The Invitation

Holiday!

A/N: I hope this reminds you of summer vacation o (>‿<✿)

____________________________________________________________

 

 

A few days before holiday begins at Luna Nova, Aksuko Kagari can barely contain her excitement. She's lost much of her focus during classes, due to plotting a non-awkward-or-cringy-way on how to simply ask Diana Cavendish something extremely exciting and important to her. 

Yesterday, she had begged Amanda O'Neill for help during lunch. The red-headed witch told her to just play it cool, and to not be overly-excited. As you may have guessed, that plan failed the next day.

When the first class is over and the witches begin to exit, Akko (quite dramatically..) scans the room for Diana's blonde hair. She finds her and instantly bolts towards the poor girl before she reaches the door to leave, earning a few amused stares.

Diana, startled, asks, "A-Akko! It is considered very impolite to—"

"I have something super duper important to ask you!" Akko's eyes seem to have stars in them again, Diana thought.

"...Well, what is it?"

"Um...you see, I was wondering if..." Akko racked her brain, trying to remember what Amanda had told her, completely forgetting.

"Go on, then," Diana gave a subtle nod, and sensed the brunette's obvious anxiety.

"I...Ihumlbyinviteyoutostaywithmeand—...I humbly invite you..to stay with me..and our friends...at Furou Island for a week and we would beverygratefulifyoucouldcome!" Akko breathed heavily, mentally facepalming herself and trying to avoid eye contact.

Diana took a moment, and rested her forefinger on her raised chin, trying to process what the little mouse just said. A few seconds later she looks back at the nervous girl in front of her.

"..I was planning to stay with Hannah and Barbara since they begged me to," she said cooly. "But...yes, I believe I can accompany you to Fur-..Furou Island." Diana was taken aback a bit at the amount of pure happiness radiating from Akko.

Akko's huge smile were joined by those pair of sparkling eyes. She jumps up and down excessively, and then checks to see if anyone's watching the little show, blushing out of embarrassment. She turns back to Diana's amused face and quickly hugs her tightly before taking off. Diana stood frozen, and her cheeks turned to the color of a pastel pink. She tried to compose herself before walking briskly on to the next class with her usual, mature demeanor.

It was then that Akko remembered what Amanda had told her.

 

At night, Akko opened her dorm room door and shut it silently. She ran over to sit down on her bed and joined Lotte and Sucy's conversation. "It looks like things went well," Sucy said, switching topics from the loud grasshopper outside to her extroverted friend who had a seemingly never-ending smile.

"Extremely well, I think," Akko said, laying down.

"To be honest, I never thought Diana would actually say no Akko," Lotte said, yawning quietly.

Akko lifted her head up and looked at her with happy eyes. "You're right. I really had nothing to worry about. I mean, I think Diana and I have become really good friends."

"Maybe a bit more than that.." Sucy whispered.

"Huh?" Akko cocked her head to the side.

Lotte discreetly gave Sucy a look and said, "She said that you're totally right."

"Yeah, we'll all have an AMAAAAAAZING time!!" She raised her arms up in the air.

Lotte giggled at her friend. "Even before the two of them stopped the missed, I believe there was a connection growing." She stated. Akko blushed, setting her arms on her lap.

Sucy smiled. "Exactly. But I think it all started at Andrew's party..."

Akko's embarrassed blush intensified to a rose red and glared at Sucy along with Lotte. "No it did not! That was YOUR fault by the way. And the magic has already worn out by now. That bee is long gone." She folded her arms, failing at looking serious and ended up looking cutely upset.

Sucy's smile just widened. "Come on, Akko. We all know you like—"

"Sucy, Akko, it's clear we're all very tired," Lotte interrupts. "And I think it's best for us to go to sleep before we get in trouble."

Akko and Sucy sighed and pulled up their covers.

_______________________________________________________

Akko, Sucy, Lotte, Amanda, Jasminka, and Constanze stood at the Ley Line Terminal and waited for Diana. "Ah, we're gonna have so much fun! I can't wait!" Said an enthusiastic Akko. 

"I can't wait to just relax on the beach," Lotte sighed.

'I heard that there's a rare type of mushroom that grows on the island," Sucy murmured, creepily  rubbing her hands together.

"heard that- oh, here she comes." Amanda said, pointing the edge of her broom at Diana.

Diana smiled shyly. "Hello everyone. I hope I'm not late,"

Akko returned the smile. "Nah, you're right on time! Let's get out of here!"

And with that, everyone set their suitcases on their brooms and said, "Tia frele!" The brooms levitated off the stone floor and sent them—yes, Akko can fly— higher and higher as sparkling turquoise and purple magic enveloped their bodies. And off they went.