Comfort Me Like You Always Do (With Mint Choco and Maybe Cuddles)

I Love It When You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaewon had a bad day at work, and Minjoo knows just the right thing to do that would cheer her up.

 

Minjoo's phone brightened up with some slight vibrations when she was typing away on her laptop, a pair of glasses that was sliding down a little on her nosebridge. She pushed it back to its original place before picking up the phone call, with the name "Eunbi unnie".

"Hello?" Minjoo lowered her voice when she picked up the phone call, carefully standing up from her seat and leaving the quiet office with some occassional noises of keyboard typing, printer printing and whispers between the colleagues with hurried steps.

"Minjoo-yah? Are you free to talk right now?" Eunbi's voice came from Minjoo's phone, and Minjoo halted her steps outside the office, just by the door.

"Yeah, I am. What happened, unnie?" Minjoo asked, her brows furrowing as Eunbi had never called her during work time – well, she did, but that was because of Chaewon...Chaewon?

Minjoo heard Eunbi shifted a little, possibly shifting her weight to the other feet as the older pondered. "Chaewon accidentally let our deal slipped away to our competing company, and she's really upset about it right now. Would you be able to pick her up after work instead of her going to pick you up later? I hope this will be able to cheer her up, even a little."

"I see. I'll do what I can, thanks for letting me know, unnie," Minjoo replied with gratitude, albeit a little worried about the older Kim. 

"Thank you, Minjoo. I have to leave for a meeting now, so I'll see you on the weekend, maybe?" Eunbi asked, a relieved sigh leaving her as she spoke. "You really are the only one I can think of when it comes to cheering Chaewon up."

Minjoo chuckled a little upon hearing Eunbi's words. "Nah unnie, you forgot about Yena unnie."

"Yeah, but Yena's antics doesn't always work with Chaewon. You're the only one who's always able to cheer her up," Eunbi laughed as Minjoo blushed a little, although Eunbi couldn't see it, "But yeah, I'll thank you in advance! Cheer Chaewon up!"

They exchanged goodbyes before the phone call was cut short due to Eunbi's meeting, and Minjoo thought of what she could do for Chaewon to cheer the older up when she was doing her work on her laptop.

Well, mint chocolate ice cream always does its magic, doesn't it?

 

"Oh, you wanna leave early today?" Chaeyeon smiled with a hint of mischieve as she raised one of her brows playfully. "Going on a date with Chaewon tonight, I see?"

"No, no!" Minjoo waved both her hands around, head shaking furiously as she blushed. "Well, it's got something to do with Chaewon, but no, we're not going on a date...I think."

"You think," Chaeyeon repeated, still smiling mischievously.

"Okay, unnie," Minjoo gave up, sighing a little as she sat down in front of Chaeyeon's desk, opting to explain. "Chaewon accidentally let a deal slipped for her company, she's really upset and Eunbi unnie asked if I could get off work earlier than usual today to pick Chaewon up which would hopefully cheer her up a little."

"I get it," Chaeyeon nodded, "I can let you get off work for an hour earlier today, so do your thing, Minjoo-yah."

Minjoo didn't know why, but she was a little embarrassed when Chaeyeon pat her on her shoulder with another mischievous smile on her lips.

 

Hiinako's Ice Cream Shop.

Minjoo heaved a relieved sigh as she found the familiar ice cream place that she and Chaewon goes to when they get off work early. They have the best ice cream flavours in town, and although hidden in a small alleyway, they very often have new customers going in to check them out as they pass through the alleyway.

Coming to the thought of it, the alleyway was not dark and wet like the usual ones, but a rather small, clean and bright one, with a few other small cafés aside from the ice cream shop.

"Nako-chan! Hii-chan!" 

As Minjoo pushed the glass door open with the warmth from the heater passing through her slightly shivering body because of winter, she called out to the two owners of the ice cream place.

"Minjoo!" Nako squealed a little as she greeted the Kim with a bright smile, while Hitomi looked away from the customer she was serving at the cashier counter. 

"Where's Chaewon unnie? And you're earlier than usual," Hitomi asked as she politely sent the customer to a window seat, before talking to Minjoo.

"Well, I have a quest on me," Minjoo puffed her chest up, trying to look funny without really attempting to. "I'm here to buy her favourite mint choco ice cream."

Hitomi and Nako exchanged a glance before they both said the same thing, "Is it your anniversary with her today?"

All of a sudden, the two other customers in the shop spared Minjoo a glance, which made her flustered, but not forgetting to playfully hit both Nako and Hitomi's shoulder, "Oh my god, no! It's just that I need to cheer her up because she's upset with a mistake she'd done at work."

"Ah~" Nako gave

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter