One

Surprise for Mommy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That morning went like every other morning in Kang’s apartment. Started from Joohyun wake up, and then wake her wife up, and start to cook for their breakfast while Seulgi go to another bedroom to wake their daughter up for school. While Joohyun do the cooking, Seulgi would help their 6 years old daughter shower. That’s how their routine goes. Nothing special, just like any other family.

Joohyun and Seulgi has been married for nearly 8 years now, and their daughter has just entered elementary school one month ago. Both are working mom, but nevertheless they always find the time for the family.

Joohyun nearly done with the cooking when their little one came to her.

“Good morning, Mommy” said Kihyun. The name of their little pumpkin.

Upon hearing her daughter’s voice, Joohyun turn off the stove and stop whatever thing she do for a while to greet her daughter back.

“Hey, Morning too sweetheart”, She lift her daughter up and give their little one a hug and kiss on the cheek.

“Did Kihyun have a good sleep?”

“Eung”, Kihyun just nodded her head cutely

“What dream Kihyun had?”

“Hmm, dunno Mommy”, Kihyun shake her head this time. “cute”, Joohyun thought.

“Kihyun remember it when Kihyun take a bath while ago, but now not remember” she said poutly. That’s make Joohyun giggle a little to her daughter.

“Aww that’s okay sweety, it’s pretty normal. We tend to slowly forget our dream after 10 ten minutes since we woke up”

“Really?”

“Yups”

“Okay”

“Breakfast are almost ready. And Mommy has prepared a lunchbox for Kihyun, eat and share it with Kihyun’s friend later, okay?”

“Okay Mommy”

“Good”, Joohyun kiss her daughter again in the cheek. “Mommy need to finish the cooking. How about Kihyun watch some cartoon while wait for the breakfast and Momma?

Kihyun nodded her head excitedly this time. Kid and cartoon is one package. That’s for sure.

“Chalkzone Mommy, Chalkzone!”

“Alright, chalkzone it is”

 

Joohyun resumed her cooking again. Bogumbap, omelet, and stewed fish is today’s breakfast menu. She served all of that on the dining table. She was cutting the apple and kiwi when Seulgi join her in the kitchen.

A kiss landed on her right cheek, that’s make her smile for instance.

“Fruit for Kihyun’s lunchbox?” Seulgi asked

“Yes, and some for our breakfast too” she said. Still cutting the fruit.

“How about my lunchbox?”

“Grilled meat just like what you like, and some vegies”

“Uh, vegies again? But Kihyun doesn’t have it for lunch, so do I”

Joohyun stop what she is doing, and turn to her wife. She put both of her hand on Seulgi’s shoulder. Tidying Seulgi’s business attire that she personally ironed for her. She smile sweetly, and peck Seulgi’s lip. Seulgi just gulped, after she saw Joohyun’s eyes. This is Joohyun’s subtle way to telling her ‘shut up and do what I said’

“Who say that I didn’t put vegetables in Kihyun’s lunchbox? I did put it some, but not as many as you”

Oh no, Seulgi won’t back down this time.  She already ate vegetables in 3 days straight. Eating vegies more often are one of Joohyun’s resolution of this year. And she have been budging Seulgi to eat it too, even personally pack Seulgi’s lunchbox everyday so just Seulgi do it. The reason why Joohyun start this whole eating vegies saga as resolution is Seulgi often got constipation. So yeah basically Joohyun just do favor for Seulgi’s own good.

“Why I have more vegies than Kihyun’s? I don’t like it too tho”, Seulgi pout. Okay that’s cute but Joohyun has seen this for many years, so she immune to this her wife’s behavior.

“Seul” Joohyun said, this time with little glare in her eyes and furrowed brow

Seulgi just sighed “Alright, I’ll eat it Hyun. Don’t worry”

“but give me kiss first. And I will gladly eat it for the rest of the week”

And Joohyun gladly granted her wife wish. A kiss is easy.

Joohyun give Seulgi a kiss on the lips. It was start from a peck, then another peck, and then not long after the tongue was involved. Seulgi’s hand started to wander to Joohyun’s waist and lowered little by little and landed on her . Joohyun broke the kiss abruptly.

“Okay, we don’t have time for this. The food will be cold” she landed another peck on Seulgi’s lips. “Call Kihyun to dining room to have breakfast, Seul”

“Alright”

After they done with their breakfast. Seulgi and Kihyun went off to their respective place. With Seulgi dropping Kihyun to her school first before off to her law firm. Joohyun still have a time for herself before she go to university to teach.  Her morning class start at 09.30 am, Joohyun still have one and half hour to go. So she did the chorus before take a bath and prepare to go to work.  After done with everything, Joohyun leave the house.

 

 

 

It’s been 5 days since Joohyun bring her work home. She still managed to cook for their dinner and even accompany Kihyun playing and help her studying. She and her wife take a turn or just do it together. After Kihyun fell asleep, that’s the time for Joohyun to go back at her work. She would take out her laptop and bring it to dining room. Seulgi often accompany her. Either she was read some news or finish her work too, or just be there sitting and make a small conversation so just Joohyun wouldn’t be too bored or stress.

Joohyun always ask Seulgi to go bed first and not waiting for her. Seulgi sometimes refuse it and say that it’s okay, she want to accompany Joohyun. Beside she doesn’t feel sleepy, yet.  But after yawn and yawn, Seulgi finally relented and go to bed first after she made Joohyun promise to sleep after she done with her work.

Today was no exception.  Seulgi have meeting with client tomorrow morning, so she ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter