Us (Final)

Little Things

 

 

“Isn't this a coincidence?” Dahyun stepped little on the girl who was still frozen in place. She smiled wryly,

 

"Or is this really a fate?"

 

Sana could only close tightly. Either because that figure was now standing right in front of her or she was a little crazy just because of one person.

 

As if the situation couldn't get any quieter as she finds Dahyun who was now standing in front of her with a very significant difference. She still recognized the sharp yet shady gaze she had encountered when they met. She could still see that smile that she missed every second when the latter is nowhere to be found.

 

Sana knew how much she had fallen too deeply for the gaze that she now managed to get back.

 

"Say something, Sana-chan."

 

"I've missed you."

____

 

This is exactly what Sana had in mind. Now they are facing each other sitting in a coffee shop, just staring at each other.

 

Sana could not hide the red tinge on her face when that figure never drew her eyes.

 

Her heart situation worsened knowing that it was so quiet here and only leaving the two of them who were still the same awkward after a long absence of seeing. What happened to her, this should be a fun thing considering she was longing for the moment where she could be with Dahyun again.

 

"You're becoming quiet again, huh?" Dahyun said chuckled softly,

 

"Uh…"

 

"I just don't know what to say."

 

This time, Dahyun pulled the corners of her lips to smile. Someone out there knows how much she really misses that voice that always buzzes in her ears every night.

 

Secretly she really liked the changes of Sana's voice that grew more matured, it sounds sweet and husky at the same time. This is exactly what she expected. How could she not, the first time she saw the latter back in the park and just couldn't say anything but throw her away, and now Sana has grown up to be a very beautiful young woman, looking more mature and elegant. She never stopped falling for that smile. The most beautiful smile Dahyun had ever seen from anyone. She loved how those two eyes would form a crescent moon which was so charming when she smiled.

 

"Your voice sounds different." Dahyun said softly,

 

"I love that. Sounds soothing."

And this is what she had expected, Minatozaki Sana expected to be exact. Her heart is now racing very fast. She even missed a few beats just because of those words that left the lips of the figure in front of her.

 

However, she could clearly hide her feelings by chuckling softly. made Dahyun laugh along with her.

 

"I think we missed the proper handshake, after years of not seeing each other." Said Sana now with more courageous. She even stretched out one hand.

 

Dahyun looked at the delicate hand for a while. There was something in her heart that somehow made her really nervous right now.

 

Sure enough, the hand that intended to return the offering hand was actually shaking slowly. Making Sana chuckles again softly, and Dahyun could not help but painting blush on her cheeks.

 

Sana then grabbed Dahyun's hand first,

 

"It's been a while, Dahyun-ah." She added while throwing a deadly smile to the girl who now also warmly welcomed her.

 

"Feels so good to finally meet you again, Sana-chan." Now Dahyun became more relaxed because of that soft grip.

 

"You still like flowers?" Dahyun asked Sana who had just sipped her coffee. She just nodded quickly,

 

"You know I love flowers."

 

Dahyun nodded her head too. She smiled then said, "Wait here." She immediately left their table and Sana who put on a slightly confused face.

 

After nearly two minutes Dahyun left. She now appears to be walking casually back to her while hiding something behind her small body. She put on a calm face, making Sana even more curious. Sure enough, when she showed what was behind her. Sana could only clap her hands quickly while saying, "Woah!"

 

There she is, Dahyun thought. She chuckled.

 

"They're beautiful, Dahyun-ah!"

 

That was the response Dahyun had expected. You never change, Sana-Chan. Cute as usual.

 

“Do you know this flower?” Dahyun asked quietly as she gave it to the young-woman who was still fascinated by the beauty of the flowers.

"I know this. This is Amaranth. But what is the other one?"

 

Dahyun smiled, "Almond Blossom."

 

"Ah…."

 

"Do you know the meaning of each flower?" Dahyun asked once again, this time Sana could only shake her head slowly.

 

"Amaranth means loyalty. Just like how I've always remembered you since that day."

Sana then felt her warm cheeks,

 

"and Almond Blosson means hope. I think I've always kept this one."

 

"As I was hoping to see you again, Sana-chan."

 

And Sana knows, surely now her cheeks are very blushed.

 

Thank you to Dahyun for making the sudden concert in her heart.

 

"Thank you, Dahyun-ah…"

Then the two of them just returned to stare at each other. Both looking for answers to their questions. Is this something where they can meet again and solve what was delayed?

 

Am I allowed to be this happy, Dahyun-ah?

 

"I'm not too interested in a relationship, I guess I'm just too focused on my studies. "Said Sana while swinging her legs.

 

The two of them are currently seating in the park bench near the lake in the garden where the two of them first met and started their friendship.

 

This evening twilight seemed to be a witness for two young people who had not found each other's presence in their life for a long time.

 

"Ah…"

 

"How about you, Dahyun-ah?"

 

There was a worried face on Sana's face, she was just not ready to hear the answer from her old friend. She just couldn't imagine if Dahyun really had found another partner. Meanwhile, she never gave up on the fairy tales they made before.

 

Sana just felt sorry for herself. How could she not, she was like a very stupid person who always holds on to unreasonable beliefs nor her immature tricks.

 

She should've understood better how this world works. She should’ve known, what the heavens have arranged for her, and for Dahyun.

 

But what if her feelings and beliefs prefer to ignore them? Ignoring the reality that has slapped her many times without giving her a break.

 

"I…"

 

"Been with someone."

 

Sure enough, Sana was never ready for this.

 

“But it's been a long time since my last relationship” Dahyun continued without realizing that the girl beside her was now trying to accept the fact that they are indeed had been away from each other for a very long time.

 

"I guess I was just trying to find that particular person in everyone that I happened to meet."

 

"But I never found it."

 

Then Dahyun turned to her old friend who was now staring at her in surprise. She had paused to stare at that face which once again looked so perfect under the orange sky.

 

"I’ve never found you, in someone else."

 

"I know this sounds a little stupid,"

 

Very stupid,

"I'm very sorry to disappeared. But I'm back."

 

"And I think I came home because of you, Sana-chan."

 

And someone out there knows, how Sana now feels the happiness that rises in her heart as soon as Dahyun finishes her statement.

 

She really did not expect this to happen.

 

As if heaven knows what she has been sending as a prayer, She knew they had granted her prayer first among others.

____

"I'm telling you, he is hot! You should accept his dinner!" Nayeon exclaimed a little loudly at her best friend who is still busy with her college assignments.

 

Meanwhile, Momo is now wandering around Sana's room, which she hadn't visited for a long time.

 

"Shut up, I can't focus."

 

"Oh, C'mon, Sana!"

 

"She's right, Sana, Mark is handsome, kind and he is good at various things. What else is missing?"

 

She's not Dahyun.

 

"After all, you've always turned everything down. How about giving this one a chance?"

Now, Sana is facing both of them. She turned the study chair around. An annoyed look was drawn on her face,

 

"If I accept the offer this time, will both of you promise not to force me on anything else including other blind dates?"

 

Momo briefly looked at Nayeon. And the girl could only nod. The two of them then looked back at their best friend, who did look very upset.

 

"Fine with us!" Replied Momo agreed while smiling.

 

"Fine."

 

"Good. One dinner won't hurt yourself." Nayeon snatched with a satisfied smile. She did not expect a little if her friend would accept the offer of dinner from Mark. However, that young man had tried hard to win the heart of a Minatozaki Sana.

 

"Whatever."

 

"Is this your best friend?"

 

Sana turned to Momo, who is now holding a photo frame while staring at her.

 

"Yeah."

 

"She's cute. No wonder you have a girl crush on her."

 

She's cuter now.

"I guess it's not just a girl crush huh, Minatozaki?" This time Nayeon joined in, making Sana fell silent and chose to return to her attention to the book.

 

"I thought, I told you guys many times."

 

"She is more like, my first love."

 

Now Nayeon sighed roughly. "And I thought, I told you that was just your young stupid love."

 

This time, Sana stood up to her best friend. Nayeon and Momo did not take their eyes off the girl who was now slowly sitting on her bed.

 

"Nayeon-ah, do you feel something in your heart and feel like it's beating very loud when you meet someone who you think is your first love?"

 

"Of course."

 

"Do you feel your tongue feeling like its missing and time feels like it stops?"

 

"Of course. What are you talking about?"

 

"So, it can be said that he is really your first love, right? You always expect his presence all the time." Sana explained once again,

 

"Like he's the only person who can make you feel really special."

 

"And he is everything you want."

 

"What are you talking about, Sana?" Momo joined them, not sure where this conversation was going. Nayeon seemed to be listening very well and curiosity got the best of her as she looking forward to what Sana could possibly give as her answer. Sana is now keeping shut while staring at her two friends.

 

Not sure if she should tell them the truth.

 

"Because I've met her,"

 

"I met Dahyun."

 

"And I felt all those feelings lingering on me because of her."

 

"And I do not know how to stop it and it scared the hell out of me."

_____

Sana carved a thin smile when she read the message she had just received.

 

[Dahyun 20.04 pm] Hey

Her friends just won't understand how the little things Dahyun did was able to make her feel the happiness. How she can easily ignite the fire in her heart.

 

[Sana 20.05] Hi!

 

[Dahyun 20.05 pm] Thought you were sleeping

 

[Sana 20.06pm] Nope.

 

[Dahyun 20.06pm] Uhm, can we meet, again?

 

Sana biting her upper lips to hold back her wild smile,

 

[Sana 20.09pm] Sure. Why not?

 

I've always wanted to see you, anyway.

 

[Dahyun 20.09pm] Idk. You seem busy. So…

 

[Sana 20.09pm] Huh?

 

[Dahyun 20.11 pm] To be honest I tried to go to the park again a few afternoons yesterday. But I never found you there.

 

!

[Sana 20.12 pm] I'm so sorry. I've been so busy. You're right. You should've called me.

 

[Dahyun 20.13 pm] I wanted too. But, I don't want to disturb you.

 

[Sana 20.14 pm] Don't talk nonsense, Dahyunnie. You will never disturb me.

 

You just didn't know how much I missed you lately.

 

[Dahyun 20.15 pm] Thankyou. uhm, so can we?

 

[Sana 20.015pm] Of course, silly. When?

 

[Dahyun 20.17pm] How about lunch tomorrow?

 

! I shouldn't have accepted his offer! Argh, Nayeon you have to pay this later!

[Sana 20.18pm] . I think, I couldn't make it tomorrow. Sorry

 

[Dahyun 20.19pm] Ah.. that's okay. Really.

 

[Sana 20.20pm] How about the day after tomorrow? I want to meet you too,

Badly.

 

[Dahyun 20.23pm] Of course.

______

 

"So, I said that the ring was in his pocket! You should've seen his expression!"

 

Sometimes, Sana just couldn't find any other responses that might look worthy of showing. Since the beginning, she had only nodded, then smiled. Responding briefly to the story that was brought from the man who looked excited in front of her. She only occasionally sipped her drink, or cut into small pieces of bacon. Smiling and trying to listen to what her date, Mark, is talking about.

 

She just doesn't want to appear overly rude or perhaps unhappy about this plan. So, Sana tried her best not to hurt the nice guy who had also been her friend for the past two years. However, she couldn't deny that there was only one name running through her mind regardless of time and place. And she can only blame Dahyun for all the mess that is in her heart space right now. "Your family sounds nice." Her short comment,

 

"I know, right. You should meet them one day."

 

Why should I? We're not on a relationship or anything specific!

 

"Uhm, sure."

Way too dumb, Sana.

 

"I'll go to the bathroom for a sec." She said as she got up from her seat. Meanwhile, Mark just nodded and said, "Sure."

 

Sana held her breath at once. The figure is now at the end of the restaurant hallway. She had just finished her business in the bathroom when she was about to return to her table. She found the girl who was now walking hand in hand with a red-haired girl.

 

Sana may have thought that her eyesight had worsened. But in fact, it's not. That particular figure that has been wandering on her mind standing there. Right in front of the cashier counter at the end of the hall connected to the dining room.

 

! What if she sees me?

 

Sure enough, when the latter turned her head, she instantly smiled after finding Sana who was frozen with a worried face. Dahyun just didn't understand the situation that Sana was in right now. But, she also couldn't deny how she felt something like lighting a fire of joy when she saw her.

 

"Sana?"

 

Oh, no.

 

Dahyun's now walking towards the girl whose she truly missed lately. It felt like she wanted to hug that figure, but her sanity seemed to have approached first.

 

"You're here." Dahyun said with a perfect smile.

"You, too." Sana replied with a tone of doubt. However, this may sound ridiculous and absurd. But she just didn't want the figure in front of her now to know that she was with someone here.

Hell, this is a scheduled date.

 

What will Dahyun think? or is she just overreacting?

 

"Yeah. I just met an old friend. Here, let me introduce her." Dahyun replied and then called the red-haired girl behind them. "Chaeyong-ah!"

 

Sana found herself getting trapped in a very unfortunate situation right now.

 

"Hey," said the red-haired girl as she stretched out one hand for a shake.

 

"Chaeyeong." She added, Sana then greeted the hand with a smile.

 

"Hey, I'm Sana."

 

"I know," Caheyeong said quickly making Sana raise one eyebrow,

 

"This dwarf told me a lot about you."

 

"YAH!" Dahyun snarled at her best friend. Then the three of them just laughed. With a red tint on both Sana and Dahyun's faces that Chaeyoung could see clearly. She just smiled at the sight.

When the three of them were again immersed in conversation, the voice of someone joining them from behind and it was like a nightmare for Sana right now.

 

“Sana!” She turned her head and once again could only curse the time that had come at a completely wrong time. What to do now, she really didn't know,

Most of her didn't want Dahyun to know who Mark really was. And what are they doing here. She didn't want her to know that she was accompanying someone else. She just felt that she didn't want a misunderstanding between her and Dahyun.

 

"You took so long, so I decided to check myself." He added and then stood near the three of them.

 

Sana could see Dahyun's face, who was now a little confused by Mark's sudden presence. Likewise with Chaeyoung.

 

She immediately felt water slide freely on her forehead. The feeling of chaos that is might come in any second caught her silence.

 

"Oh, Hey." Mark greeted the two girls who were still silent.

 

"Are you guys Sana' friends?"

 

"I'm Mark Bytheway. Her boyfriend."

 

! What's wrong with him!?

 

Sana did not understand what happened to herself. However, her tongue felt like it was getting ripped out off her and she could clearly see the surprised expression mixed with disappointment that was drawn on Dahyun's face.

 

"Ah.. Sorry for interrupting your time," Dahyun replied trying to pull the corners of her lips to smile. She then pulled one of Chaeyeong hands to go with her while throwing one last glance for Sana who was still silent.

 

"I think we should go, see you around, Sana."Said Dahyun before she just stormed off.

 

No, no, no. Not like this, Dahyun-ah.

 

I can't lose you, again.

 

"What are you doing!?"Said Sana as she pushes Mark with both of her palms causing him to surprised by her sudden actions.

 

"I'm not doing anything!"

 

"You don't understand!"Sana succeded in making people turned to see them. Tears began falling off her cheeks.

 

"Just… go."Said Sana as she wiped her tears off and start to chase the figure who might have left the building.

 

"Dahyun-ah!"Sana fell once while chasing that figure who is now trying to speed up her steps.

 

"Dahyun-ah!"And she managed to grab one of the latter's hand and turned her around to see her.

Sana's surprised to find Dahyun's face was already swollen and her eyes were red from crying.

 

"No, no, no. Don't cry, please. You got the wrong idea."

 

It's hurting her to see Dahyun cries, let alone she was the one to blame.

 

Actually, the two young people just didn't understand the screams of their own hearts. These aren't one or two little things that everyone has. The feelings who had been buried for so long, seemed like they were forcing to creep out of their particular hiding places.

Something unfinished.

 

The words that had not yet been spoken.

 

And feelings that are never expressed.

 

"Just leave, Sana. I need some time alone."States Dahyun, her voice now trembling.

 

"And what!? You're going to leave me again, aren't you!?"

 

"Can you at least listen to my explanation?"

 

"There is no explanation. I get that. I don't need to look out for you anymore. You have someone to take care of you."

 

Sana released her tight grip as Dahyun finished her words. Her face immediately showing anger, disappointment, hurt.

 

"You have disappeared for six years, Dahyun-ah! Six years! I've been waiting for you for too long! and this is what I got!?"

 

"You left without a word! I was waiting for you to come back! You promised me to come home!"

 

"And here I am, feeling guilty over something that I did not commit."

 

"Dahyun-ah, hear me out, please... I missed you."Her voice is now shaking, and she couldn't care less about the people who are now looking.

 

She just wants Dahyun to know, that she had been waiting for too long.

 

"Okay."Dahyun replied in between her sobs.

 

"Mark isn't my boyfriend. He's just a friend."

 

Dahyun keeps her face straight, her tears won't stop falling and it hurts Sana even more.

 

"My best friends always forced me to go out and see someone else! They just didn't understand how I've always found myself falling for the same person in my past. They just didn't understand how it feels like to wait for that person in six ing years!"

 

"Well, Dahyun-ah. I guess I was just afraid that you might be the only one. I'm afraid that I can't be with someone that I love and cherish so much, and it's you."

 

"Do you remember? I've chosen to be your friend."

 

"But falling for you was out of my control."

 

"You know, sometimes I hate myself for still waiting for you. Waiting for impossible thing to happen."

 

"But you came back. You're here. And I'm still falling in love with those eyes. With you."

 

"Honestly, I feel really stupid."

 

"But I don't really care about all that. About all those bull things they've always told me that it was just my young stupid love."

 

"I need you."

 

"Please, stay.."

 

Dahyun was really surprised when she heard it all from the figure of the girl who was right in front of her. She could feel something like a squeeze against her heart. Feeling her blood that seemed to stopped rushing every time Sana finished her bluntly statements. She never imagined that the girl would say those words. Not today. A word like she love her too, as much as she does. Dahyun thought, she was the one who falls for her best friend, she was the one who felt it. Sana seemed to have spelled her to fall, no matter how long she was gone, how hard she tried to get rid of it. A person who had never left her messy head day and night in nearly six years. The same name that always crossed her mind every time she does something. A figure that can never be erased even for a moment.

 

Like a very beautiful dream that approached her first. She thought she had lost that figure for a while. She thought, she would never be able to hear those words from Sana.

 

Dahyun immediately pulled her body to be embraced. She could feel Sana burst into tears on her shoulder as the guilt growing inside of her for making this girl cry. She felt so stupid for breaking her promise not to hurt Sana in any way possible.

 

But here she is, letting Sana wait for her in a very long time and came back just to causes more pain. However, some part of her feels very, very grateful for this. She could tell that the latter's feeling the same. Heaven seems to have chosen to answer her prayers.

 

Or ... at least she could have Sana beside her for a little longer.

 

If allowed, she just wanted time to stop.

 

"I'm sorry."

 

"I missed you, and it hurts, Sana-chan"

 

Dahyun let go of her embrace and stared at those sad eyes softly.

 

"I'm sorry for doing this."Said Dahyun,

 

The girl's eyes widened when she felt Dahyun's lips touch hers. Sana closed her eyes and kissed her back. Their kisses were light, careful, and neither of them had any objections to it. It's okay to let this go slowly.

 

"I'm madly in love with you, Minatozaki." Dahyun whispered on the girl's lips after she broke their kiss.

 

Sana just nodded, she smiled. Her breath was short. "I know."

 

Dahyun wanted to know if she could do it again,

 

“I like kissing you.” She added smiling when she saw Sana flushed and looked down shyly. "We should do it more often."

Maybe it’s the little things Dahyun did, or said. Sana thought.

Or whatever that is, she’ll make sure to keep her close,

for a little longer.

 

Waiting is one sign of true love

 

Anyone can confess love,

 

But not everyone can wait and prove it's real.

____