Unpacking~

Holiday!

A/N: Be prepared for some fluff ya'll~

___________________________________________________

 

 

After they entered the maze of lights and colors, Akko said, "The Ley Line still amazes me."

Diana glanced at her and a small smile formed on her face. "Yes, it has always been a quick way for witches near stored magical energy, like the Sorcerer's Stone, to arrive at their destination."

"I thought we left the academy already." Amanda said nonchalantly, earning a deadpanned glare from Akko.

"Ah, we've arrived." Diana said, who apparently didn't hear Amanda, or just chose to ignore her.

Akko looked forward and the Ley Line disappeared to reveal their landing point on Furou Island. She then realized she'd have to land. "Umm, I don't quite have the uh, landing thing down yet.."

Diana smiled understandably. "You've practiced time and time again. Just...don't lose focus, and—"

"Don't crash like last time," Amanda interrupted.

"...Yes, that." Diana said. 

As the landing point approached them, Akko reared her broom, and stopped just before crashing into bright green grass. She breathed, not realizing she was even holding her breath.

"Nice job, Atsuko." Diana praised, hopping gracefully off of her broom.

"Thanks! It was easy, really." Akko beamed, acting like she wasn't nervous just a few seconds earlier. The witch realized she felt a little giddy (which she always does..) when Diana said her first name; a name only she seems to use.

"I see tiny house!" Jasminka exclaimed, munching on potato chips (where they came from, I don't know) while pointing to a house in the distance.

"Yeah, that's where we're staying. It actually belongs to my parents as a little summer home. They're letting us use it while their on their own vacation."

"You're parents must really trust you," Lotte said.

"Yeah, I suppose they do," Akko said, raising her chin up boastfully.

"That's quite surprising.." Diana said. 

"Yeah, I can't believe they let this crackhead witch use their precious summer home..." Sucy said, shaking her head and closing her eyes like a disappointed mother. Contanze, who can't speak, grunted in agreement, but Akko's chin only raised higher.

"Whatever, at least this crackhead witch isn't obsessed with..mushrooms...and stuff....um, anyway, let's go already." She marched off towards the house, not even bothering to wait for anyone. The others rolled their eyes in unison (except for Diana, in case you were wondering) and followed her.

___________________________

 

Akko showed everyone around the tiny house, and introduced them to the nature fairies —who take good care of it when it's not in use— before they left the house to them. After that, everyone chose a room and unpacked their belongings. There were three rooms. The first  was a guest room had three beds and a globe theme to it. Amanda, Jasminka, and Constanze claimed it immediately. The second room had a witchy theme to it, with old incantations and skulls hanging on the walls. Naturally, Sucy and Lotte exchanged no words as they walked inside. That left Akko and Diana to room three. With the mint-blonde girl behind her, Akko opened the door to reveal her room, which consisted of Shiny Chariot posters and even some special magical items. "This is the room I stay in on vacation, actually," Akko said. 

"Yes, it's very obvious." Diana said quietly, and looked at the single, sparkly purple bed in the middle.

Akko said, "Oh yeah...I forgot to mention room three has one bed. There is an extra room four for more guests, but it's super boring. I figured we'd be more comfortable here. If you don't like it—"

"No, it's fine. I don't think Lotte and Sucy would want to sleep under Shiny Chariot posters, let alone together." Sleep together. Her face reddened when she realized what had escaped her lips.

"Um, not that we would rather—well—.....never mind." She sat down on the bouncy childish bed in embarrassment. Akko sat down next to her, unfazed but a little amused and found her embarrassed attitude to be cute; but she'd never say that out loud.

"Cute.." She thou—...no, whispered out loud to herself, hoping that Diana didn't hear her. Diana sat facing her shoes, apparently unaware of what she whispered. There was a painfully awkward silence.

Akko tried to break the silence, but only was able to mumble something in Japanese. She lost her train of thought, completely forgetting what the heck she was going to say when Diana gave her her full attention, her baby blue eyes accidentally resting on two very close chocolate ones. Suddenly a feeling like tension blew through the room and seemed to dim the already faint sunlight.

Diana blushed and looked the other way, and their lips lightly brushed against each other. She jumped a little at the contact, trying to hide her uncommonly flustered face. Akko blinked Rapidly, silent for once. "We should unpack," Diana said, getting up and having returned to her usually calm self. But when she turned around, she placed her hand on her heart and breathed heavily, and tried to not think about the previous situation. Akko simply turned the other way and started to unpack as well, also trying to hide her feelings being all over her face. 

Diana heard an angry grunt from behind her and hesitantly turned around to see the brunette struggling with her suitcase. "I can't...get it...OPEN!" Akko exclaimed, her face now red from pure frustration. Diana hid yet another smile behind her hand and reluctantly bent down next to her, making Akko jump.

"Sorry. Here, let me help." She tugged at the zipper, but to no avail. She tried two more times before Akko decided to that they should pull together. Her hand stopped for a split second before wrapping around Diana's when she had the strangest thought of them holding hands. She mentally shook it off and they pulled on the suitcase. It flung open and clothes flew everywhere, sending the two witches backwards. After a stunned and somewhat victorious (I loved that show ㅠㅠ) silence, they started to giggle, which erupted into a emotionally exhausted/being-tickled-to-death laughter. The pair heard footsteps coming towards their door and all the other witches appeared at the entrance to where an apparent tornado came through.

"Are you guys ok? We heard a loud bang." Lotte said, looking astounded.

"Y-yes, we're *haha* fine!" Akko laugh-said as Diana covered , trying to contain the childish noise that was threatening to be exposed.

"It sounds you guys are having fun in here," Sucy said cheekily.

"We might need a little help," Diana said shyly.

After the room was cleaned up, the sunlight began to dim as the sun slowly hid behind the mountains.

"That, like, took forever." Amanda grunted.

"You're tellin' me." Akko said, tired.

"Hungry." Jasminka said, which was the only word that came from that they're used to hearing. Everyone's stomach rumbled on cue.

Lotte perked up. "Hey, wanna go to the boardwalk?"