Mess Up Our Breakfast

I Love It When You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjoo messes up in cooking for their breakfast (again), and Chaewon is there to comfort her.

 

______

 

"I love it when you mess up our breakfast."

As though in shock, Minjoo turned around in one swift second, her right hand still holding the silicon spatula, and her left with the frying pan, an almost-burnt omelette sizzling on the pan.

Minjoo's brows frowned in confusion, her eyes filled with imaginary question marks, but she looked cute to Chaewon though.

"Huh?" Minjoo voiced out her confusion, half of her mind not caring about the sizzling omelette that already smelled burnt, thinking that she misheard what the older Kim said, "What did you say?"

Chaewon chuckled, yet shook her head gently, "No, it's nothing."

"Ah, unnie~" Minjoo whined.

 

______

 

Chaewon's morning started with a soft, gentle kiss on her forehead just as she stirred a little, and when she opened her eyes (accompanied with her annoyed baby noise), Minjoo smiling fondly at her, her cute dimples showing right on the part of her cheeks below her eyes was the view that greeted her.

"Good morning, Chaewon unnie."

"Mmm...Good morning, Minjoo-yah," Chaewon smiled a little as she closed her eyes, arms circling around Minjoo's neck to bring her down into an embrace, "Let's stay in bed for a little longer."

Minjoo struggled to get up from Chaewon's hug (although she had to admit, cuddling in bed with Chaewon in the morning is always a yes), but her efforts were in vain because Chaewon was determined that both of them should stay in bed for the weekend mornings.

"Wait, Chaewon-ah let me get up...I'm gonna cook breakfast for both of us today!"

Chaewon raised one of her brows, her arms loosening and Minjoo breaking free from her embrace. "Look, I know I mess up in cooking most of the times, but I have a feeling that I'll cook well today!"

Chaewon couldn't contain a laugh as it escaped from her lips, "Alright, alright, I'm not saying you can't, it's just that it's been some time since you volunteered to cook."

"Eunbi unnie taught me how to cook omelette a few days ago and I think I'll do well, it's easy!" the younger Kim looked confident as she pumped her fist into the air, a determined look in her eyes. "And I'll make sure that we'll get a good breakfast today! With your favourite brewed coffee!"

"Okay then Chef Kim, go have a wash up first so you can start your great cooking," Chaewon gave Minjoo a gentle push, smiling fondly at her girlfriend as Minjoo got off the bed and walked towards the bathroom with little skips, humming a melody to herself.

 

______

 

The first thing Chaewon heard when she walked out from the bathroom with a hand towel in her hands, was Minjoo yelping in the kitchen. When Chaewon understood what happened, it was Minjoo accidentally cracked some small pieces of eggshells into the egg she just cracked in a bowl, eyes quivering a little as she turned to look at Chaewon, looking like a lost puppy.

Chaewon gently ruffled Minjoo's dark brown hair as she comforted the slightly younger girl, "It's fine, I do that sometimes as well, just try to get those pieces out using a spoon."

With various attempts on getting the pieces of eggshells out from the bowl of cracked eggs, Minjoo was finally able to beat the eggs and start cooking.

As per Minjoo requested, Chaewon st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter