Saturday July 2nd 2008

Love letters to you

Hello again, dear friend,

today I took Toby on a walk. The others at the park looked at me weird but I'm used to it. It really doesn't bother me because I know that you would never judge me. Toby had a blast, though he never brought back the sticks I threw. I had to get all the balls that I threw back myself as well. Guess he just wasn't in the mood to play. The other dogs avoided him again, just like all the other kids seem to be avoiding me. But frankly, I really do not mind not having them around. They are all loud and annoying and they say rude things to me all the time and point their fingers at me and talked in hushed, hatefull, painfully quiet but painfully real and aware voices. Sometimes their whispers follow me home and haunt me in my dreams and when I wake up they keep nagging at me as though I were something to take a piece of to never be given back. But I won't give them a piece of me, of my mind, of my heart. I'm waiting for you to come back home so we can share us.

At the park there was also an old, grumpy grandma with an even grumpier, little, white dog. Ugly, brown, tear crusted eyes and foaming at the mouth and he kept trying to knock Toby down but the granny pulled and pulled on his leash to stop him. Sam and her friends were also there but they left when they saw me. Of course we followed them. They were talking about you, where you live now. Sadly I didn't catch it but maybe in school I can set her up so she has to talk to me. 

Today mom also yelled at me again, something about having to stop sending you letters. But I know how much you love reading these letters, and I love reading yours. I just miss you but I guess she doesn't get that since when dad left she didn't cry either. She laughed and smiled and cheered and now she has a new boyfriend, again. She broke up with Cobe after a few months, said he was too friendly with me and Toby. I think she just was jealous that her boyfriend liked having me around more than she did. She also always got angry with Cobe when I told him about my letters for you, because he understood that I need to write these for you. Freddy, her new boyfriend, finds me just as weird as anyone here does, but I don't care about him either. He is just like everyone else, boring and telling me to leave you but I'd never do that because you wouldn't leave me either. Freddy and mom just don't understand, no adult understands, except for Cobe.

About Sam, she is still avoiding me, trying to not talk to me, especially not about you. Maybe she just can't take the fact that I won't give up on our friendship so easily. She's just like an adult, wears makeup, talks about the future, is boring, avoids me and keeps on telling peolpe to leave me and me to leave you but just like the adults, she can't order me around. I won't stop writing you, don't worry. I'll write a million letters if it takes that for you to be back.

Sincerely, Me.