one.

parallel lines.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

seulgi and her co-workers were huddled in the conference room over lunch, just like every other monday at revel korea.

 

irene had recruited seulgi to write for her family’s magazine fresh out of journalism school. seulgi absolutely adored her job. revel was known in the industry for its innovation, as a publication that constantly switched up its concepts and layout designs.

 

mondays still , but they would be so much worse if she spent it at a job she despised.

 

“how was your weekend, seul? did ya go see your famous boyfriend?” wendy playfully teased.

 

“nope,” seulgi replied absentmindedly as she continued to type up her notes from the meeting prior. at the silence in the room, she looked up, seeing wendy sending her a questioning look. “we broke up,” seulgi shrugged, her face betraying no emotion.

 

wendy and johnny exchanged loaded glances but said nothing as they continued eating their lunches, a heavy silence settling over the trio. they knew better than to try to needlessly comfort her.

 

and what would they say, really? seulgi and jaebum had only been dating for four months, and it had always been casual between the two of them. she wasn’t even entirely sure why she gave him her number, other than why not? she was flattered, he was attractive, and she’d had some free time in her schedule.

 

(here’s why not: because jaebum was known to the public as defsoul, an up-and-coming solo artist, and seulgi had met him on the job; specifically, to interview him for a revel article. she knew better to let work and play mix, in case things turned ugly. then again, none of her relationships had ever turned ugly, per say – they just fizzled into thin air when their attraction ran its course, and seulgi was fine with that.)

 

“you know,” johnny began suddenly, squinting in deep thought and pointing his chopsticks in seulgi’s direction, “I should

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter