Chapter 02

Answer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 02

Seo Jinae

 

I didn’t even realize how much time went by until I could smell this fragrant Italian scent that immediately got my head up and away from my laptop. Looking to my left, I was awed by the view that laid out right infront of me. The sun had gone down and the bright city lights were beautiful with the han river lited up gorgeously and people having little dates along the river. It truly is such beautiful scenery. I shut my laptop and placed it at the corner before I pushed myself up and followed the scent that led straight to the kitchen. 

 

“Oh, I’m almost done.” Taehyung looked at me with this smile, a little shy but also confident. It’s hard to explain. 

 

“Pasta?” I asked even though it was pretty obvious. He was already plating the dish and made it look pretty with garnishing. “Oh, it looks so good.”

 

“It better be.” He chuckled easily. “I’ve been working on perfecting my pasta recipe for a long time now.”

 

“Is pasta your favourite food?” I asked as I took one plate from him and followed him to the dining table. 

 

“Japchae.” Taehyung corrected me. “I love Japchae but Pasta comes in second.”

 

I nodded my head, realizing that the Gucci boy enjoys simple dishes like japchae afterall. I guess even though we’re completely different in terms of status and maybe lifestyle, there are little things like these that connect us even though I’d say my favourite food would be original korean dishes or beef. I love meat. 

 

Taehyung rushed in and out of the kitchen and brought out a bottle of sparkling water with two cups. He also had a salad bowl that he placed in between the both of us. How is it that even a home-cooked dinner by Taehyung just seemed so high class? If you asked me to cook at home, I’d be making a simple stew or literally just surviving on instant noodles too. 

 

“It really smells so good.” I complimented, literally eyeing the plate infront of me. 

 

“Try it.” Taehyung suggested as he handed over a fork and spoon to me. He sat there, leaning against the table as he waited for me to try it first. With an anxious smile, I could tell he did put in a lot of effort inito the dish. 

 

“Jal meokgesseumnida.” I quickly thanked before digging in. 

 

Slurping down the goodness, my eyes grew wide in shock. It was honestly very delicious and it wasn’t too salty or creamy either. It felt like the perfect balance, which made it easy to enjoy and digest as well. The tint of spice made everything fit together nicely. It was the perfect dish that is difficult to believe that he made it himself. 

 

Still a little overwhelmed by he dish, I complimented it with every bite I took. From groans in joy to actual worded compliments, I filled his mind up with positivity that he reacted with a very bright grin that warmed my heart. 

 

“I made it with a lot of effort.” Taehyung said more confidently his time. “I’m glad you like it.”

 

“It’s really amazing.” I didn’t even hesitate, not even realizing that the way i ate might come off sloppish to a boujee boy like him. “You’re like a professional chef.”

 

“Aniya. I just watched a lot of cooking shows.” He humbly denied. “I just added in a bit of a Taehyung touch?” 

 

It didn’t take very long for us to be done with the food he had prepared and it was definitely an enjoyable meal. The both of us just sat there opposite one another, talking about the most random things. I have to say, Taehyung is very charismatic. However, even though I felt comfortable around him, I still couldn’t help but feel cautious about the things I say or how I behave. I guess part of me just wanted acceptance and considering how different he is from me, I felt the need to pretend to be like him. 

 

“So I was only a trainee for about a year plus.” Taehyung was telling me about how he started his route to be an idol and how he was casted in the first place. 

 

“Well, that’s pretty short actually.” Especially when you compare it with my trainee period. I guess that’s one of the downsides when you sign with a large label. The probability of debut is slightly smaller considering the number of trainees they have and the amount of money they invest in you. 

 

“How long were you a trainee?”

 

“4 years.” I told him with a confident smile. It wasn’t an easy 4 years, especially since they instill these rules and negative mindsets into your head from your teenage years. 

 

“Wah.” Taehyung exclaimed in disbelief. “That means you were a trainee since you were…”

 

“Fifteen,” I told him, cutting him some slack as he was trying to do the math. 

 

“Oh, that’s the same as Jungkook.” Taehyung exclaimed, his smile suddenly growing big as he thought about their youngest member. “Wah, that’s really admirable.”

 

“A-Aniyo.” I chuckled lightly.

 

“You were under SM the entire time?”


“Ne.” 

 

“Why SM?”

 

“Mollayo.” To be honest, I didn’t really have a choice. I got accepted and for my dreams to be achieved, I just went ahead with it. Despite the rumors about how badly the company takes care of their trainees and artists, it seemed like my only path to my dreams being fulfilled in the first place. “I don’t regret it though.”

 

“You managed to meet Baekhyun hyung.” Taehyung just had to bring up that boy. 

 

“Ne.” I laughed to myself, thinking about how we met in the first place. He had just made his debut when I became a trainee and gosh, he was the silliest senior I had ever met. I guess that’s how we got close in the first place. “Baekhyun oppa is such a joker.”


“I’m glad he introduced you to us though.”

 

For a split second, I wondered if he was this smooth only because he did this to many girls. I mean, it is a possible reason and kind of logical. He could say such thoughts so easily without being flustered at all. It’s a little suspicious and made me wonder if he was a player. His looks could easily pass him off as one. He had great looks and a sweet personality. 

 

Before I could even reply with anything, the front door of their apartment was heard and I literally panicked. Was I allowed to be here? What if I get in trouble for this? Is it their manager? Should I hide? I started to feel anxious and Taehyung probably didn’t notice it. My fingernails started digging into my palm and as my mind felt like a hurricane was going by, Taehyung got up easily and walked towards the main door before letting out a sigh of relief. 

 

“Oh, Jungkook-ah.”

 

I turned around immediately and let a sigh escape my lips. I was thankful it was Jungkook though I did feel a little worried about being caught in their dormitory alone with Taehyung. It is a little weird and I wonder if Jungkook would say anything. 

 

“Hyung.” I heard Jungkook’s soothing voice call. 

 

He finally appeared in my sight and when he saw me, his reaction was definitely big. His eyes were wide open and he looked at me with his lips slightly parted. Jungkook looked a little confused and definitely startled. I can understand why though. He looked like he had just came back after a long day, his shoulders droopy and his expression told me he was exhausted. 

 

“J-Jinae-ssi.” He managed to mutter with his hands full of bags. 

 

I got up and rushed to him immediately, feeling very apologetic for the random appearance. 

 

“Sunbae. Annyounghasehyo.” I greeted frantically and reached forward to help him with the bags. “Let me help you.” I offered. 

 

“Aniya. Gwaenchanayo.” Jungkook pulled them back slightly and took a step back, still looking at me with weird eyes before turning to look at Taehyung. 

 

“I invited her over for dinner.” Taehyung explained without being a little bit fazed. Not a single bit. 

 

“Jwesonghamnida, sunbae.” I apologized to Jungkook. He was probably shocked and caught off guard by me. 

 

He probably thought he could come back comfortably but well, he was greeted by a female in his home. I thought Taehyung would have at least told s. Back then when I was in a group, it was practically a major rule that if anyone brought anybody home, be it male or female, without the other members knowing, it’s basically like treason. 

 

“Aniya.” Jungkook shrugged it off and comforted me with a warm smile. A very pretty one.
 

“I’ll quickly wash up the dishes.” I offered instantly, moving to the dining table quickly to clean up the mess. 

 

“Stop what you’re doing.” Taehyung said with a stern voice. I looked up at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter