Upset

Moments

Nako is a famous e-sport player and has lots of fans in Japan. Hitomi is a normal baker in the city. After a tremendous effort of courting Hitomi, she finally said yes to Nako. However, Hitomi wants their relationship to be a secret as she doesn't want to affect Nako's reputation and achievement she has as one of the best gamers in the country. 

They went out for a date after a long time as Nako was busy preparing for the game league. Casually, hand in hand walking in the mall, Hitomi suddenly let go of Nako's hand and told Nako that she was going to the toilet. She spotted some of Nako's fans wearing her fanbase t-shirt in one of the shops nearby. Feeling weird, Nako scanned the area around and spotted her fans from afar. When Hitomi returned from the toilet, Nako questioned her.

"Why did you walk away? Tell me the truth"

"I spotted some of your fans..." Hitomi replied softly while tugging Nako's hand.

Upsettingly, Nako walked into a nearby shop. Hitomi followed her quietly. Nako purchased a mask and wear it on the spot. 

"What are you doing?" Hitomi asked and reaching out to take off Nako's mask. Nako dodged her hand and walked to the cinema. 

"Nako.... Don't be like this, please... I'm just worried that your fan caught us dating..." Hitomi was tugging Nako's coat. 

"I am someone who can't be seen together in the public. I am too ugly that is why..." Hitomi cupped the sulking penguin and caressed her cheeks.  

"You know I didn't mean it darling. I'm just worried about you and your reputation."

"You know I don't care about that right? What is wrong with me? Just because I am famous, am I not a human? I have my own feelings too..." Tears started to well up, glistening Nako's eyes. Hitomi removed Nako's mask ask gave her a peck on her lips trying to calm her down. Nako buried her face into the latter's hug. 

 


 

This drabble/oneshot is an adaptation from one of the scenes in "Falling into Your Smile" acted by Xu Kai  & Cheng Xiao. Enjoy.