Chapter 1

The Death Of Lee Sunmi

“Miss.Sunmi you got the lowest score on the latest quiz. What happened?”

 

“Sunmi you can’t be hanging out with that she only cares about herself.”

 

“I don’t get what her problem with me is, Sunmi. She can be such a .”

 

“Sunmi-
 

“Miss.Sunmi-

 

“SUNMI-

 

I can’t stand any of this anymore. It’s always Sunmi this Sunmi that. It makes me feel like I was only there to tell them that everything in their lives was going to be fine. But ever since my aunt died I haven’t had someone there to reassure me. To tell me I did a good job and to pat me on the back. They all used to be so trust-worthy and reassuring. But now I just feel more and more annoyed. I’m sorry but it’s all too much.

_________________________________________________________________

JENNIE POV

 

“We are gathered here today to cherish the life of Lee Sunmi. She was a good friend, student, and daughter. We feel a great amount of gratitude to this young woman.” I couldn’t sit through this anymore. One of my best friends has died and I have to sit next to this . Sunmi was always there for me. She was like my second-in-command. Almost all of my decisions I ran through her. Watching her lifeless unmoving body in that casket made it seem even more real. My cousin Jisoo was sitting right next to me draping her arm around my shoulder. I kept handing tissues to the next to me. She just looked too vulnerable for my liking. Her usually bubbly and sunshiny personality that I just hated was clouded. She was sobbing, muttering about how she shouldn’t have thrown almost all of her problems onto Sunmi’s back. I might have also done that. But I did as much as I could. I felt like crying but I couldn’t. Like every tear that I’ve ever had was no more. From all the emanisful crying I have cried this last week alone was enough to last me a century.  But as much as I hated the black hair beauty next to me I still felt sorry for her. Sunmi was as much of her friend as she was mine. Jisoo is sitting next to me trying her hardest not to cry. Jisoo is usually not the one to cry. But the death of your childhood friend could do that to you

__________________________________________________________

LATER

Me, Lisa, Jisoo, Rosé, Irene, Seulgi, Wendy, Joy, Yeri, and Taehyung were all sitting at a table during the repast. Jisoo and Irene forced me to sit next to Lisa again. She was still crying and it was just getting annoying. Rosé was sitting next to her hugging her for the past 10 minutes. 

 

“Lisa you know what. Even though someone just died. You find a way to still be the loudest person in the room.” I said rather harshly to the black haired girl next to me.

 

“Jennie I could be in hysterics because my best friend just died. You don’t seem at all hazed by the information of her dying. Did you ever really care about her because I know that I tried to do my best to make her feel loved. But did you?” She questioned me. I knew sure as heck that I did try my hardest to make Sunmi feel loved. This girl doesn’t have the right to say that I didn’t try. 

 

“I was more of a friend than you ever will be Lisa. I tried more than you in this life and the next.” I said challenging her statements. I noticed Lisa stood up. She grabbed her bag and swung it at me. It hit me right in the cheek. After the hit she fixed up her dress and walked out of the room. I saw Seulgi, Wendy, and Chaeyoung look at the door and at us at the table. They then all got up and went after Lisa.

 

“Jennie for once could you not start a confrontation with the poor girl.” Irene said get up from the table as well and go after the 4 girls who left the table. All who were left were Me, Jisoo, Joy, and Taehyung. After a moment of silence Taehyung broke it by clapping. 

 

“Good job Miss.Kim for ruining once again another occasion.” Taehyung slowly clapped with a wicked smile on his face. He stood just like how everyone else did and left. This turn of events isn’t surprising at all. It happened at Lisa’s birthday party and Sunmi’s aunt's funeral. We all used to be great friends. But as always friends grow apart. Lisa, Chaeyoung, Seulgi, and Wendy stayed as a friend group. They seemed to never get into any arguments with each other either. Which can be pretty fascinating. They can be at times the epitome of annoying. But I gotta hand it to them. The whole school loves them. Teachers, students, even the principal loves them. It can be weird at times thinking about how so many people admire them. But then I remember that I seriously don’t care. Most of the time the only reason I hang out with them is because Wendy and Joy are dating. Joy and Irene have been trying to get me to push my differences with Lisa away. But what happened in the hallway was 1 of the worst days of my life and I can never forgive her for it. I quickly grab my bag and walk out. I find my black Tesla near the entrance of the funeral home. I get my keys from the valet and hope into my car. I turn on the car and put on some Blackpink. While Ddu-du-ddu-du is playing from the speakers I quickly drive back to my penthouse. My parents had shot me a text earlier saying that they had to leave for another business trip. I wanted to call my sister Yeri to ask if she could stay at the house while they weren’t there. But she said that college is pretty tough right now and she isn’t able to drive all the way over to here. I finally get to the building and park my car in my usual space not too far from the entrance. I walked up to the extravagant entrance of the building and quickly walked in. I walked up to the elevator and got in. I pressed the button for the top floor. The elevator took me up to floor number 27. The door opened and I took notice of the only black door at the end of the hall. I opened the black door and was greeted with a pitch black house. I the lights near the door and everything seemed to brighten up.

pNdz03ia_soqgQuJDFbenelyHOHfHR5qawmghvjbe45ZIY2Bm7XTV3ZlPARMIH5smgLllC0XOssjHpHQYhzCMoFfmbJTYvIT3wovEzHioj_JHxhAt1jZyXOaG1IgEnFQ4MmmhdLm

(The Kim Residence)

I walked up the stairs to my room. Just like in the beginning of the house it was very dark. 

djP9cIQFDw5Q9A6KcC-yq7mHiGln82kDdKo1Pe5F-bNpQk6XPfbBq9NB2RCS5iys0IzehSBvek4FGNya8q0gkiPocti6sHVNXI8pK-lCuIMJ8VneJKq90dABUqbE_EYmAYEfWRQt

(Jennie’s Room)

I gotta hand it to my parents. They were never really home. But they knew how to design a nice house. I took off my heels and threw them somewhere in the room. I went to my bathroom and removed my make up. Before taking off my clothes and taking a warm shower. Once I got out of the shower I changed into a black sleepwear set. I slumped onto my bed and quickly fell asleep.

