Ch. 2

Great Escape

At the bar, Phun and Mick watched them perform while drinking their concoctions the bartender had given them for free. It was smooth, but Phun knew the amount of hard liquor in it was high. So he knew taking his time with it was for the best. He was just about to warn Mick when he noticed him slide his empty glass back to the bartender and ask for another. Patting him on the shoulder, Phun kindly warned, “Make sure you take it slow. I think these are stronger than you think.”

“I’m not a kid.”

Offering him a kind smile, Phun reassured, “I know, I’m just giving you a heads up. When did they add that first one to the set? I don’t remember Noh mentioning it.”

Mellow, smooth, relaxed Mick sat at the bar completely at ease. The drink quickly had its effect to relax him, but working now on his second one made Phun question how long that may or may not last. He nodded along with the music as he answered Phun’s question, “He couldn’t have. They only added it today. Noh was super excited about it. He even dared to interrupt Ohm during a time you really don’t want to.”

That was the most words Phun had ever heard him string together at one time. The bartender came to lean on the counter and happily into the conversation, “I was there when he decided to do it! It was priceless. He heard it and just had to do it. Ran off like crazy.”

“I see.” was all Phun could get out as worry nagged at him. He knew well enough to know there was a reason. This wouldn’t be the first time Noh used his music to communicate what his tsundere nature wouldn’t allow him to.

“Frame!” called Book approaching them with two another men. When he reached them he said, “Frame, this is Rome and his boyfriend, Pik, they are spending their vacation with us. Rome’s an old classmate of mine before I transferred to our school.”

Frame nodded as he continued eyeing the grumpy one, “I checked them in earlier. It seems this one’s mood hasn’t improved. Hopefully a few days with us and that changes.”

All Pik did was scoff and Rome was quick to apologetically explain, “Sorry about him, Pik means well. This is just his version of charm.”

Frame winked at him, “His charm and yours are your own version of yin and yang, huh?”

That harmless without a second guess flirty nature of Frame’s caught Pik’s attention and it was clear he did not like it. He grabbed Rome’s wrist and dragged him back to their table without an explanation leaving all them in the wake of Rome’s sputterings.

Book shook his head, “I bet you don’t even know what you did.”

Frame cocked his head to the side, “I drove them off?”

Phun and Mick both nodded their heads, but it was Phun who answered, “It looked like you made his boyfriend jealous.”

“Stupid men like all of you.”Mick’s angry man pout caught all of their attention as the empty second glass slammed down on the counter, “People like you and that jerk up there always so affectionate and nice and flirty to everyone. You don’t know how many times you probably drive him crazy with your hanging all over everybody? How many times you smile at everyone else? We see it! We see it every time. We see every person who wants. Every boy, every girl, its maddening. I want another!”

“Boyfriend or drink?”, teased Frame which earned him a smack from Book.

Phun rested his hand on Mick’s shoulder, “Why don’t you slow down, so you can enjoy the show? I’m sure Ohm would love to talk about this with you tonight.”

“I don’t plan to talk with him tonight. I’m going to show him tonight I’m a man too.”

 

The rest of the night went on without any obstacles. Some of the guests left back to their rooms after dinner, some after dessert, but a few lingered even now just relaxing. Sipping drinks, feeling the night beach breeze, listening to the music and waves, just overall enjoying the late evening. It was a really calming close to a great evening. Everyone was happy, well almost everyone. Mick was still feeling flush and feisty. When Noh and Ohm finished the last song they approached the pair at the bar and Phun did his best to gesture a warning to them. While Noh got it, it was clear that Ohm did not as he was hilariously unprepared for Mick launching himself at him.

Catching him at the last minute as he squeaked, “Mick?! What the heck has gotten into you?!”

Wrapping his arms around his neck, Mick planted a big kiss right on Ohm in front of everybody. Then he pulled out of the kiss to grab him by the shirt collar and pull him nose to nose, “I’m a man.”

“I know!”

“Ohm. Look at me. I’m a man too. See me.”

“I do, Mick, I do. Phun! How much did you let him drink?”

Taking aback, Phun shrugged and shook his head, “I warned him to slow down, but Mick wanted to.”

Ohm groaned and hefted Mick onto his back, “Come on, I’ll take you to sleep this off.”

“No sleep! Tonight is my turn. I’m going to show you I’m a man tonight too.” with that Mick tried to reach for Ohm’s junk and the poor man tried his best to keep his hold of him on his back as well as protect himself.

Ohm tried excusing them, but in his confusion he decided it was best to just leave before whatever demon had possessed his sweet innocent Mick killed all of his boyfriend’s good name.

Noh, Phun, Book, and Frame all laughed at the pair comically retreating to their room. They were all thinking the same thing, but it was Frame who made the joke first, “I think your friend is going to have to protect his tonight.”

Book nudged him chastisingly, but Phun laughed quietly and Noh laughed loud and proud while he nodded in agreement, “Oh yeah, Ohm isn’t used to that side of Mick. None of us are actually. He’s a pretty quiet, well behaved guy normally.”

Book pointed out to them, “He seems to coddle him.”

Noh scoffed, “Oh yeah, he didn’t used to. Before they dated it was everyone else who babied Mick. Everyone, but Ohm. Until they started dating and then he did a complete turnaround.”

The last few people left and Frame clapped his hands together, “Bars closed! Bedtime! Night you guys! Good job tonight.”

He didn’t even give them a chance to say anything as he popped over the bar counter and picked Book up practically throwing him over his shoulder.

Phun smiled nudging Noh’s arm, “I like them. You guys did do great tonight. Do you wanna take a walk or head to the room?”

All Noh could do was shrug as awkward as he was. Caught between wanting to hug him finally getting to touch him and play it cool. But he might not get a choice considering Phun being Phun and the way he knew him. Phun grabbed his hands and like trying to force a cat in the bathtub he wrapped Noh in a tight embrace. As Noh fought and struggled Phun just smiled refusing to let go. He kept his eyes on Noh’s face and said, “I missed you. Did you miss me?”

Phun pulled a little bit of a sad face, “Noh…”

Finally the fight stopped and the cat got in the tub, “Yes. Of course. Happy now?”

A smile lit up Phun’s face and Noh felt as though he had unlocked the universe. Damn it. He was all gushy inside again. He smirked back at him, “Lets take a walk first then we can head inside.”

“Do you need to talk about anything?”

Noh just shrugged and didn’t fight it when Phun grabbed his hand, “No. Yes. I don’t know.”

Phun reached to grab Noh by the back of the head and give it a little rub as he pushed it onto his shoulder, “Talk to me, Noh, I can’t help if I don’t know what the problem is. Please.”

Noh took a deep breath and let himself just relax on Phun’s shoulder, “I keep thinking we need to end it here. We’re not kids anymore.”

Suddenly stopping short, Phun froze as he stared at Noh who now just stood there staring at him unapologetic and keeping that cool brave mask plastered there indifferently. Trying to understand Phun asked confused and hurt, “What does that have to do with anything? You’ve said that before. We’ve been here before and I told you then I love you. What do I have to say to convince you that I want you by my side forever? Noh, it makes me sad when you talk like this.”

Rubbing his hands all over his face in frustration Noh paced a few steps before saying, “If I’ve said it again its for a reason.”

Phun tried reaching for him trying just to get his hands on him, because he knew that would help this. If he could only touch him, Noh would feel better. He needed to reach him, but Noh knew it too and recoiled from Phun’s touch. Sighing with his heart heavy, Phun said, “Just tell me what I can do to fix this. If you don’t tell me what you are feeling I can’t fix it.”

Noh shook his head and looked away from him crossing his arms over his chest, “You can’t fix this. I can’t fix this. This problem doesn’t have a solution. Look at us. Sooner or later this path separates. I go one way and you go another. We can’t keep drawing this out, Phun.”

“Have you ever taken us seriously? Its always embarrassing for you and ridiculous to you. Affection is only acceptable when nobody is looking. This is real for me, Noh.”

There was no missing the genuine hurt spike in Noh’s eyes as his temper flared and his surly side came out in a way Noh never showed to Phun, “I’ve never taken this seriously? I’m shy. I’m careful. I’ve always known what was on the line here. When you always treated this like some easy fling, I knew better. Lets have fun, lets cuddle, lets do whatever we want whenever we want.”

“Thats a relationship, Noh…”

“And thats why one of us has to be cautious.”

“What do you want to be cautious about?”

“Love. Us. Its easy for you. You just feel it and go with it. Thats not me, Phun, I’m harder than that. I don’t always get it. I’ve never easily felt it. Until you. I’ve never loved anyone else besides you.”

Phun smirked and tried to reach for him again, but Noh once again dodged pointing a warning finger at him and it was the hardest thing for Phun not to laugh at him, “I’m not teasing you. That just makes me happy to hear.”

Noh rolled his eyes and gestured towards the sky, “Thats what I’m talking about.”

Phun used that gesture to his advantage and wrapped his arms around Noh in a tight embrace. Much to his surprise Noh exasperatedly acquiesced to the embrace. Phun dared a quick peck to his cheek, “If you love me like I love you, then why are we talking about this? Whats the problem, Noh?”

Once again, Noh crossed his arms over his chest and looked away from Phun, but he remained in the hug, “If this ends, this is it for me. If we go our separate ways I don’t I can feel this again. With anyone else. Just you.” feeling ridiculous Noh tried pushing his boyfriend away, “Off. Get off me. Let go. Off off, I say, off.”

But Phun didn’t let go, he rested his chin on Noh and smiled “Why do you have to love anyone else? Just love me, Noh, stay with me forever.”

“What happens when you are expected to get married and have kids, huh?”

“We can decide which of us later will get pregnant later. Too soon now to decide.” when Noh gave him a face Phun just smiled big at him.

Noh shook his head and finally smiled at him. Phun kissed his forehead and Noh was finally feeling more at ease, despite everything and added one last nagging thought, “You really think this works, don’t you? You really think having a male partner who is a musician will be a solid choice for your future?”

Phun shrugged, “The only part of the future I’m certain about is you in it. I don’t need to know anything else. Now can we go back to the room?”

“Your mind is in the gutter right now isn’t it?”

The only response he got was another big smile and that was all the answer Noh needed.

 

Book came out of the shower to see Frame lounging on the bed provocatively and all he could do was give him a look and shake his head trying not to smile, “I take it you’re not tired?”

“The only thing I’m tired of is being so far from you.” with that he rose from the bed and wrapped his arms around his love. A contented smile on his face as he beamed at Book, “Your choice to come out in only the towel is perfect for what I have in mind to celebrate our first day open.”

“Oh really? And what was it you had in mind? Balancing the books? Double checking inventory?”

Frame groaned dramatically and tonked his forehead to Book’s fake giving him peeved look, “No. No business talk, only business time. Looooooove meeeee, leeeeets plaaaaaay.”

Kissing him sweetly, Book relaxed against Frame’s chest, “I know, I know, you’ve been great today.” kissing his chest and looking deep into his eyes Book continued, “You definitely deserve a reward for being so good.”

his lips and biting them, Frame danced his eyebrows as he reached for the towel. Slowly he began to take it off as he leaned in to start pressing his lips to Book’s neck causing both of their eyes to slowly close. Frame pulled Book in closer and he could feel those fingers gripping them as passion began to ignite between them. Going in for the kill, Frame ripped the towel off and started to ease Book down onto the bed.

Ding Ding! went the desk bell and Frame tried his hardest to ignore it as another hard issue was more pressing, but Book had heard it and knowing his lover well it came to no surprise when he began pushing him off and insisting he go answer it.

Pouting Frame stood up, “Why do I have to go?”

“Because you are the one who’s actually dressed.”

“I meant why do I have to go at all.” there was no need for Book to answer as the look he gave was enough to force Frame’s hands in the air in defeat, “I’m going, I’m going, but you better not be asleep when I get back.”

Exiting out of their small apartment just a few feet away from the hotel, Frame crossed the sand, up the few stairs, across the deck, and rushed into the foyer right up to the desk to see an older gentlemen there glaring back at him. Frame put a bright smile on his face to ask pleasantly despite the outrage of his nether regions, “How can you, sir?”

The man slammed his hands down on the counter and leaned in for emphasis, “I’m looking for my son. I know he’s here. I demand you tell me what room he’s in.”

“Sorry, sir, I can’t-”

“Pik. He’d have the name under Pik. Now where is he?”

Lightning fast realization struck Frame as he clapped his hands together and pointed at the man, “Mr. Grumpy is your son!” clearing his throat he shook his head, “Nope. Sorry. Don’t know him.”

“But you just said-”

Shaking his head and clicking his tongue, Frame gave the man a feigned apologetic face, “Sorry, sir, I can’t help you and not just because we have strict privacy rules, but also cause you’ve interrupted me during my favorite pasttime with my favorite person and that makes me a bit pesky.”

Gritting his teeth, the man began to pull out his wallet, “Fine, I’d like a room.”

“We’re full.”

“You didn’t even check! Get on that computer and look or else.”

Reluctantly Frame tap-tap-tapped on the computer and alas he had one room left. He could lie or he could just give the man the room.

Sorry, Mr. Grumpy.

Frame took the man’s info and made a note to slip a warning to the pair tomorrow when they brought their breakfast to their room. He huffed off in the direction of his room and Frame shook his head. This was going to be trouble and he knew it.

Oh well! It was tomorrow’s problem as tonight was for Book and him. He sauntered off back to his love. When he reached the door he slowly opened it and crept over to the bed shedding his clothes as he did so. He crawled into the bed and lovingly growled, “Book, I’m back! Ready to pick up where we left off?”

Thats when he saw his face.

Asleep.

Damn it.

Frame smiled despite it all and kissed Book’s temple, “Good night, baby.” then he got out of the bed to take a shower.

A cold one.

A very very very cold one.

 

“Get away from me! Back! Back away.”, Ohm warned as best as he could, but still Mick advanced eventually resulting in Ohm’s back hitting the wall. He swallowed hard as Mick grabbed his wrists and held them in place.

“My turn tonight.”

Never had any phrase hit Ohm in the gut harder than those ones right there. Offering Mick a nervous smile, Ohm tried to escape him as easy and gentle as he could, “Mickey Mouse, you aren’t you right now. Why don’t we get you in the shower and sober you up some?”

“No. Get on the bed so I can make you mine tonight.”

Ohm furrowed his eyebrows down at Mick, “We both know thats not going to happen.”

“I didn’t give you a choice.”

Shock and humor battled inside Ohm for first reaction, but he settled on simply saying, “I’d like to see you try.”

Immediately Mick’s hands were on Ohm’s pants and Ohm was very quickly regretting his choice of words as it became battle of the pants.”

 

In Noh and Phun’s room they heard a loud yelp followed by a big yell of “Mick!”, then a thud. They stared at the wall, then at each other before laughing hysterically. Noh shook his head and Phun teased, “Mick seemed really determined tonight.”

Noh nodded, “I’ve never seen him that drunk before. He’s almost like a whole different person. I’m going to head into the shower. Did you eat?”

“Not yet, I wanted to eat with you. I got us some plates since I figured you planned on eating after.”

“Thanks! I’ll be out in a bit.” with that Noh left Phun to go take his shower. The hot water and smoldering steam felt good after this long day. He was beginning to relax when he heard the door click open and close, “Phun?”

No answer.

Shrugging it off. Noh went back to washing his hair. A chill passed him quick as it came. A thought occurred to Noh. The door. The chill. The silence. It could only mean one thing.

A ghost!

Before he could react or think better arms wrapped around his waist and against his better judgment Noh yelled and tried turning around swinging. Lucky for the two Phun dodged the punch and the pair’s eyes met.

A big smile on his face in contrast to Noh’s relieved scowl, “Oh, its only you.”

“Hi.”

“Hi? Thats all you have to say?”

Phun shrugged happily still trying to maintain his hold on the slippery Noh, “I could ask you who else would be joining you in the shower?”

Shaking his head at his boyfriend, Noh muttered suddenly aware of their situation and becoming awkward, “Who invited you to join me in here? Can’t a man shower in peace.”

“I thought you would like it. Why are you so embarrassed suddenly? Before I left this used to a favorite of yo-”

Noh’s hand slapped to Phun’s mouth as a hot flush crept from his ears to cheek and probably even all the way down to his toes. A laugh vibrated his hand as he knew his embarrassment amused Phun. He groaned and nodded, “Okay, okay, you can stay. But lets not speak about things that’ll only embarrass us both.”

“I’m not embarrassed. You’re just feeling shy and its cute.”

Noh pointed his finger in his boyfriend’s face threateningly, “Do not call me ‘cute’. And if you aren’t embarrassed then why are you wearing your boxers in the shower with me? Not like modesty matters at this point between us!”

Proudly Phun wiggled his hips smiling big and gracing Noh’s lips with a quick kiss, “I thought it would remind you of that first bath we took together.”

“Ah yes, the one where you told me you weren’t that much of a gentleman. I remember well. A lesson I would eventually learn a hundred times over.”

Phun edged closer to him in the hug, “I love you. I like to be near you. Don’t pretend you don’t like it. It’ll make me sad.”

When Phun pulled a pout, Noh sighed and hugged him right back. Closing his eyes, he just basked in the feeling of both their hearts beating against each other. Why had he been awkward? Was it how long they’ve been apart? Had he forgotten how could how at ease he felt in his arms? The rest of the world always melted away and in his arms everything time slowed, “I love you too.”

“So can I take my underwear off?” before he could get his answer Noh’s stomach growled and caused Phun to laugh. Instead he settled for kissing his forehead and said, “Nevermind. Lets just finish up and get something to eat first.”

Playfully Noh teased while Phun helped him rinse his hair, “First? Pretty confident, aren’t you?”

“You want to as much as I do.”

“Everyone thinks you’re so sweet. Little do they know what a gutter mind you are.”

“Only for you. Now turn around so I can wash your back for you.”

To Be Continued...