"To Be With You".

"To Be With You".

Jimin remembered the chilly Fall afternoon he saw you racing off the college premises, he had just finished attending his biology lecture and was looking forward to seeing you after the tedious two-hour class. Your arm had been shielding your face, perhaps hoping that no-one would see the frown decorating your face and the trail of hot tears that seemed to fall endlessly from your eyes. At that moment time stopped, his heart felt like it was being squeezed as he watched your retreating figure fade from view. He felt as if he had been shot, the image of your tear-stained face kept him rooted to the ground, frozen. He had never seen you sport such hurt and betrayal before, and he instantly understood why it had been that way. And who had caused it to contort in such a pained way?

"Hold on little girl
Show me what he's done to you
Stand up little girl
A broken heart can't be that bad"

Jimin had always valued your friendship, never once crossing the boundary between lover and best friend; though, admittedly, he always wanted more but was too afraid of losing you in the event of a breakup. No, he was content with the way things were, or at least that is what he always told himself. The subject was a moot point anyway, you were in a relationship with one of Jimin's old friends, Jeon Jungkook. As much as he tried to keep his nose out of your relationship with Jeon, he couldn't help but seeth at the sight of you two. Jealousy was one thing, but Jimin knew Jeon all too well, and it seemed that the entire female population on campus did too. Jeon was never one to settle, even in his high school days he bounced from girl to girl, never once giving a second thought to the people he hurt, so long as he was having fun. As far as Jimin knew he guessed that you had the slightest idea of Jeon's plentiful excursions but chose to turn a blind eye to them. He was your first 'mature' love, as you put it the night you first broke the news to Jimin. The smile that painted your face and the glow about you had acted as aloe to the tear he felt in his chest that night. Little did you know and soon you would come to find out, college did not often equate to maturity.  

"When it's through, it's through
Fate will twist the both of you
So come on baby, come on over
Let me be the one to show you"

Jimin acted as a support for you during this extremely hard time. He rushed to you when you called asking for him to buy tubs of chocolate ice-cream and sit in bed with you to binge-watch sad movies together. He listened to you speak, scream, and speak curses until your throat was raw and you no longer had a voice. He held you close every-time a violent sobbing session tore its way through you, all the while gasping for Jeon to come walking through the door ready to apologize, to come back to you after you had found him in another's bed. Listening to you in such distress ripped a hole in Jimin's heart, but he would never tell you that, instead he opted to whisper sweet nothings in your ear and rub your back until you were asleep in his arms. While you slept soundly, he confessed every emotion that was eating at him; he poured his heart out to you and took in every detail of your face, hoping that maybe one day he would be the one to mend and keep your heart just as you had taken his. 

"I'm the one who wants to be with you
Deep inside I hope you feel it too
Waited on a line of greens and blues
Just to be the next to be with you"

Time passed painfully slow. It felt as if nothing would ever get better as the days went by. Jimin tried his best to always be there to look after you on top of keeping up with his own courses. It was proving to be a struggle, but one that he never seemed to mind, always preferring to make sure you were okay. With the passing time, Jimin only found himself even more hopelessly in love with you. Jeon was an idiot for losing such a gem, or at least, that is what Jimin thought. Jeon did not deserve to have you as he did; to kiss you, hold your hand, to gaze into those eyes that held galaxies. No, he never was worthy of being able to do those things. Jimin hoped you saw that now, and maybe just saw him in a different light too. 

"Build up your confidence
So you can be on top for once
Wake up, who cares about
Little boys that talk too much

I've seen it all go down
Your game of love was all rained out
So come on baby, come on over
Let me be the one to hold you"

It was late Spring when Jeon decided to visit you. He came groveling, eyes glossy and a furious red adorning his face as he stood in the doorway to your apartment. Jimin was peeking behind the kitchen counter hoping that you would immediately slam the large oak door in his pathetic face. Alas, you made no move to do such a thing, much to Jimin's dismay. Instead, you merely stood there, frozen, as if you had just seen a ghost. No words were coming out of your mouth and several seconds ticked by before you had regained your composure. Jimin's heart stopped beating when you moved to the side, motioning for Jeon to enter the apartment. Jimin's shoulders sank and he held back tears as he watched you and Jeon enter your bedroom followed by a muffled conversation he couldn't quite make out. This couldn't be happening...

"I'm the one who wants to be with you
Deep inside I hope you feel it too
Waited on a line of greens and blues
Just to be the next to be with you

Why be alone when we can be together baby?
You can make my life worthwhile
I can make you start to smile"

Everything was a blur, it all happened so fast Jimin could not quite make sense of the situation. Suddenly Jeon was everywhere and you made no objections to his constant presence. Jimin was beyond hurt, it took his all for him to paint a smile on his face when he saw you; Jeon always not too far behind, trailing you like a dog protecting its property. It made Jimin uncomfortable and the pair danced around each-other whenever you wanted to hang out, oblivious to the tension and resentment shared between him and Jeon. His heart broke piece by piece each time you and Jeon were together. He was losing his footing, his ability to love. 

"When it's through, it's through
Fate will twist the both of you
Come on baby, come on over
Let me be the one to show you

I'm the one who wants to be with you
Deep inside I hope you feel it too
Waited on a line of greens and blues
Just to be the next to be with you

I'm the one who wants to be with you
Deep inside I hope you feel it too
Waited on a line of greens and blues
Just to be the next to be with you"

With Jeon's ever-present position in your day-to-day life Jimin grew distant, he thought that you both could have been something more. These emotions he kept bottled up only served to make him cold; until he felt absolutely nothing, the silver-haired man's heart was turned to stone and he didn't know if he liked it or not. It helped ease the pain he felt seeing you and Jeon together again, but it didn't change the sad, tearful look in your eyes whenever you passed him on campus; as if you longed for something you felt was gone forever. And you were right, Jimin was never coming back, and he didn't spare you a single glance when you attempted to reach out to him. The once bubbly, optimistic, smiley young man turned into someone you didn't recognize anymore. And Jimin would never say it, but he didn't know himself anymore as well. But it was better this way. No feelings and no connections meant that Jimin could play with whoever he wanted whenever he wanted and never had to risk his own decayed heart.

You were his happiness and now he realized how foolish it was to place that title on someone else, in the end, he resented himself because he did everything...."Just to be the next to be with you".