two.

parallel lines.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

despite it being a work trip, she was actually excited. paris fashion week, in early october, always was one of the highlights of her year without fail. it would be her first time officially attending as a revel correspondent, and she was grateful that irene had given her the opportunity this year.

 

seulgi had spent exactly one semester in college studying abroad in paris and had immediately fallen in love with the city. (she’d even seriously considered trying to find work there after graduation, but her French wasn’t advanced enough.) she had been taking a design elective there, and her first time at paris fashion week was nothing short of life changing. glimpsing the beautiful designs as the models stalked down the runway had literally made her heart beat faster, hammering in her chest. two weeks later, seulgi had changed her major from literature to fashion communications, and the rest was history.

 

five days into the week, though, and her feet were killing her from wearing heels constantly. seulgi sighed as she took a seat at the rooftop bar of her hotel, scrolling through the pictures she’d taken with her phone from that day’s runway shows on her laptop, and marking which ones she thought would be good for the online article. the sun had set long ago, and the view of the twinkling lights of the city allowed seulgi a moment to breathe. she’d have to thank irene again for putting her up in such nice accommodations.

 

“seulgi!” she looked over her shoulder at the sound of her name in korean, a smile breaking out on her face when seeing the speaker.

 

“jisoo! oh my god, it’s been so long!”

 

jisoo was an old friend from college, who had been a fellow fashion communications major. her signature long black hair was the same as ever. after college, jisoo had been a correspondent at blink, a fashion blog, for years, allowing her and seulgi to run into each other often at industry events. just last year, she was headhunted as a marketing executive for dior korea, meaning that they now rarely got the chance to catch up.

 

“I can’t talk too long, I’m here for a business debrief and thought I recognized you,” jisoo said as they hugged each other. she tilted her head in the direction where she came from, and seulgi spotted nam joo hyuk, dior korea’s menswear ambassador, sitting across the way. “I feel like I haven’t seen you in ages! come to the college reunion next time!”

 

“I wanted to come! but I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter