Chapter 1

My Jackass Boss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ms.Park! In my office, NOW!" Her boss, Kwon Jiyong's voice rang through Dara's intercom connected to his. 

Oh god. She doesn't feel good about this and she doesn't really have the energy to get yelled at at 9 in the morning. She stayed up all night, working overtime, making the paperwork thats supposed to be done next month but of course her  of a boss wants to test her remaining patience with him and told her to give it to him within the day. 

Dara knocked on the huge mahogany doors and entered the room. His piercing glare immediately welcomed her. He threw the report she made yesterday on the floor. 

"What the is this? Is that what you call work? Are you this incompetent?!" His thundering voice yelled out loud.

"I-I'm sorry Mr.Kwon, I-I'll redo i—" 

She flinched at the sound of his hand slamming on his desk, purposely to cut her off. 

"I expected better from you. You've been working for me for 8 years and youre still this incompetent?! Are you asking to be fired right now, Ms.Park?!"

"N-no sir." 

"Then do a better job or I'll really fire you. Finding a secretary who'll do a better job than you will be easy. I bet you didn't even work hard to make the report. Even a child can do a better job than you! What a disappointment. Get out." 

Dara quickly picked up the files on the ground, got out and slumped on her chair. A tear escaped from her eye, followed by another one, and another. All the emotions she kept hidden just broke out and she was just quietly sobbing on her desk. 

Why? Why does he always make her feel worthless and small? Do simple mistakes really define who she is? A disappointment? An incompetent person? 

"Ms.Park is Jiyong in? I nee— are you okay?" Mr. Youngbae, the Chief of Finance and bestfriend of her boss asked her in surprise, his voiced linked with worry and concern. 

Dara quickly wiped the tears on her eyes and forced a bright smile.

"Yes, he is in right now. I'll tell him you are here, please wait a minute" 

She pressed the button of the intercom and asked, "Mr.Kwon, Mr.Dong from Finance is looking for you."

"Let him in." 

Dara looked up at Youngbae and smiled. "Mr.Kwon is waiting for you in his office, you can come in" 

He smiled worryingly and patted the girl's shoulder, almost as if telling her to cheer up. "Thank you, Ms.Park" 

When he was out of sight, Dara slumped back on her seat and let out a sad chuckle. 

S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter