Ch. 1

Great Escape

The sun was just starting to come up, but Book still didn’t feel like they were prepared for this. How had opening day come so quickly? And where was Frame? He walked around the desk and out the open doorway of their humble bungalow-style beachside hotel. Standing at the top of the deck staircase he spied just the person he was looking for. He was watching the sun stretch across the sun lighting up the sea to look like diamonds splintering outward. Book snuck up behind him and wrapped his arms around Frame’s waist. The moment was so still and while Book’s energy was just as still as the moment, he could feel Frame’s manic aura beaming out of him like the sun. Even without talking how excited his lover was was obvious. Book smiled, “We still have too much to do to be wasting here. I need your help checking out all the last minute touches before the first guests arrive.”

Frame pounced around was now the one doing all the hugging as he draped himself on Book embracing the shorter man, “Lets just enjoy this first! We’re finally doing it. The day is here. Everything we’ve worked so hard for and waited so long for is here. Yay! Lets celebrate right here right now. Lets celebrate in my favorite way. Come on, Book. Boooook! Lets play. Baaaaaaaaaby.”

While his eyes were scolding, the impossible to hide smirk still lit up Book’s face, “Worked hard? Waited so long? We just graduated university a few months ago. You’ve fast tracked all of this thanks to your family.” now the same worries crept back in. Had he let Frame’s impulsiveness effect his judgment? Nibbling his lip, Book worried outloud, “Have we rushed this? What business do we have running this place? This is crazy. Why did I let you talk me into this?! We have zero experience running a hotel. This is stupid. ”

Book tried to storm back, but Frame held him tight still draped over him as they made their way back into the villa, “Boooooook! Book. We’ve been engaged since high school, I’m ready to marry you.”

Shaking his head, Book couldn’t help but smile at him. He’d always be a big kid, “We could have done that at any time. My parents long accepted you. To be honest, you being there when I tried to…” even this many years later it still was hard to vocalize about what he had tried to do back then. He not only owed Frame his heart, but his life too, “…you being there with me through all of that back then I think was enough to accept you.”

Frame shook his head dramatically “I don’t want their acceptance. I want them to know I’m better than any daughter in law. I want them to brag about their hot y son in law who takes good care of their son. Let them all know Frame loves his wife.”

Book elbowed him, “And this place will get you that, huh?”

Frame smiled so big his eyes shut, “Yep! It can’t fail! A small getaway with a private beach. Its perfect for lovers. Couples can come here for some alone time without fear of everybody watching them.”

Book stared at him over his shoulder, suspicion nagging at him, “You just wanted some place we could do it on the beach.” Once more that big smile crossed his face as he could practically see the man-boy’s wolf tail wagging and wolf ears twitching. Finally in exasperation, Book chuckled, “We all spoil you too much. Its no wonder your family agreed to help you get this place started.”

Proudly Frame finally let him go to strut over to the check-in desk and bounced up to sit on it, “I get what I want.”

“You’re persistent, thats for sure.”

“I can’t fail! Not with you by my side. You do the book smart stuff and I handle all the charisma, babe. Why do you think my family agreed so easy?”

“Because they spoil you?”

“Nope, well they do, but no.”

“Because I spoil you?”

“Again, yes, but no.”

“To keep you out of trouble?”

“Ha. Ha. No, because they know, my dear Book, with you by my side I won’t let this place go down. I will do everything to make it work. This is where we’ll grow old.” he reached out both arms to him gesturing like a child asking for his teddy bear till Book conceded and came over. Frame kissed the tip of his nose and leaned his forehead to Book’s, “I told you I would become something to get your parents to agree to give me their son happily and I know this is it.”

With a sigh and an easy melting into his arms, Book caved, “All right. All right. I hear you. Now get down and lets finish up before the first guests arrive.”

“Yay!” Frame hopped down and followed Book down the hall to do last minute checks, “Think we’ll get any other couples like us?”

Shrugging as the same thought had occurred to him too, “Its possible. You really played up the private secluded aspect of this place in advertising. Its very likely. Most of our reservations were made for two people, except that one woman who called to make one for just herself.”

“Should we try a foursome this weekend then if there are?”

With a quick smack to his fiance’s arm, Frame ran off laughing with Book following after him. There was no denying this would certainly be an eventful grand opening.

 

“Its too hot to be carrying all this ourselves!” complained Ohm as he hoisted more equipment out of the van.

Noh rolled his eyes, “Yeah yeah, . Aren’t you always the one to talk about how manly you are.”

Ohm tried wagging his finger at his friend, but almost dropped his load in the process, “I’m not talking about me, this is about baby Mick. Where is your compassion for him? He’s taking time out of his busy uni schedule to help us with this. And for what? Look at this place! Its nice and the view is amazing, but its so small and there is no one around for miles. What kind of place have you booked for us?”

Closing the door and coming up on the pair of best friends, Mick tried to ease the hot tension between the two, “I’m fine. Its not that bad. I came because I wanted to watch you.”

“Ooooooo! Oh ho ho!” Noh teased elbowing Ohm playfully, “Your little future bride came just to watch you play. Are you red yet?”

Ohm playfully raised his fist threateningly to Noh, “And like your husband isn’t coming here either. I don’t want to hear it from you.”

Noh shrugged as a pit in his stomach threatened the good vibes of their fun moment, “Phun may or may not show up. He’s really busy studying abroad right now.”

“He’s still going? I thought we were done with all that school business.”

“We are, but he’s not. He comes with family expectations.”

Ohm made a face and teased, “I wonder how your father-in-law feels about a musician as his daughter-in-law.”

Now that earned him a swift kick to the bottom as Ohm tried his best to escape towards the hopefully sheltering eyes of their employers, but the white sand made it difficult to both navigate the heavy equipment and run/chase. Mick smiled at their antics reaching the inside first. The young man at the counter had to be around his seniors’ age. Although he was a bit shorter and skinnier than both of them. He was an odd mix of both pretty and handsome with a dorky, yet dashing demeanor. He smiled at Mick with a shy friendly smile and took his glasses off setting them down in front of him, “Welcome to Great Escape. I’m Book. Who may I ask is checking in?”

“I’m Mick and we’re not guests. I’m with the band. Where would you like us to set up?”

With a relieved laugh, Book nodded, “Oh good, I was wondering about who showed up early. I panicked a bit there. Let me get Frame to help them. It’ll be outside.”

Just as the man was picking up his phone another man came around the corner, “I heard my name. What do you need, babe?”

Mick didn’t miss the scolding look the shorter man gave to the taller one. But from the hungry wolf look on the taller one’s face, Mick didn’t need the pet name to put two and two together that these two were an item. It looked as though he would gobble the desk clerk whole at any moment. Poking his chest, Book chastised, “This is Mick, he’s with the band. Go outside and show them where to set up.”

“I didn’t put this together just to play buddies.”, pouted Frame.

Mick tried to hide the smile as Book patted Frame’s cheek, “Its not pretending to be buddies. Its being a professional. It goes with owning a business. Now go.”

A nervous smile and air kiss by Frame as he shifted his weight around, “Do you have the layout of the stage and places to eat again?”

Book’s eyebrows shot so far up and his mouth dropped so far down they almost flew off his face, “None of that is ready yet?”

“Thats what I was coming to tell you. Those guys are here to set that up, but I didn’t remember where any of that went.”

“Fine, you deal with the desk and I’ll go deal with all of that. Remember be professional. Follow me, Mick, I’ll grab your key and take you to your room after we get those guys on their way to setting up. I know there is two in the band, but are there more?”

Mick followed after him, “Yeah, two rooms would be better if you could spare them. One of the singers has his boyfriend coming-” Mick stopped when Frame at the desk interrupted with a very audible ‘I knew it’ but he quickly continued on ignoring it the way apparently Book was trained to do, “-and they’d probably be more comfortable with Ohm and me in another room.”

“We’d be happy to do that. Both rooms will be covered as part of the performance compensation.”

 

“I’m so booooooooooored.”, complained Frame.

He hadn’t even been alone at the desk that long, but already decided this was definitely more of a job suited to Book. He needed to be the one mingling around the place and schmoozing the clients. He needed to be the one keeping the party going. Planning fun activities. Maybe even manning the beach side bar. But this waiting and bookwork was torture. When someone finally came in it was a duo of men. One was quite cute with full red lips, twinkly eyes, and a sweet face. He made it very easy for Frame to smile at whereas his friend was quite cool and well put together, but had the vibe of a prickly porcupine. Frame knew this particular customer would need to be handled with gloves because he was definitely the type to cause trouble. Offering them his best smile he welcomed them happily, “Hey! Thank you for choosing Great Escape! Who are you guys?”

The cute man smiled back at him warmly, “Checking in for Rome.”

Before Frame could say anything else, the cool porcupine growled rolling his eyes, “If you wanted to go on vacation there was better places to do that.”

Rome inclined his head apologetically, “Yes, yes, I know and I’m sorry, but like I said this is an old classmate of mine’s place. I wanted to check it out and hopefully reconnect with him.”

Frame watched as the angry man huffed and puffed crossing his arms, “Puh. Why do you need to reconnect with anyone when you have me? I’m more than enough for you. We should just leave this lame place.”

Rome redirected his focus on him before Frame could give this person a piece of his mind and asked, “This place is pretty secluded out here, isn’t it? Not many people around.”

Frame winked at him, “Yep, thats the way we like it. Lots of privacy. Hidden spots. Quiet rooms. Great for alone time.”

Rome nodded thoughtfully, “You hear that, Pik? You may be right. We won’t be able to go around other people much. You’ll have to settle for just my company. Alone.”

An eyebrow quirked as Pik warily eyed them over his shoulder, “Okay, okay, we can stay. Might as well we’re already here.”

A huge smile crossed Rome’s face as he quickly finished the check in. When Frame offered him the key, Pik snatched it before Rome could grab it. He then took the man’s hand and practically dragged him off. Frame laughed, “Two sets! Maybe I should keep a bowl of condoms on the front desk? I’ll talk to Book about it later.”

 

Noh wiped the sweat off his brow as his tendrils of hair started to spike at the tips. It was already partially wet from the sweat of hard work. He felt a hand grab the stubby ponytail on the top of his head and tweak it around some. His eyes narrowed to meet his best friend grinning at him, “Do you want to die, Ohm, because this is how you die?”

Ohm gave him a playful shove, “Isn’t it fun how no matter how old we get our friendship still has us acting like a couple of twelve year olds?!”

Noh shook his fist at him, “I’ll give you twelve years worth right here.”

“Ooo testy! Someone needs some attention from his husband. Phun? Phun. Phun! We need you! Eek!” Ohm ducked and dodged as Noh went at it.

“Would you help us out here? Mick and I are actually working and the only thing you got working here is your mouth. Why not work your brain instead and give your mouth a rest?”

Ohm clicked his tongue and shook his head, “You are extra feisty today. If I didn’t know any better I would say you are in a bad mood.”

“I am.” the words were out of Noh’s mouth before he could stop himself, so he settled for offering his surprised friend a nervous smile.

It didn’t take long before Ohm pressed further, “Is it really that off between the two of you?”

Noh shrugged and leaned against an amp, “Kinda. I mean, we’re good, but the whole dating a screen is hard. He’s there but he’s not.”

“Are you worried about him or about yourself?”

Noh just shrugged again and rose from the amp, “We’ve been together long enough I know him better than to worry about petty stuff. It just feels bigger than that. The screen between us is a lot bigger than centimeters. I am going one way and he’s going another.”

“But you two were that way in school and you were still inseparable then.”

“Yes, and even then it felt like at times what we were doing was wrong. Something telling us to just leave it and walk away. I don’t know, Ohm, his life would be a lot better if-OW!” Noh held the back of his head as Ohm’s hand retreated from its smacking.

“That was for Phun. I did that…in…his…place. Noh? Master? Put your belt back on! Ow! Mercy! Ow! Stop! My apologies.”

“If you’re sorry then why are you laughing?! Get back here! Coward!”

Mick shook his head watching the pair of them. Some things never changed. Boys turn into men, but deep down that boy was still in there. Ohm and Noh kept those boys alive for each other. He called out, “If we’re done here why don’t we go freshen up and relax before tonight? It’d be nice to get our stuff in the rooms.”

That made the two stop as they both asked in unison, “Rooms?”

Mick gave a small nod, “Mmm. I changed it to two.”

Ohm wrapped his arm around Mick’s shoulders and whispered, not quite low enough, to him, “Mickey Mouse. Mick? Come on! How do you think Noh is gonna feel all alone in that room?”

Noh started to take his belt off and tapped it on his thigh, “Some best friend. Get over here and let me show just who will be happy to be rid of you.”

“Eee!” Ohm faked fear as he bolted off.

“They are quite lively.” mused Book as he approached Mick.

Thinking of them and now made Mick smiled as he nodded, “Yeah, they’ve been this way since I’ve known them.”

“And how long is that?”

“Since high school. They were my seniors.”

“I see. Well it seems you guys are pretty much done here. Is there anything else you guys need?”

When Mick shook his head Book excused himself and went back to laying out the carpets in the sand and arranging the tables on them. Mick quickly scanned the sand for the bickering pair and called, “Ohm? Noh?” both men immediately came over after one last fist raise from Noh to Ohm.

“Why don’t you two go inside for a quickie to get rid of that negative attitude of yours, Ohm, before you stink up the stage tonight?”

“Haha, funny, I’m not the pissy one, Noh.”

When they finally made it to their rooms, Noh closed the door behind him and tossed the bag by the bed on the floor, then let himself collapse back on it. He had to shake this funk he was in. It was stupid and ridiculous. He was acting like such a girl right now. Shake it off, Noh, freaking shake it off. He stood up and started to pace. Still nothing. He bounced from side to side. Shook his fist in the air. Jumped on the bed. Anything, everything, and eventually nothing just to shake it. By the end, he was back to laying on the bed staring at the ceiling, “Damn it.”

Right now in the next room was his best friend and his boyfriend. Happy. Together. Not a care in the world. It was obvious Mick made it his mission to follow Ohm wherever he went like a handy pet or a convenient assistant. But what about Phun and him? Noh couldn’t just follow him around like that. The very thought of it gave him goosebumps. So did he expect Phun to do it for him? Hell no! The thought of that was worse. He wanted Phun happy and right now Phun was happy. On the other side of that screen was a smiling face excited with his new experiences. Noh thrived on that smile. That lit up face was food for his happiness.But as of right now the taste was starting to change. What had been sweet before now started to have a bitter taste. He rolled over and repeatedly punched the air, rolled back on his back, and kicked his legs.

This was so stupid!

Noh roared loudly, “I am a manly man and I do not get lovesick like some girl in a k-drama.” he sighed and placed his fists over his eyes, “I do miss you though.”

It was showtime in a matter of hours and this was not a time for him to brood. Rising from the bed he decided a shower then a quick nap was the best way to refresh his mood. But upon finding the bathroom was devoid of towels, Noh made his way to the front desk where a man in glasses was locked in focus on the computer while a taller man was hanging on to him from behind with music quietly playing in the background. Occasionally he would even nuzzle his neck and even at one point going as far as biting the other guy’s ear. But still the other remained focused. It was obvious they had a comfortable ebb & flow to their relationship.

Crap.

He was surrounded by happy male-male couples. Noh inwardly groaned as he cleared his throat.

Bam!

The man in glasses elbowed quickly made hard contact with his partner who made a swift retreat clutching his gut, “How can we help you?”

“Yeah. I’m Noh. I’m with the band. I just came for some towels.”

“You don’t have any in your bathroom?” his attention snapped to his partner, “Frame, you told me you checked.”

A big sheepish smile spread across the other man’s face, “I did almost all of them, but then I missed you & got distracted. So I went to find you instead. Sorry, Book. Forgive me?”

Book patted his cheek, “Yes, but go help him take some back to his room please and finish checking the ones you missed.”

“Can do, babe! Try to miss while I’m gone.”

Noh shook his head and chuckled awkwardly, “If you just give me the towels I can take them to my room myself.”

Frame held up his hand, “Can’t have you do that! We have to establish it is our job to help our guests.”

“I’m not really a guest though. I kind of work for you if you think about it. So you can just show me where the towels are and I’ll take them back to my room alone leaving you two to not miss each other too much.”

While Noh’s joke was missed on Frame, Book however did not miss it and embarrassment colored his cheeks, “Frame, just show him where the towels are.”

As they started to leave, a song started to play and the guitar melody caught him and Noh slowed his steps as the words began to sing catching him in the soul. He stood there stupidfied as the song caused his heart to skip a beat. It mesmerized him to the point all he could do was stand there and listen. He even missed as Frame waved his hand in front of his laughing chuckling. He missed Frame teasing, “I think you broke him, Book.”

Book shushed him and whispered, “Just let him enjoy it.”

“Told you that you were cool for listening to 90s English music.”

Noh asked immediately, “What song is this?”

Book smiled and kindly offered, “Its called More Than Words by Extreme.”

Again, Noh pushed even further, “Would you mind if we play this tonight? I’d love to do this one.”

“Sure! I’m sure you could find a translation online if you don’t want to sing it in English.”

Before anything else Noh sprinted off to go find Ohm. They had business to attend to & he’d just shower in their bathroom. Hell! He could practice the vocals in the shower. He’d make Ohm sit on the toilet while he did. As soon as he was at their door he pounded on it, “You two get off each other and open the door.”

He heard a curse and a fumbling around before the door started to open. Sure enough, Ohm answered the door shirtless, face flushed, and looking an odd mixture of embarrassed as well as ually frustrated, “What the Hell do you want?”

Noh pushed him out of the way and began taking his shirt off, which Ohm was very clearly thrown off by, “Noh! What the heck, man?! You cannot join us. Get your shirt back on, dude!”

Noh ignored him and started to play around on Mick’s laptop, without asking, he just pushed on, “Listen to this. Study it while I’m in the shower. I want to perform it tonight.”

“This last minute? Are you crazy?”

“It’ll help me with my funk.”

That was all Ohm needed. He pushed his friend toward the shower and started listening to the song. As he listened he understood why Noh needed to do this song so bad. It was last minute but they could pull it off…he hoped.

 

Back at the desk, Frame laughed, “Did you see how fast he ran out of here? I didn’t know musicians could be so hard up on a song.”

Book shrugged, “I don’t think it was about the song and more about the feeling in the song.”

A sly wolfish smirk crossed Frame’s face as he slunk over to Book, “Look at you, my star, smart and reading a moment so well. So clever and so y.”

Before he could pounce, Book held up his hand freezing him mid-glomp, “Customers are coming to check in. Back back back.”

While he obeyed, Frame still pouted leaning on the desk.

A fabulous lady came in and Frame’s eyes went large at the beauty. She wore a large dramatic wide brimmed beach hat to go with her large dramatic vintage style sunglasses and cherry red lipstick. She sauntered into the foyer of the humble hotel and pulled her glasses just down enough to scan the room, then pushed them right back up as she approached the desk. Her voice was sassy and demanded respect, “Checking in for Yiwha.”

Book didn’t miss Frame sizing her up, he rolled his eyes and kicked the side of his calf. That got his attention. Smiling to himself, Book began to type into the computer to get all her information set as he was doing so she leaned close to them and stressed quietly, “I’m looking for two men that may have checked in here. Reservation could be under Knock or Korn?”

Offering her a polite smile, Book apologized, “I’m sorry, but I can’t give out information of other guests. We have strict privacy rules here.”

She nodded and quickly said pointing a perfectly manicured finger at them, “Good! Don’t let either of them know you saw me either. Someone has to keep an eye on them.” she took her key quickly and once again sauntered away in the direction of her room.

Once she was out of ear shot, Frame whispered, “I think she’s spying on them!”

“Its not our business if she is. Privacy for our clients, remember? Just let them enjoy their vacation without the pressures and fears of the world? Ringing a bell here, Frame? Your goal when you thought this place up. Pleasure instead of pressure.”

“Aw! Boooooook baaaaaaaaby! Don’t be testy with me. I was only admiring her beauty. I wasn’t interested. How could I have eyes on anyone else with my love standing right here.”

“Save it. We have more coming.”

As soon as the doors opened, Book got his revenge and Frame did not miss the almost jaw drop his partner did as two insanely hot men walked in. The one had his arms around the shoulders of the other. There was no missing the lovers vibe beaming off the two of them. Book leaned over to Frame and whispered, “Do you remember asking me about that foursome earlier?”

Frame’s mouth dropped open before it snapped shut and his eyebrows furrowed. He walked towards the men waving his arms at them, “All right, all right, you two out of here. No more room in the inn. Time to leave. Out out out. Sorry we can’t help you.”

Both of them looked confused and Book quickly reassured, “Ignore him, he can be an idiot sometimes. Welcome to Great Escape! Who is checking in?”

The man with his arm around the other spoke first, “The name should be under Korn.”

The other shook his head and interrupted, “No, I made it under mine.”

“Oh, okay. Sorry, check under Knock.”

Frame’s eyebrows shot up and he wiggled his finger at them as realization hit him, “You two are who she was looking for! Book, I told you she was spying on them. You two should watch out, your wife is on to you guys.”

Knock cocked his head to the side confused, “Wife? There’s no wife, he’s my husb-”

Korn elbowed him gently and winked, “Of course, my wife is spying on us. Remember? My wife? My wife known as Mom.”

Enlightment lit up Knock’s face as he nodded along with him, “Ah yes, Mom. I should have known. What are you going to do with her?”

Korn signed the papers, grabbed the key, and said, “She expects trouble thats why she followed us here.”

Smiling proud of himself, Frame said, “See! I told you.”

Book shook his head and gently scolded, “Guest privacy, remember?”

“Yes, but if his wife is trying to catch him in the act, doesn’t he deserve a warning?”

“Its not our business.”

Before the bickering could continue, Korn interjected quickly, “Really its okay.”

The two were off as quickly as they came and Frame immediately pounced on Book hanging all over him again. Trying to shake him off only caused the hold to get tighter till finally a quiet voice said, “Please just a little bit. You made me all said the way you checked those two out.”

“You checked her out too.”

“Not like you checked them out! You even made a foursome joke.”

“Who said I was joking?”

“Book!”

Laughing at the Frame’s pouty tone, Book surprised him with a kiss on the cheek smiling, “Its good to know we can still get jealous and possessive of each other this long later.”

Arms encircled even more as Frame made himself comfortable cozying up to him, “Of course! I love you and I want the world to know you are mine. My special star. Just for me. Making me a better man every day. How could I not want to keep that all to myself?”

 

Night had come and Noh was ready for this. They had practiced and rehearsed till it was as etched into Ohm’s soul as it was Noh now. He wanted his friend to feel this song as deeply as he did. He nudged Ohm’s arm and smirked, “You ready to wow them?”

“Psh, all the time. Lets do this.”

Book stood on the stage in front of their guests and smiled friendly, “Welcome, everyone to the grand opening of our happy little hotel. We are so happy to have you here with us. We have a very special treat ready to perform for you in the evenings. A very talented chef ready to cook a delicious dinner for you, but make sure to save room for dessert as that is his specialty and I know he’s worked very hard planning it. The bar is also open now and you can order your drink with confidence in my handsome fiance behind it. I’ll be around shortly to take everyone’s order. So sit, lounge, whatever, just make yourself comfortable as you enjoy this lovely night under the stars on the beach listening to some good music with good food and even better company.”

He descended the stage passing Noh and Ohm as they approached the microphones. Clearing his throat, Noh introduced, “I’m Noh and this is Ohm. We’re going to be entertaining you this evening.”

“Hopefully!”, interjected Ohm playfully getting a few spattered chuckles.

Noh kicked him which elicited louder laughs, “We got a pretty good lineup for you guys. Some fun, some to set a more relaxed mood, but we’re going to be starting with a new for us this evening. We hope you like it.” The two nodded to each other and started strumming their guitars.

Saying ‘I love you’ is not the words I want to hear from you.

It's not that I want you not to say but if you only knew how easy it would be to show me how you feel.

More than words is all you have to do to make it real. Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me cause I'd already know.

It was going well. They were harmonizing perfectly. There mix of sing together, just Noh, or just Ohm was spot on. They had decided to do verses in Thai and chorus in English. Doing both took it to a whole new level. Noh was really excited about this. All of his funk was being poured into this performance. There was an energy building around them all in this moment creating a miasma all its own. This small time performance excited him for the future. Thats when he saw him.
What would you do if my heart was torn in two?

More than words to show you feel that your love for me is real.

What would you say if I took those words away?

Then you couldn't make things new, just by saying ‘I love you’.

More than words. More than words.

At the back of the tables clear as a bright star in this dark night standing above all the rest sitting in the sand at their low tables was the one inspiring this song. He had that soft smile on his face as they held eye contact. Both of them remembering their own moment on a beach long ago. Sitting, eating, and drinking together while they listened to music. A night escaping away from pressures, away from girlfriends, away from everything that wasn’t the two of them. It was supposed to be their night that night. The one night for just themselves. The one one night before they drew the line between them. Yet here they were.

Now that I've tried to talk to you and make you understand all you have to do is close your eyes and just reach out your hands and touch me.

Hold me close don't ever let me go.

More than words is all I ever needed you to show.

Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me cause I'd already know.
Once again Noh found himself wondering if they needed to draw that line. It all had started as some lie to trick his little sister, but Noh fell hard for Phun. Harder than he believed Phun at times. This was real for him, this was forever, but was it just a fun fling to Phun that he was telling himself was real?
What would you do if my heart was torn in two?

More than words to show you feel that your love for me is real.

What would you say if I took those words away?

Then you couldn't make things new just by saying I love you.
Maybe he could read Noh’s thoughts, because Phun broke eye contact to make his way to the bar before he started watching the performance again. Good. Now Noh could focus again. Now his heart could stop pounding a mile a minute. Now he could immerse himself in wrapping this up.
La di da, da di da, di dai dai da
More than words
Knock leaned into lounging on Korn, who had his arm draped on him. They enjoyed the show and whispered conspiring together, “I think we should punish Yiwha.”

Korn gave a short laugh, “I was thinking the same thing. Like we should fake a fight or something. Really give her a show.”

Winking in response, Knock was quick to jump on that, “Yeah, she wants to watch us lets give her a show. Mom has trouble minding her own business where you are concerned.”

“Where both of us are concerned.”

Giving some side eyes and skepticism, it was obvious they were going to agree to disagree on this matter where Yiwha was concerned. It was obvious Knock had his feelings that Yiwha cared more about Korn, but he was not about to say the times she sided with him were well-deserved. No need to revisit old wounds that had healed. They both had learned the hard way to appreciate each other. They were in a great place now. Thats what this trip was. It was a honeymoon. Giving him a quick kiss, Korn took a sip of his drink with every intention of the two of them getting drunk and maybe recreating their first time if he was lucky.
La di da, da di da, di dai dai da
More than words
Standing off stage and getting the best view of watching his boyfriend in profile made Mick unexplainably happy. They’d been together long enough for him to know how cool Ohm was when he wasn’t trying. That macho man cool goofball was exactly what he wanted. He only wondered were they as they would always be? Would they grow or had they plateaued? There were times Mick worried Ohm still saw him as a boy and coddled him too much. Times where even this many years later, Ohm needed reminding that Mick was a man too. Not some weak damsel that needed to be set on the shelf and kept there for protection. Mick was a man too. He could get drunk. He could get rowdy. He could punch someone. Maybe. Okay, well maybe he wouldn’t but he wanted Ohm to think he could.
La di dai, dai dai, di dai dai da
La la di da da da
The phone kept vibrating in his pocket and again Pik ignored it. He refused to answer. The burning sensation of Rome’s eyes on the offensive object was not missed and to get his boyfriend’s focus off of it, Pik pushed his head, “Are you trying to answer it with telepathy? Stop staring. Damn it. Its annoying.”

Rome held his hand and offered a comforting smile, “Is it your dad again? Just answer it you’ll feel better getting it off your chest.”

“Pfffft. Thats stupid. Who’d feel better listening to his nagging?”

This whole situation was beginning to aggravate and worry Pik. He knew he was being a grumpy bully and he also knew he was taking advantage of Rome’s patience with him, because he knew how he was. But Pik was not about to get all mushy and emotional about this stupid crap.

He kept his eyes on the stage and said as quiet, nonchalant, and indifferently cool as he could, “I love you.”

Rome’s eyes were big, “You said-”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know what I said. Don’t get all girly on me.” aggressively he grabbed him around the shoulders and pulled him close, “Just shut up and enjoy the show.”
La di dai dai da
La la da da
More than words
Book handed the last drink orders to Frame as he said, “Its going well! I think everyone is really enjoying the show.”

Frame started preparing some of the beers and mixing some drinks, “Don’t sound so surprised. I told you we are unstoppable. When do the guys show up?”

“Next weekend. They said they wanted to give us some more time after opening to prepare before they came. I’m glad they did, because we ended up needing an extra room for the musicians in case his boyfriend showed up.”

“Its appreciated, because he did.” piped a voice from the other end of the bar. When both Book and Frame looked over at them. He approached, “I’m Phun. That one up there is my boyfriend.”
Oooh uuuuh uuuh
More than words

The song ended and Noh gestured to Mick to keep Phun company at the bar. As soon as he quickly scampered off, Noh and Ohm let it rip on changing songs into a more fun and upbeat one. With the appearance of Phun and their real gig, Noh had the sinking feeling they were in for an eventful weekend for sure.

To Be Continued…