Chapter 2

Ungodly Hour

"Sehun," Yixing whined while spread out across the kitchen table. "I don't know what to do."

 

With his role in The Pirates, Sehun skyrocketed as an A-list actor in South Korea but decided to focus primarily on his career in the fashion industry. Right now, Sehun had become an even more handsome man with his sharp features. The biggest difference was his long hair, Sehun decided sometime during 2020 to let it grow and was now very fond of his brown shoulder-length hair.

 

Sehun rolled his eyes while he was eating his breakfast at 1pm - simple scrambled eggs with a glass of water. "Just go to his place, you already said he was just joking."

 

"But it was obvious that he wasn't! Does he even want me to come over anymore?"

 

"It's Baekhyun. I doubt he is holding a grudge since he invited you to hang out."

 

The members were resting for the remaining week which meant that Yixing did not have to see Baekhyun and face any more awkwardness between them. However tomorrow was Sunday, the day Baekhyun asked Yixing to hang out and watch movies together but Yixing was unsure whether he should still go after that encounter. He wondered if he should take whatever hints he could think of as a message to not visit Baekhyun but what if Baekhyun really was just teasing him and there was nothing wrong?

 

Sehun looked unimpressed throughout this exchange but Yixing was not annoyed since Sehun came very late to the penthouse last night and from the look at this dark circles, it was clear he did not sleep well. "You guys are best friends, I don't get why you're acting like this. It's literally just Baekhyun."

 

"I guess."

 

"Plus this works out with my plans too. I have someone coming over on Sunday and needed you to be out anyway."

 

Yixing cocked his head. "Again? I don't get why you always kick me out whenever your girl comes over, I can just stay in my room-"

 

Sehun shook his head. "No."

 

"Whatever, I bet I'll meet her before I head back to China anyway." Sehun said nothing in response. Since he had arrived in Korea, Yixing had noticed that Sehun tends to stay out several nights and not come back until morning and other times Sehun would ask Yixing to stay somewhere else - he usually stayed with Kyungsoo or Chanyeol - and not come back until the next day. No one among the members were aware of what Sehun did and they all assumed he was dating someone.

 

After a few minutes of the two sitting quietly on their phones, with Yixing scrolling down on Weibo for the latest news until Sehun broke the silence.

 

"Are you feeling about the Baekhyun issue? Because I don't want to see you guys ruin your relationship over some misunderstanding."

 

Yixing's eyes widened. He opened his mouth to speak, to tell Sehun the truth why he was freaking out over Baekhyun but then remembered he couldn't. It were times like this where he had moments of weakness and wanted to spill everything to Sehun, about his worries and fears, his feelings for Baekhyun. But then he would get brought back to reality, a world where it was not guaranteed that your loved ones would accept you and who you love. So Yixing remained quiet, as he had always been because it was not worth risking losing the closest thing he had for a brother. 

 

Instead, Yixing forced a grin and started pinching Sehun's cheeks. "Aww you're so cute sometimes Sehunnie." Immediately Sehun pretended to gag as he hated that nickname since he thought he was too old to still be called that. Yixing smiled gently at his reaction. 

 

"And yeah I know I shouldn't worry like this, it's just..." Yixing sighed. "Never mind."

 

Sehun looked as if he had something to say but stopped. Yixing was curious to what he wanted to say but the conversation was over.

 

"By the way, thanks for letting me stay with you," he smiled. "I hate staying at hotels I practically live in them back in China."

 

Sehun gave a dismissive wave. "You've been thanking me since the day I offered you to live here. Stop thanking me already," he flicked Yixing's forehead.

 

Yixing yelped. " don't do that," he glared playfully. He loved staying with Sehun, the one person he felt the most comfortable with. It was after the plans for the EXO comeback were finalised that Yixing had nervously called Sehun to ask if it was possible he could stay with them during his time in Korea. Sehun of course said yes and had felt a bit insulted at the idea he would reject him. After that, his studio agreed with the arrangements set and Yixing arrived in Seoul a few months ago. He was grateful to sleep in his own room and that the penthouse was surprisingly free from sasaengs. Not to mention Sehun's home studio where Yixing could work on his music.

 

Sehun's phone began ringing and he picked up. "Hey? Yeah just give me 20 minutes and I'll see you."

 

Yixing tuned out and decided to text Baekhyun. He knew he needed to get over it and act as normal.

 

Yixing: Hi! What time should I come over tomorrow?

 

Just as he put his phone down to get ready to work on his music, his phone ringed.

 

Baekhyun: you can come by any time tbh

 

Yixing: Alright can't wait :)

 

Baekhyun: me too :') 

 

Yixing grinned and ignored the stares from Sehun. Who knew texting Baekhyun could make him so happy? Sometimes it was concerning just how much of an effect he had on Yixing.

 

"So it looks like everything is fine with you guys huh?" 

 

Yixing looked up from his phone. "Hmm? Oh y-yeah." He focused back on his phone to avoid eye contact, he couldn't give away any hints of his feelings. "So are you leaving now?"

 

"Yeah but..." Sehun narrowed his eyes and sighed. "Whatever, see ya later Xing." And just like that, Sehun took his dishes to the sink and walked out of the kitchen. Yixing wondered what he wanted to say.

 

-----------------------

 

The clock struck 6pm as Yixing worked on his newest song. It was difficult to write lyrics that matched the feelings of unknown yet warmth he got whenever he listened to it during his insomniac nights. For the first time in his career, Yixing tried creating an alternative song with an atmospheric vibe. Despite how this could be a career-changing song, Yixing was unsure whether he would release it. It felt too personal and something he should keep hidden. At least for now.