final

Captivated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, I woke up with a headache. I guess because I was crying too much last night. Even now when I remember it, I still want to cry. I ruined everything, the friendship, the friendship with Jonghyun. How am I going to face him now?

I buried my face in my pillow before I saw my phone that I turned it off and tossed to the side last night. I turned it back on and it overflows with missed calls and messages from Jonghyun.

Jonghyun: Aeri, where are you?

Jonghyun: Are you home now?

Jonghyun: Aeri, please answer my call.

Jonghyun: Sorry, that’s not what I mean.

Jonghyun: Aeri, can we meet and talk again?

I covered my mouth, preventing any sound of me crying. Why does he care so much when he doesn’t like me?

Suddenly I heard my mom shout from the kitchen. “Aeri, Mom’s going to work now. Don’t forget to have breakfast!”

I took a deep breath, trying so hard to hold the tears in. I don’t have appetite now. I’m not going to eat breakfast or whatever it is. I want to sleep and forget everything.

 

I woke up again with my mom yanking my blanket away. I don’t know what time it is now but the sun has already set.

“Are you sick?” She worriedly asked and touched my forehead. “Aeri, are you okay? You didn’t have breakfast and lunch. You never skipped meals like that.”

I quickly shook my head and showed her a fake smile. “I just wanna sleep in since today is Saturday. Don’t worry mom, I’m okay.”

“Alright then, come down and have dinner!” Mom stood up and was about to leave but then she stopped, “Have you seen that envelope yet?” she pointed to a pink envelope on my table. “A boy asked me to give you this morning. So I put it near your breakfast.” She said and then left.

The boy that my mom mentioned must be Jonghyun. I quickly shoot up from my bed and grabbed the envelope from the table. The envelope is pink and was sealed with wax prettily. I open it and see a letter inside. I unfold it and my tears start rushing down as I read it.

 

 

Dear Aeri,

 

This is me, Jonghyun.

I have a lot of things that I want to tell you. Umm where should I start from? Actually you may think that it’s so old fashion to write letters when you can just text on social media but I just think that doing this is more sincere and faithful.

The first time that I saw you wasn’t that time when I picked up the pen for you, but it was way before that. I saw you by accident one time at that café shop when you didn’t see me. You were too focusing on doing your school works that you weren’t even aware of your surroundings. It’s embarrassing to admit this, but I can’t help but stare at you the whole time when you’re doing your works. I can’t help but notice how serious and passionate you are when you’re doing something. I can’t help but notice how you would sigh and sip on your latte every time the things that you’re doing doesn’t work, or how you would push the strands of your hair back when it comes to your face. Everything you do just make my heart fluttering in a weird way.

You never noticed me, you don’t until that time when I saw your pen falling onto the ground. It took me a lot of courage to go and approach you by picking the pen up as an excuse. You thanked me and showed me a smile that made my whole day.

The next day you didn’t know how happy I am when I see you at the convenience store. You said you come here for ice cream on this rainy day and I found that really cute. I saw that you didn’t bring your umbrella with you so I waited for you outside to offer you my umbrella.

The next time I saw you, you looked really sad and hurt that I couldn’t help but felt th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter