Home

In the dark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


I look at you,
And I'm home.

// Home

"Sinb!" The loud voice of the new choreographer startled the dancer. Sowon who is near to Sinb stepped closer, clearly a bold move to protect the younger. She kept her eyes on Sinb as they were approached by the man. 

"Sinb! You are doing it wrong!" The choreographer appeared in front of them with their manager in tow. They had been practicing for the new choreography and they are having a hard time adjusting to the new genre. The man doesn't need to be hard, Sowon thought. Sinb had regained her composure and took a deep breath before the man reached her.

"I'm sorry." Sinb glanced at Sowon, who nodded her head and stepped aside so she could leave them to their talk. The young leader could faintly hear the exasperation of the new man and hoped that Sinb would be fine. As much as she wants to intervene, she can't just disrespect the young girl's decision.

At that moment where their eyes had met, Sowon had seen relief as well as a little bit of darkness in Sinb's eyes. Sowon had interpreted the look she gave her as a sign that she was okay on her own, but the dimming light in the younger one's eyes made Sowon worry. She had a feeling Sinb was in for a rough night.

Sowon had been right. She hadn't heard from Sinb for the rest of the evening. She had spent time with Eunha and some of the girls, but Sinb hadn't picked on Sowon once. While she was hanging out with the other girls, she remembered the younger after her talk with the manager and the new man. Sinb's movements were stiff and Sowon saw that the younger wasn't as animated as she usually was. Sowon only relaxed a little when she saw Umji approach Sinb and put a hand on her back. She felt a little better knowing that the youngest was there to keep an eye on her, so Sowon decided to call it a night.

_

Sowon had been asleep for a couple of hours when she was woken by her cell phone vibrating on her head board's shelf. Her hand searched for the phone and she twisted to the side to look for it. The display was still glowing after receiving a text message, so she managed to grab it before the screen turned black. Unlocking the screen, she was glad she hadn't put her phone on silent.

"Are you up?"  Sinb's message read.

"Yeah. Are you okay?" The glare from the screen had been blinding at first, but now that Sowon's eyes had adjusted to the brightness, she could focus on other things. Like the worry gnawing away at her.

"Can you come outside?" Sowon was already out of bed looking for her slippers, before she texted back, saying she'd be there in a minute.

Once she reached the living room, she saw Sinb sitting on the same sofa she'd found her in almost one week ago. The scene looked too familiar for her liking, with Sinb curled up on the sofa and hugging her knees to her chest. The younger looked up briefly when she stepped closer, but didn't say anything when Sowon sat down next to her and they sat like that for more than five minutes.

Sowon leaned back a little and rested her head on the back of the sofa. She could still feel sleep clinging to her, but she willed herself to stay awake in case Sinb needed her. She looked at her out of the corner of her eyes and saw that the younger wasn't as tense as before. Sowon secretly hoped that her presence had been the comfort she sought, but she mentally slapped herself. Now was not the time for selfish desires. She sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter