Two

Surprise for Mommy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

hi, i'm back folks. i'm so sorry for abandoning this fic. never ending assignment just eating me slowly.

but hey, finally we reach the last chapter. i hope i can made it fot you by posting this not so long chapter hehe

i hope you enjoy this last chapter.

happy reading!

“you sure it’s a good idea?” Seungwan ask her friend again.

Seulgi stop chopping the onion and look at her friend.

“why not? I mean Joohyun deserved it. It just a sujebi Wan”

“Exactly! I’m afraid that you’ll get Joohyun poisoned”

“YAH!”

Seulgi asked her bestfriend Seungwan who happen own Korean cuisine restaurant to guide her in cooking. It’s like a mini cooking class for Seulgi actually.

Wan-ah, you need to be there to save my cooking from disaster and prevent me to burn down my kitchen. Please! Pretty please!

After countless and exaggerating begging from Seulgi, finally Seungwan relented.

Joohyun like Tteokbokki, and Sujebi are their favorite menu. They often have it like once a week. So Seulgi thought it would be nice if she made Joohyun her favorite food.

But here’s the problem. Seulgi is really bad at cooking. She often mess up, so Joohyun kinda banned her from cooking. She’s afraid that Seulgi will burn their kitchen someday. Seulgi once have cooked Sujebi before, and guess what?

The taste is awful. Even Joohyun can’t save it. In the end they decided to not eat it. And Seulgi swore by herself she would never make Sujebi again.

But here she is trying again to make it. For Joohyun, she will try everything just to please her woman.

“Okay. Now you have to make the dough”, Seungwan said

 

After nearly 2 hours, they done cooking. Sujebi, Tteokbokki, and Kimchi fried rice and butter fried rice for their little pumpkin who couldn’t eat spicy food yet, was served to dining table. A weird combination, isn’t it? Yep but it’s all Joohyun’s favorite and Seulgi couldn’t careless

Seungwan bid them good bye and hope that Joohyun would not get upset stomach after taste Seulgi’s food. Seulgi thanking Seungwan again for her help, and promise to treat her in another day to show her gratitude.

 

 

It’s 15 minutes before 5 pm. Seulgi still have 2 hours before Joohyun coming home. Usually Joohyun would be home by 5, but today Joohyun said she would be late to finish all her workload before submit it to accreditation team.

Seulgi approached her daughter who still busy scratching on her drawing book. Seulgi take a look at Kihyun’s masterpiece, a smile started creeping from her face. She caress her daughter hair lovingly.

“Momma” Kihyun turned toward her

“Yes kiddo?”

Kihyun showed her drawing. “is Kihyun’s drawing good?”

“Yep, it is really good Sweetheart.  I think my artsy runs in your blood” said Seulgi grinning.

Kihyun just chuckled “Its for Mommy”

“I see. How about we wrapped it with little ribbon so it would be more pretty?”

“Call”

After helping her daughter with her gift, they started to decorate their living room to light up the surprise. A great work was showed by the duo. In no time, they both finish. Seulgi then helped her daughter shower.

By the time Seulgi finish with Kihyun, it’s was 6 o’clock. One hour before Joohyun home.

Whoops gotta be hurry, Seulgi thought

She tidied up the colored pencils that Kihyun used earlier and put them in their place, throwing away any unnecessary decorating leftover. She grabed the vacuum cleaner and start cleaning their living room, wipe the table and furniture, even watering Joohyun’s plants by the window.

After done with the chorus, Seulgi contemplating whether she should shower or heat her food. she just have 15 minutes remaining before Joohyun come home. She chose the latter.

She walked toward their kitchen and started to wear the apron when she heard their apartment door lock being punched.

OH !

“Kihyun-ah, Hide!” exclaimed Seulgi.

Kihyun being the smart kid she is, already grab the situation. She hide behind the couch.

With lightning speed, Seulgi turn off all the light and join the pumpkin to hide. Seulgi take a deep breath calming her heart.

 

---

Around 7 pm (12 minutes before 7 to be exact)  Joohyun arrived at their apartment. When she opened the door, the light of living room is off. Weird, she thinks. Did Seulgi and Kihyun was not home? She tried to calling them, but there was no response.

Confused about this situation, Joohyun just switch the lamp on to help her vision.

“SURPRISE!!!”

Joohyun got startled. Her heart fell like want to drop in any second.

A surprise indeed

“Welcome home, Mommy!” said Kihyun energetically.

“Welcome home, Hyun!” seulgi followed, grinning ear to ear.

Joohyun still standing there, her hand covering , eyes wide open.  Still not recovering from the event. That’s made Seulgi chuckle.

“hey. Are you gonna stand there forever or come with us?”

“Whoaaa” that’s all which managed to come out from Joohyun.

Seulgi gave Joohyun flower. Her favorite flower. Bunch of baby breath flower. “Welcome home, honey. You’ve worked so hard”

 A wide smile started to creep on Joohyun. “Thank you”.

“Did Mommy like it?” asked Kihyun.

“Yes, sweetheart. Mommy really like it. Thank you, both of you” Joohyun said with smile on her face. A little tears threatened to escape from her eyes. Gone her tiredness, her mood was surely better. She was really thankful to the most important people in her life, Seulgi and of course their little miniature, Kihyun.

“Now, now. don’t cry Hyun” Seulgi wiped her tears with her thumb. She dragged Joohyun toward the couch.

Now they seat on the couch, with Kihyun on Seulgi’s lap.

A cake was already on the table. Seulgi light up the candle.

“I know, today its not your birthday nor our anniversary. But I think, today you deserves some sugar treat, so here it is your favorite, a red velvet cake”

Joohyun couldn’t stop smiling. She think her cheek would be sore tomorrow.

“please make a wish Mommy!” said Kihyun with her adorable grin

Joohyun closed her eyes, clasped both her hand in front of her chest.

Thanks God, for giving me these two adorable creature as my backbone. I wish we could stay like this forever and always be happy. Please grant my wish

Joohyun opened her eyes and then blow the candle.

“Yeay!” exclaimed Seulgi and Kihyun almost at the same time. They were clapping happily like a seal.

Joohyun chuckled seeing Seulgi and Kihyun. Kihyun does have her physically trait.  Her doe eyes, straight raven hair, white like porcelain skin, and her thin lips. The only Seulgi’s feature on Kihyun just her cute nose and her love shaped nostril.

But how Kihyun behave surely screamed like Seulgi.  Her laugh, her chuckle, her chivalrious, her hobby, even when she is throwing tantrum is like Seulgi’s. not to mention that Kihyun also love Pringles, just like her Momma.

 

A light tap on her thigh bringing her back to reality.

“Earth to Mommy” Kihyun said with her cheeky grin.

“what were you thinking, Hyun?” Seulgi asked her curiously. Slightly worried.

She must be zoning out too long.

She shook her head, and start to smile again “Nothing, just thinking how Kihyun is so much like you”

Seulgi laughed “of course, Kihyun is my daughter you know?”

“tch. O U R  daughter to be exact” Joohyun corrected.

“Alright, can’t deny that” Seulgi raised both her hand, gladly surrender. Three of them chuckling

 

“Mommy”, Kihyun called her again.

“Yes sweetheart?”

“Kihyun has a gift for Mommy”

“oh, what is it?”

“wait here!”

With her little feet, she ran toward her room. and not long after coming back with a paper curled with pink ribbon

“here”

Joohyun untie the ribbon and slowly unfold the paper. A drawing greet her eyes.

A family portrait drawing to be exact.

From the left, an adult woman with cat eyes. It must be Seulgi, then another woman with black long hair and big eyes, it must be Joohyun. and another copy of Joohyun with smaller size, it was Kihyun.  But whast with two abstract creature after Kihyun? Joohyun couldn’t figure it out.

“did Mommy like it?” Kihyun asked with a hopeful eyes

Joohyun smile and caress her daughter hair. “Very. Thank you Sweetheart. Kihyun is really good at drawing” she kiss her daughter head.

Of course there’s a little white lie in there, because you know how is 6 years old drawing would be. Colo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter