching the two girls be awfully closer than usual anymore. 

 



A knock was heard on Wonyoung's window. The girl halted, she was now scared. Her mind started wandering off to ghosts and a creepy stalker. Her legs shook in fear. Her lights were still on, and she couldn't just turn them off. A muffled voice came from the window. Scaring Wonyoung even more.

Finally, she gained the courage to peek through her blinds. There, a figure was standing on the tree in front of her window. Wonyoung nearly screamed until she saw who it was. "Open the window!"

Wonyoung was confused but opened the window. "Ice cream?", Chaewon offered, smiling. "W-wha?" Wonyoung wasn't sure if she should be flustered, scared, or confused. She felt all three. "You said you wanted ice cream earlier. And I said I'd buy you some.", Chaewon explained. "H-how did you?", Wonyoung stuttered. She peeked out her window to look down, no ladder in sight. "So do you want ice cream or not?", Chaewon huffed. "I think I'm gonna fall soon."

The confused girl helped the older girl into her bedroom. "You could've just knocked on the door..." Chaewon shook her head. "At this time of the day? Yeah, no thank you." 

Wonyoung grumbled, "I nearly pissed myself because of you." Chaewon covered to muffle her laugh. "But this isn't the first time I've done this, no?" "That was when you were younger!" "You could've gotten hurt!" Wonyoung scolded. 

"I went to the store for ice cream, and even climbed a tree for you! Where's my thank you?" Chaewon huffed. "Ah, thank you." Chaewon shook her head. "Rooftop?", she said grinning. Wonyoung nodded.


The two made their way out of Wonyoung's window, slowly making their way up onto the rooftop. Chaewon had no trouble getting up, but Wonyoung on the other hand. Chaewon laughed, helping Wonyoung up. 

She had pulled a little too hard. Wonyoung stumbled and fell onto Chaewon. Their faces were closer than what they were comfortable with. Silence. Silence surrounded the two.

Wonyoung was blushing. Chaewon didn't notice it before, but Wonyoung had gotten prettier. Just not too long ago, the girl had braces and chubby cheeks. Now, her cheeks were defined and her braces were gone. Her eyes fell onto her lips when they shouldn't have. 

Wonyoung rolled off Chaewon, to her side. "S-sorry." Wonyoung coughed. Chaewon blinked as she processed what just happened. 

"Ice cream, right.", Wonyoung stammered. "Right." The two quietly ate their mint chocolate chip ice cream, laying on the rooftop. Watching the stars. It really took them back to the past. When they were younger. 

"Remember when I broke my leg when I climbed on the tree?" Chaewon finally said, breaking the awkward silence. "Yeah, that was really, really dumb." Wonyoung laughed. 

Chaewon thought that her laugh was quite cute. She shook her head, trying to snap out of it. "But it was worth it." Wonyoung shook her head, still laughing at the memory. "Look, a shooting star.", Chaewon pointed out. Wonyoung stopped eating the ice cream. "They say if you make a wish when you see one, it'll come true.", Wonyoung whispered. "Do you think that's true?", Wonyoung asked.

The older girl thought about it, "No, not really." "Do you?" Wonyoung nodded, "I do. All the time." Chaewon hummed, "Then make a wish." She turned her head to look at the younger girl, who was still looking into the night sky. The full moon gives them some sort of light. The moonlight hit Wonyoung perfectly. Her dark orbs glistened in the moonlight. Her lips slightly parted. "Should I?"

"Go for it," Chaewon answered. She watched as Wonyoung shut her eyes. A second passed, then a minute passed. "Wonyoung?", Chaewon called out. No answer. She nudged the younger girl, but she was fast asleep. The older girl sat up, taking a better look at Wonyoung. Again, she felt those familiar butterflies. 

She slapped herself, 'Snap out of it!' 

Chaewon slowly carried Wonyoung down back to her bedroom. She laid the girl into her bed, tucking her in with her light pink blanket. Along with her stuffed animals.

Chaewon realized that she hadn’t apologized yet, and now Wonyoung was asleep. She sighed. She stood up, searching for a pen and paper to write a little note for the younger girl when she woke up. Her heart thumping loudly at the thought of Wonyoung reading her letter. Would she be amused? Or would she be upset that Chaewon had apologized through a letter? And why was Chaewon so nervous writing a simple apology? She quickly signed the note, then placed it on her desk.


Chaewon quietly made her way to the younger girl again. Kneeling beside the bedside. She tucked her hair out of her face. Her fingers lingering on her cheeks for a second too long. Peaceful Wonyoung is a wonderful sight, Chaewon thought. She leaned down, placing a soft kiss on her temple. "Goodnight, Wonyoungie."

And with that, Chaewon slipped out her window. Shutting it behind her. Walking back home in the dark, with only the moon and its light to guide her.