❝i❞

Ok, Cool!
Please log in to read the full chapter
C H A P T E R  I -  O K ,  C O O L !

 

Hansol came to the cafe coolly, his hands inside his pocket while listening to music. He put his things in the preparation room and changed into work clothes. He raised a brow hearing Seungcheol and Chan interrogating Jeonghan early in the morning. He walks slowly to hear what they’re talking about.

“Yah Yoon Jeonghan, spill the tea already” Seungcheol demanded, his hands on his hips. “About what?” Jeonghan questioned acting dumbfounded. “The night shift workers saw you and Yeongja holding hands when you took her home. Are you two together now?” Seungcheol explained. “Yes we are” Jeonghan dropped the bomb as they gasped in disbelief. “And you didn’t tell us?!” Seungcheol exclaimed.

“I don’t want to experience being on the hot seat with you guys. Besides, I planned to tell you once she answered me” Jeonghan explained nonchalantly. “Wow! Before you don’t want to see nor feel her existence. How did it come to this hyung?” Chan talked in awe. “Because I started to grow feelings for her” Jeonghan answered with a matter of fact tone. “Jeez! Hearing you say sweet words gives me the creeps Jeonghan. I kinda missed the ‘I hate girls’ persona” Seungcheol emphasized, giving Jeonghan a disgusting look.

Hearing the talk makes Hansol chuckle while nodding his head in enjoyment. “Congrats hyung” he finally talked while flashing his gummy smile before leaving the three alone. Before they open the cafe, Hansol called someone hoping the latter would answer the call. It took a while as the other line answered groggily.

“C’mon Hansol it’s early in the morning” the other line stated weakly, yet can hear its irritation to its tone.

“What time will you come to the cafe later?” he asked while grinning.

“I don’t know, maybe an hour before your shift ends. If this is the only reason you called, I’ll hit you later” the other line threatened.

“Okay cool! That would be all. See you later” Hansol told and immediately hit the end button with a mischievous smile as he imagines the person groaning at the other line.

Youngmi was walking towards the cafe wearing a thick coat that covers her uniform underneath. Her body’s shaking because of the strong wind the autumn brings for the incoming months. The reason behind going to the cafe is because Hansol pleaded if she could walk with him to school after work. He explained that the Chan guy who he used to be his companion has his girlfriend with him and he doesn’t want to tag along because he feels a third wheel with them. She suggested that he could just walk alone but he kept saying that he’s used to walking with someone from school. After attempts of insisting, Youngmi gave up and became his walking buddy.

She stopped staring at her phone before looking up as the direction ended her here; she’s in front of a cafe. It has rose quartz and serenity of its color giving a calm and soothing feeling. After seconds of standing in place, she slowly walked inside. She heard a bell chimed upon coming inside and proceeded to the ordering station. Three people were ahead of her before it was her turn. She felt her body frozen seeing Hansol.

He was about to talk when he saw Youngmi in front of him. He remained silent and got dazed at Youngmi’s beauty. Both are dazed waiting for someone to cut the moment. He was the first to break loose when he felt Jeonghan elbowed him on the ribs. He winced and rubbed the aching part to ease the pain. Youngmi snapped out as well seeing Hansol’s state.

“Welcome to Carat Cafe, may I take your order?” he said and flashed his gummy smile. “I’ll have cocoa,” Youngmi told nonchalantly while taking out her wallet. “That would be 2, 000 won,” he told while punching the order. “2, 000 won for cocoa only? What are you selling here, gold?” she exclaimed in shock. “C’mon, you ordered” Hansol chuckled.

“I ordered to kill time while waiting for you. If you didn’t insist me to be your companion, I would be sleeping at this hour” she explained taking out cash and placed it on the counter. The latter laughed as he took the money while shaking his head. “My shift will end in thirty minutes don’t worry” he reminded and winked.

She shook her head and moved away from the counter as

Please log in to read the full chapter