________________________________________________

NEXT WEEK

I was trying to catch up on some of the homework that I missed. When my phone dinged. I looked at my notification and noticed that I was added into a groupchat.


 

Sunmi added Lisa, Jennie, Irene, Chaeyoung, Jisoo, Seulgi, Wendy, Joy, and Taehyung in SUP

 

Lisa

What is this

 

Jennie

We don’t know

 

Jisoo

Do you know who might

have added us

 

Wendy

Doesn’t it say at the top

 

Lisa

I’m out of here

 

Taehyung

Miss me with this paranormal

stuff 

 

Seulgi

I’m with Lisa and Taehyung

 

Lisa, Seulgi, and Taehyung left the chat

Sunmi added Lisa, Seulgi, and Taehyung to the chat

 

Sunmi

No one leaves

 

Joy

Are my eyes perceiving me

or did Sunmi’s name pop onto my screen

 

Irene

We should all just leave

This isn’t a funny prank

 

Chaeyoung

Yea like let the death

Simmer for a bit more

She’ll be forgotten quickly

 

Sunmi

Same old Chaeyoung as before

 

Chaeyoung

Same dramatic Sunmi I see

 

Seulgi

Y’all are just chatting like

 We all didn’t just go to 

Sunmi’s funeral yesterday

 

Chaeyoung

I don’t recall seeing a dead body

At that low budget funeral

 

Joy

Ngl the funeral seems like

Something Taehyung would do

 

Jisoo

Yea I thought you were rich

 

Taehyung

I would rather have a cheap funeral

Than be friends with Lisa

 

Lisa

EXCUSE ME!jusjuv?

 

Jennie

Can y’all be quiet

 

Irene

Don’t you guys notice that this is

Sunmi and Wendy where are you

 

Wendy

Sorry this got boring I was getting 

A cookie

 

Joy

Baby you have cookies

 

Wendy

Come over baby

 

Joy

I’ll be there in 10

Sunmi

EVERYONE STOP TEXTING

AND LISTEN TO ME
 

Lisa

Do you wanna come to my

House Sunmi

 

Sunmi

Lisa i’m LITERALLY DEAD

 

Taehyung

Miss me with that paranormal 

stuff

 

Jennie

So…. you’re not alive

 

Sunmi

Yes I'm not alive

 

Irene

And you’re texting us

 

Sunmi

Yes

 

Seulgi

I call a mandatory 

Green house meeting

____________________________________________________________________________

 

I stared at my phone not believing anything. How could Sunmi be dead and texting us. None of the less I quickly put on my black BlackPink hoodie and ran down to my living room. I grabbed my car keys and left my house. I quickly got into the elevator and pressed the button to go to the final floor. The elevator seemed like it needed repair. But it still got me downstairs. I walked out into the parking garage and saw my black Rolls royce.

5RwSarCf_ru1XTFYZ3EU8oiaSkjkl2bikHHBowYNXgCFlUJPRjMP40QgZJPCEiXyPW4avpW0DXiK1d7m5rwNUUPRDNYTxesxXrCvtVB0_a3Y1pUCHeVzbTp4Rhi2tOrroa8-qWpL

I got into the driver's seat and typed into the gps for the park. I hadn’t been there for years. I think the last time we all went was about 5 years ago. Right before Taehyung dropped all of us. I drove over to the greenhouse and sat in my car for a bit. I started to remember the first time most of us had met.

_________________________________Flashback___________________________________

 

“Jennie I’m going to get you.” I heard Jisoo shout as she ran after me. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Lisa running over as well.

 

“Unnie just let me get you.” Lisa said, seemingly trying to run faster. I was giggling running in a straight path. When I turned around to see if they were close I couldn’t see either of them. I looked to my right and saw Lisa talking Jungkook. I don’t know why but everytime I see them talking it makes me sad. I never liked him that much. So seeing my best friend be talking with him alot sorta hurt me. I saw her look over to me and start running over. I also saw Jisoo running over from behind a tree. Everything felt like it fell into slow motion. Next thing I knew I was falling into the river. I couldn’t swim very well. So it felt like I was just filling up with water while I was sinking down. I quickly closed my eyes trying to calm myself down. But that didn’t work out. Next thing you know. I was being pulled up from underwater. Someone pushed down on my stomach lightly and the water in my lungs started clearing out. I looked around and saw Jisoo comforting a crying Lisa while 6 other kids seemingly the same age as me crowded around. Jisoo and Lisa started hugging me saying stuff like “I’m sorry unnie” and “I should have warned you.

 

Later on we hung out with those other 6 kids and found out their names were Irene, Chaeyoung, Seulgi, Wendy, Joy, Taehyung, and Sunmi. We also found out that they went to the same school as us.After that day we all became really good friends.

____________________________________________________________________________

A/N-How do you guys like this rewrite compared to the original. Tell me in the comments.