rebel with a cause

rebel with a cause
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Mom, I'm sleepy."

 


Tiffany smiled, eyes crinkling affectionately at her daughter, "Okay, baby. I'll see you tomorrow," placing a kiss on top of Joohyun's head.

 


"Good night, Mom," Joohyun smiled, turning to her side as soon as her mom got up and bid her good night. Tiffany turned the light off and watched her daughter by the doorway for a while as the hallway's light served as the only illumination on Joohyun's room, eyes teary as she reminisced about their talk a while ago, about her girlfriend and her daughter's smile, making her remember about her and Taeyeon.

 


Tiffany felt hands wrapped around from behind, "Boo," she heard the voice say, followed by a kiss on the side of her neck just below her jawline.

 


"Tae, she's all grown up now."

 


"I know, she's 18 years old and now she has a girlfriend."

 


Tiffany slapped her wife's arm but she can't help the shiver that followed when Taeyeon chuckled near that sensitive area around her neck.

 


"Come on. We should sleep now, too," kissing Taeyeon when she turned around before closing their daughter's room, going out hand in hand.

 

 

Joohyun tentatively opened an eye, after hearing her door click shut and the soft padding of her parents footsteps away from her room, darkness greeting her, before turning around and stared at the closed door, smile instantly blossoming on her face after hearing that click on her parents room a few doors down the hall.

 


She picked up her phone and called the number she’s been dying to call, the receiver picking up after the third ring.

 

 

"Hyun?"

 


"Wan, are you still there? My parents are gone."

 


"Oh god, I thought you just left me out here to rot."

 


"Now, why would I do that?" Joohyun said, getting out of bed, expertly removing her sleep clothes off to reveal sweatshirts and denim pants beneath it, picking up her favorite leather jacket hanging off a hook outside her closet door.

 


"I don't know. You made me wait for so long outside your balcony, making me sleep through a story of your parent’s love life, basically forgetting that I was out here in the cold."

 


Joohyun heard a knock on her wide floor-to-ceiling window, she smirked, she almost forgot that her girlfriend's out on the cold balcony, camping out as she waited for Joohyun to sneak out. She went to open it after applying a light mist spray on her face (they’re going out on a night escapade, one should never forget to moisturize), opening the window and in slipped Seungwan and into her waiting arms.

 


"Why are you so fussy?"

 


"Warm me up, silly. I've been out there for godknowshowlong."

 


Joohyun pulled away from the hug, knowing her girlfriend wants something else, something better and warmer than a hug.

 


She kissed her wide forehead, feeling the cold surface of her skin warm up beneath her lips, skimming down to her nose to kiss the cold pinkish tip, before her lips ghosted over parted lips, ragged breath fanning her own, teasing it with a peck, she smiled, but Seungwan's low growl and the kiss that followed erased any mischievous thoughts in her head.

 


"You know better than to tease me, Hyun," Seungwan said, voice raspy and low next to her ear, burrowing her face on Joohyun' warm skin. They stayed like that for a while, basking in each other's warmth until Joohyun broke the charm.

 


"Come on, Wan. Let's go before Umma finds out I'm gone."

 


"Can't we just stay here?" Seungwan said, mumbling with her eyes closed.

 


"Wan!" Joohyun hissed, trying to pull away but to no avail, Seungwan latched onto her like she got possessed by KoalaHyun (it’s still her, dammit, it’s what their friends often whenever she's next to Seungwan), she rolled her eyes at her girlfriend's antics, succumbing once again when Seungwan kissed the side of her neck.

 


"Why do we have to sneak out in the middle of the night with your parents sleeping, anyway? Your parent’s loves me, and I want to stay on their good side not tolerate their daughter's not-so rebellious streak. You know I don’t want any bad blood between me and your Umma – we’re basically pals, Hyun!"

 


She slapped Seungwan's arm, making the latter yelp and glare at her, "I've lived my life prim and proper and boring, Wan, won't you humor me a little?"

 


"What's so boring about your life anyway?"

 


"My parents support me in everything I do, except, well, getting tattoos and multiple piercings. You know how much I want to wear matching earrings with you."

 


"We could always get matching earrings … just – I don't want to get vetoed by your parents just because I let you get piercings like mine."

 


"You're no fun," Joohyun crossed her arms above her chest.

 


"Oh, I'm not fun now after waiting hours for you outside in the cold?" Seungwan raised her eyebrows at her and smirked.

 


Joohyun threw her arms, "Okay, okay. You win."

 


"Good," kissing Joohyun on her pouting lips "Now, let's go."

 


Seungwan grabbed a lone purple scarf hanging on Joohyun’s desk chair and wrapped it around her girlfriend’s neck, before pulling her to the open balcony window.

 


“You go first, I’ll hold the ladder while you go down,” Seungwan said, gesturing at the wooden ladder placed on the side of Joohyun’s balcony. Joohyun gulped at the sight of the ladder, looking down at the ground made her feel dizzy somehow (her room’s located at the second-floor of their house, Seungwan could easily just climb down the tree near Joohyun’s window, but of course, for safety purposes, Joohyun gave Seungwan the key to their garage, so she could get a ladder – but even with the ladder, her fear doesn’t know how to discriminate).

 


“Go, Hyun. Or would you rather we stay here in your room?”

 


“Alright! Alright, just gimme a minute, will you?”

 

 

“Need I remind you: this was your plan to go out in the middle of the night without your parent’s knowing,” Seungwan gratingly said, reminding her that’s she’s the mastermind behind this ‘grand plan’ of a night escapade, living out the ‘rebellious daughter’ character she’d always wanted by sneaking out of her own room after her own Mom just kissed her goodnight. Good talk, Joohyun, she could almost hear her girlfriend say. She rolled her eyes.

 

 

“Or how about this: I’ll go down first,” Seungwan moved to her side, facing her, and stared at her “so you’ll fall towards me instead of the ground.”

 


It would’ve been romantic and she was so close to swooning at her girlfriend’s act of chivalry if only Seungwan didn’t do that greasy wink and smile and finger gun move to emphasize her point – the latter cackling at her flushed face.

 


“Enough! Haha, enough, Hyun. I’ll stop. Stop slapping me!” Seungwan placed her hands in front of her for protection, laughter dying slowly on , “Okay, I’ll go down first. Hold the ladder.”

 


Seungwan climbed the balcony rail, gracefully placing both her legs over and onto the ladder’s steps. Joohyun held the ladder securely over her end, nervously watching as Seungwan went down (it was a good 20-step full ladder, but of course, Joohyun doesn’t know that) with bated breath. She can’t help the sigh of relief that came out of mouth and shakily smiled back at Seungwan’s grinning face and thumbs up.

 


“Your turn, Hyun,” Seungwan mocked shout at her, just enough for her to hear, “I promise I’ll be here to keep you safe,” nodding encouragingly at Joohyun. Joohyun stared at the ladder and the ground, in which Seungwan watched her on the opposite end, waiting for her. She gulped down her fear, blowing a shaky breath, before going on and over the ladder. She could hear Seungwan’s hushed encouragement behind her every step, until hands wrapped firmly on her sides, holding her steady until her feet touched the ground.

 


“There you go. It wasn’t that bad, right?” Seungwan said, smiling at her as she turned to her, lost for words, only hugging her back as a response, “Aww, you’re fine now, Babe. I told you I’ll be here to catch you remember?”

 

 

“No greasy innuendo?”

 


“None intended.”

 


“Okay.”

 

 

 

 

“Should we go break ‘em up now?”

 


“Don’t,” Tiffany said, adoringly watching as her daughter and Seungwan made their way over to the gates after hiding the ladder, which she presumed to be hidden by the bushes.

 


“I don’t get why you haven’t scolded Joohyun for going out at midnight, Fany ah. You could’ve already stopped her after noticing that she’s dressed over her pajamas.”

 


“It’s not like Joohyun’s going out with some bad kids, Taetae. Plus, it’s Seungwan – your favorite buddy next to Zero, remember.”

 


“Okay, I get your point. I would’ve already called out Seungwan had you not stopped me.”

 


“You know yourself that Seungwan’s not a bad influence over Joohyun. I bet she talked Joohyun out of this a few times, if you recall the various annoyed expression our baby made earlier after dinner.”

 


“Guess Seungwan is just as whipped as I am.”

 


Tiffany turned to fully face her wife, and smirked at her, surprised that Taeyeon would admit to being whipped in her presence.

 


“Why are you looking at me like that?”

 


“Where’s that pride you have whenever Soo and Yul teased you about being whipped?”

 


Taeyeon rolled her eyes at her, “They’re not here … and please – don’t get used to it.”

 


“Oh,” Taeyeon looked over her wife’s shoulder, she leaned closed to the window with Tiffany pressed on her side, “Seungwan brought a freaking Harley!” Taeyeon was about to open the window but was stopped when Tiffany slapped her hand.

 


“Nerd,” Tiffany rolled her eyes at Taeyeon’s childishness at the sight of a vintage Harley-Davidson their daughter’s currently perched on.

 


“Should’ve known that kid owns one,” Taeyeon shook her head, envious at seeing Seungwan riding such strapping vintage ride, and with a gorgeous passenger snug behind her, “The matching leather jacket’s should’ve given them away.”

 

 

 “Come over here."

 


Taeyeon didn’t listen and just watched longingly (don’t get her wrong, she love her daughter and would protect her at all cost but – a Harley? she pouted) as her daughter and her girlfriend sped away.

 

 


“Taeyeon!”

 


“Coming!”

 

 

 

 

Seungwan speed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter