Your Stares

Little Things

 

Little Sana is still running around the lake which somehow seems very quiet. It's not like the other day where she will find some couples or families will be by the lake and enjoying the afternoon. But not today. However, deep in her little heart, she felt grateful. Because if it was crowded, sometimes she could not play with the geese because she had to compete with other children to play. It's been 8 years since Little Sana and her family live in this neighborhood. There were only a few people occupying each building. However, when she was a teenager, many began to be interested in this area because of its complete facilities and a very beautiful environment. This housing is equipped with a lake, her favorite flower garden. Also buildings such as cafes and others. Making her almost every day always visits the places to just play after school.

 

Minatozaki Sana is a little girl who is so cheerful every day. Never complained, even if the conditions and situation of her family did not always run like the fairy tales she read every night. However, she knows, that nothing is perfect in this world except the flowers that are always blooming in her favorite garden. She's so crazy about it. In fact, her parents know where to look for their little angel after school. Because, almost every day the little girl will be on one of the park benches, or in the middle of a meadow full of flowers. She had always loved how the flowers would blossom, blooming beautifully as the seasons passed. At times, she would cut her fingers by touching the thorny flowers. However, Sana is still Sana. She will not feel deterred, because her love for flowers is too deep. 

 

She doesn't really have many friends. That's why she loves to be alone and spending her time drawing flowers that catches her eyes. She loves how beautiful the colors always lay before her. She just couldn't stop herself from falling in love with the sight that kept coming through her head and then descending into her heart. If she could choose, she just wanted time to stop every time she was under the orange sky, amidst the thousands of flowers that were standing silently staring at her alone.

 

"Are you okay?"Sana looked up to see someone smiling and offering one of her hands to be grabbed. Her vision's blurred thanks to the sunshine behind the latter.

But the next second, Sana's vision becomes clearer and all she's seeing now is a little girl around her age with a pretty face along with her sharp eyes and beautiful smile. She seems worried.

 

Little Sana feeling her cheeks warmer at those sights.

"You're hurt." that little girl bends down to reach her. Something about her voice sounds soothing and it kinda makes her forget the pain she's feeling. Little Sana even forgets how to blink.

 

Finding the figure of little Sana whose now just dead in silence the little girl got confused."Hey."She said, waving one hand in front of little Sana's face

 

"Oh…"Little Sana's awake from her daydream.

 

The little girl gives her a smile, "Can you stand up?"She asks as one of her hand landings on little Sana's left arm causing her a bit startled by the gesture. It feels weird for little Sana, because when another friend was touching her she had never felt this kind of electricity running through her body. But why is it different now?

 

"Uh…"

 

"Here, let me help you." said the little girl as she tries to help her stand up but little Sana can't deny the fact that she's now facing such unbearable pain on her ankle. So she had no other choice but to accept help from the stranger.

Little Sana is leaning her petite frame against the girl she just met a few seconds ago. They walked side by side with one arm that had to rest on the shoulder of the little girl.

 

"We should reach that bench over there." the little girl said as she leads little Sana to walk slowly but surely to the bench, which located under a big tree by the lake.

 

"I will put some cream, is that okay?"Ask the little girl who now seems busy searching for something from her backpack. Little Sana can only bite her upper lips and nodding. "Okay."

 

Little Sana can only be staring as the other girl doing what she said to put some cream on her ankle, with a gentle and soft touch that she just happens to like. She just couldn't hold back this weird feeling on her stomach every time the little girl's soft hand touching her skin.

 

"It's done."

 

"You really don't talk much, huh?"Ask the little as she chuckled. You just didn't know how chatty I can be with my other friends.

 

"I'm Dahyun. Kim Dahyun. And you?"Said the little girl as she offered a handshake. Little Sana is hesitating to reach that hand.

 

Little Sana's hands are little shaking and it makes the latter chuckled as she reached out Sana's trembling hands first.

 

"Why are you shaking? I'm not a monster here. Are you scared?"

 

"It's not like that.."

 

"Okay, so…?"

"Can you stop staring at me like that? Your sharp eyes are intimidating."Sana's honest answer got Dahyun a little surprised.

 

"Really? Everyone said it was calming."

 

"No. My mom said a person with sharp eyes might be having bad intentions towards you."

 

"I don't need your help."Sana added,

 

What came from Sans's mouth got Dahyun silent for a second, she stands up and staring at Sana with a look of slight disbelief. Her two beautiful eyes are now looked watery. Maybe it was because the words of a person she had just met slightly hurting her. She is just a little girl who wants to make friends and help others.

 

However, in contrast to little Sana. She felt something squeeze her chest as she saw the tears coming down on Dahyun's cheek. She can clearly see the hurt of the girl's stare before the latter turned back and started running, realizing that she did something wrong Little Sana started panicking and automatically run after her. However, Sana once again fell because of the unbearable pain around her ankle.

 

She remained seated in the middle of a beautiful meadow while also shedding tears.

 

_____

"You told her that?"Ask her mom as she chuckled. She rubs the top of her daughter's head and smile,

 

"Of course she ran."

 

"Sana, not all the people with sharp eyes have bad intentions like your uncle. Some of them have a sharp yet beautiful gaze you'll ever see, which somehow makes you feel calm amidst the noise outside."

 

“Tell me. Did you see it on her?"

 

Little Sana tried to remember Dahyun's gaze that filled with worry when she saw her fall. That sincere gaze was also soothing no matter which side it was to look at.

 

"Because, you know. You'll never find that gaze on every person, Sana. Only certain person that might come around on a few pages of your book"

 

"There might be a chance that you didn't get to see them until the end of your story."

 

"You don't want that to happen, do you?"

 

Little Sana nods slowly. She was determined to find the girl again.

_______

 

Since that day, Sana will always pray to heaven to grant her a chance to see that little girl again. Almost every single day for the whole month Sana will find herself sitting on the very same bench at the very same place where Dahyun brought her and took care of her bruises. However, the latter never showed up. Little Sama started to think that it's useless and she just wanted to give up.

 

Like any other day, Sana could only look at the beautiful meadow in front of her as she occasionally glanced at her ankle which was injured.

 

Maybe, I'll never see her again. 

 

This is my fault.

 

Little Sana leaning her back against the bench park, closing her eyes and sigh. At that very moment, she no longer felt the exposure of her face touched by the afternoon sun. She knows that someone is standing right in front of her. So she slowly opened her eyes to see that particular figure she had been waiting for almost every day, under the orange sky. She smiled warmly, looking at her with sincerity.

 

"So, I guess, your bruises are getting better?"Dahyun asks her softly. She's there. Standing in front of her with those very same eyes who now looking back at her.

 

Meanwhile, little Sana who was still in shock because of her presence could only blink once. Her eyes show sparkles, her smile grows wilder at this sight.

 

The light indeed comes around every time someone feels like losing hope and about to give up.

 

"I was looking for you," Said Sana as Dahyun making herself sitting beside her.

 

"Really?" she just couldn't believe what she just heard.

 

"Why?"Asked her again

 

"I was wrong. You didn't have bad intentions, you just wanted to help."

 

"That's it?”

 

Little Sana nods slowly, "That wasn't an appropriate thing to say to the person who had helped you. I'm sorry, Dahyun.

 

Hearing her name came out of Sana's lips makes Dahyun's smile is getting wilder "Apology accepted, Sana."

 

Little Sana turned to see her, "How do you know my name? I've never told you.”

 

"I've heard your mother calling your name to come back almost every day."

_______

 

"Dahyunnie!!"

 

"You got your own ice cream!"Sana's now pouting at her best friend. A bit pissed because she just stole her chocolate ice cream by it without asking for her permission.

 

"Yours is tastier, Sana-chan."Replied Dahyun as she sticks her tongue out and chuckled

 

"That's why I told you to ordered the chocolate flavored instead!"

 

However, the latter precisely teasing her best friend as she once again the coned ice cream causing Sana could only keep her not-so delighted face but eventually she chose to ignore Dahyun and let her do whatever she wants. In fact, she gets to see Dahyun's cute face up close. So, it's a win-win for her.

 

Eventually, they spent the afternoon in the park together, well not like together-together because Sana keeps herself busy with her books while Dahyun put her head on Sana's lap and just nap. Sana will find herself smiling as she softly rubs the sleeping beauty's hair. Dahyun looks incredibly stunning under the afternoon sunlight.

Both of them found a lot in common as well as the differences between them. Dahyun realized that Sana is actually quite the opposite of her. She doesn't really talk much unless they're hanging out in the garden and surrounded by various flowers. Her eyes would shine and radiate excessive admiration when it finds a very beautiful flower that is sometimes not visible in the vast expanse of the garden. Sana would immediately gasp in awe while saying "Woah" and little Dahyun could not help but chuckle every time Sana was like that.

 

"Here." Dahyun held out a flower stalk, made Sana turned her head, and stared at the flower for a few seconds.

 

"Alstroemeria," Dahyun added with a smile

 

"Still some kind of Peruvian lily, your favorite."

 

"My mother said, the meaning of the name of this flower is loyalty and friendship.”

 

"I want us to be friends for a very long time, Sana." Little Sana could only nod cheerfully while grabbing the flower stalk.

 

She had time to inhale the aroma for a while before giving her best smile to Dahyun. "Thank you, Dahyunnie.."

__________

 

Sana pulled the corner of her lips to smile as her eyes never leaving her phone screen, She just replied to her best friend's text.

 

[Dahyun 08.07am] You looked beautiful today.

 

[Sana 08.10am] You didn't even see me.

 

[Dahyun 08.13am] Don't have to.

 

[Dahyun 08.13am] Meet me at the park by 4?

 

[Sana 08.15am] Of course. See you, silly.

 

She just can't hide her smile as it grows wilder. Maybe, just maybe this kind of fluttering happens because she's having her puberty which she can easily feel happy and sad that sometimes could cross its line without her knowing what's behind all that. Sana herself surprised why she would instantly smiling when it came to Dahyun. Their friendship has finally reached 7 years since the very first time they met at age 8. Both of them are always sticking around each other ever since and had planted hundreds of flowers in the garden.

 

The two teenagers just continue to feel that feeling of wanting to be together every time. No matter what. Sana herself, she could feel her world that would turn upside down in a beautiful sense of way with Dahyun by her side. It would make it a little difficult for her not to see that face for too long. Once, when Dahyun and her family had to go out of town for two months, she just kept hoping and praying that the figure would quickly return home and be with her again. Sana could not even hold back her longing when that figure stood five steps away from her. Hugged her tightly while sinking her face into the brown-haired girl's shoulder.

 

She wishes someone could explain what really happened to her and she will be very grateful.

 

"Well! Is it true he just blurted our his feelings?" Asked Sana as she widened her eyes. Dahyun who was still watering some flower pots just laughed.

 

"I know, right? I think he's crazy." She answered, still chuckling. Not realizing that Sana's facial expression has now changed. There are images of worry as well as feelings that she cannot explain herself.

 

"Then.. what did you give as an answer?"

 

Dahyun turned to her, "What else? I see him as a friend, Sana. He just doesn't want to give up."

Hearing that, Sana's smile grew again. She could feel the weight that had fallen on her shoulders felt like it was lifted up just like that. It can't be denied how she felt sorry for Jaehyun's figure.

 

However, she is still relieved because her best friend had just rejected him.

 

Maybe I'm a little selfish if it's all about you, Dahyun-ah ..

 

Sana then felt the chair next to her now sway a little. She turned her head to find Dahyun who was now leaning back while letting out her rough breath.

 

"I did something reasonable, right?" She asked softly as she looked at Sana right at her weakest point. The two hazel eyes of the latter's that Dahyun knows will be very difficult to find a way out if she has drowned there.

 

Sana looked back. For a moment, they just looked at each other.

 

"I..." Sana didn't have time to finish her words. Dahyun has touched her best friend's face with the back of her hand. Caress it with slow and gentle movements. Made Sana a little surprised by her sudden movement.

 

"You do, realize that you have a beautiful pair of eyes, right?" Dahyun said quietly, not leaving her gaze on the two eyes.

Again, Sana cursed herself for feeling like a very idiot when Dahyun was praising her. It felt like there was chaos inside that she didn't know the exact cause. All she knew, a flurry of happiness could only come suddenly just because of the little things Dahyun did or said to her.

 

Am I the only one who feels it, Dahyun-ah?

 

Maybe, this time she really had gone crazy because now she managed to feel Dahyun beside her close the distance between them. In fact, Sana began to see Dahyun's entire face at a very close distance. She was completely lost to the meaning of the girl who was now in front of her. She could feel Dahyun's warm breath.

 

She could clearly see that sight which was now oriented to her lips.

 

Is she…?

 

“Dahyun-ah!” Called the young man’s voice from a distance and it succeeded to made Dahyun pulled back. Leaving Sana, who is still frozen, trying to digest the things that happened so fast and so suddenly.

 

The brown-haired teenage girl then turned her head, followed by Sana who was also looking for the source of the voice. The two of them found Jaehyun standing not far from the garden gazebo.

 

"Wait here," She said softly, while gently rubbing the back of Sana's hand and smiling.

 

Meanwhile, Sana, who was still a little surprised, nodded weakly without saying a word.

 

She continued to pay attention to Dahyun's figure who walked away to get to the boy who had a slightly taller posture than them. She understands very well how Dahyun and Jaehyun's relationship is also pretty close. In fact, with all her stupidity, she could feel herself drowning in such deep jealousy just to find them alone.

 

Sana cursed herself for that.

 

Without taking her eyes off the figure of Dahyun who now looks chatting, Sana still sat down. 

 

With a million questions that felt like running in her head.

 

she felt so confused and lost.

 

It's completely the opposite of the fairy tales I've read when I was a kid. In fairy tales, it will be very easy to find a prince charming and he is everything I want.

 

But, at this time. I realized that the prince was not as easy to find as I thought.

 

It's not even a he. It's a she!

 

She does not wear a crown and rides a horse.

 

Instead, she is very cute, fascinates me, and has beautiful brown eyes.

 

She's not even a prince.

 

Why?

 

At that moment, Sana managed to catch something that she did not expect. She could only remain silent feeling the pain slowly expanding. Tearing every part of her heart to the smallest pieces.

She widened her eyes when Jaehyun kissed Dahyun's lips by pulling her face. Sana could not deny how messy the state of her heart space now found Dahyun just stood there letting it happen.

She then got up from her seat. Regardless of the tears that now wet her cheeks. She ran. Leaving the park and all the nightmares that had just happened before her eyes.

____________

 

Dahyun didn't know how much longer to remain under the rain, which made her feel cold and had a nagging headache. She could only continue to stand in front of Sana's house, hoping that the girl would come out and talk to her. She hadn't even had time to say her purpose in the park to meet the girl this afternoon. She did not convey her meaning until she found the bench was empty and there was no longer a seated Sana.

 

Dahyun immediately ran away from the park with Jaehyun bowed regretfully. Full of disappointment as well as the wound in his heart because of Dahyun's repeated rejection.

 

Dahyun even fell and hurt her leg when she ran to Sana's house. However, it all didn't hurt as much as she now finds Sana open the door with a swollen face as it is painted with wounds.

 

"You let him kissed you!"

 

"I'm sorry…"

"Don't be." Sana said last as she slammed the door in front of her best friend who could only look down.

 

Still, Dahyun never understood the situations she often faced like now. Although, this time she really was on the verge of intense confusion and guilt. She did not know why she felt like she had hurt Sana by letting Jaehyun kissed her in front of her best friend.

 

She didn't know why she felt regret and guilt stabbing her heart when she saw the tears drop from her best friend's eyelids.

 

She was still waiting there with the hope that almost disappeared.

 

Since that day, Dahyun has never found herself excited about going to the garden again. She never had another smile on her lips for several weeks.

 

Obviously, the source of her happiness has always been running from her. She was never with Sana again, assuming that the girl did not want to see her again for a million reasons. Dahyun will find herself shedding tears while staring at their photo frame together in the garden. She will only be silent for a long time to remember the memories they spent all these years. Crying and asking why things got so messy before she could even process. It was only a matter of days for her to leave this city. However, with all her stupidity, she still could not tell Sana about her move.

Even though they went to the same school, Dahyun found it is very difficult to meet the girl. 

 

Sana will usually turn away and walk past her just like that. In fact, she would deliberately hold the hand of a male classmate and walk down the hall together. The whole school is talking about how both of them are started dating each other.

 

And Dahyun couldn't lie to herself if she felt the pain that always crawled out of her heart every time she saw the two of them. And every time Dahyun was near her, Sana just couldn't stop herself from running away from that figure while holding a secret that no one knew.

 

Including herself.

_________

 

"She just left," Said the stranger, and she could only be silent. Don't know what she could explain rationally now. Because again, she felt devastated for the umpteenth time.

This is not the plan. It's not like supposed to be like this.

 

Sana sat on a park bench in the middle of a vast expanse of flower garden under the evening sky. It felt like it had been quite a while since she was last here. She remembered very well, to see her best friend with someone else.

 

And she just left without giving her a clear reason.

 

She knew that Dahyun would always be here. So Sana, as much as possible not to return to the same place. Knowing that her heart will continue to choose that figure despite situations and times that never took their side.

She was angry with herself. She was angry that she couldn't manage her own feelings. She felt like the most selfish and stupid at the same time.

 

However, it was better for her to stay away from that figure than to let the feeling grows. Like forbidding the lily to bloom in the spring. And Sana knows, no matter how hard she tries. In the end, the flowers will continue to grow and bloom magnificently.

 

"A man bought twelve flowers. The first eleven flowers are real. But the last flower is fake. Then, he said to his lover. I will love and cherish you, until the last flower dies."

 

Sana's smile grew wildly, she chuckled while elbowing her best friend softly,

 

"Cheesy, Dahyun-ah."

 

Then the two of them laughed together under the burning orange sky at the equator. Only flowers surrounded them, watching the two young people who had yet to find answers to their questions.

 

Sana massaged her forehead which suddenly felt throbbing.

Knowing that Dahyun wasn't by her side should be enough. However, knowing that figure was now thousands of miles away from her for a long time, somehow the old wound seemed to be opened again. She only hoped that someone could stop herself from running near the chaos.

 

What she regretted the most was, she couldn't at least say goodbye before the figure actually left the city. She only wanted to once again hear that voice which always succeeded in calming her down.

 

She missed that figure who never failed to make her laugh with funny jokes and cheesy pick lines. She missed the figure of Dahyun who was always by her side, being the most important person in her life even in a very small way. In fact, if millions of things in this world went wrong, Dahyun would be the only one who made everything okay again. That's the reason why Sana never stops being grateful because she has Dahyun who is always by her side and never left.

 

However, things were different and she knew she could never change it again. If only she didn't feel that. Feelings that shouldn't be there in the very first place. She definitely wouldn't lose that figure so quickly. As if taken from her just because of carelessness. Sana began to realize that this was all her fault. She shouldn't be so selfish about that figure. She shouldn't be the only one expecting that figure at all times. This is all her fault. Everything was messy, and she could only regret her actions. And her feelings.

 

Hundreds of flowers have withered with one touch.

 

She spreads her gaze. Aware that there is something different on the gazebo walls. She stepped her feet to approach the wood carving which is now displayed beside the garden lamp. She never remembered this thing existed before. Sana slightly narrowed her eyes when she found that the wood carving was engraved in a stanza after verse in wet ink.

 

I've met a girl that made me want to go outside and take a long walk to see the sunset. And she smells like flowers, reminds me of daisy and she talks about universe.

 

And she's not just some sad story told twice over, she's fascinating and I fall in love for her a million times a day, over and over again

 

and…

 

I'm scared less.

 

You'll meet her, she's very pretty, even though sometimes she's sad for many days at a time.

 

You'll see, when she smiles. you'll love her.

 

Her name is, Minatozaki Sana.

 

Sana could not deny that she was so surprised when she recognized this writing style. She even had time to pause for a moment as she returned to make sure that her eyes now caught something real. Her tears just escaped, wetting her two reddish cheeks. She then turned around, regaining her gaze. Sanding a prayer to heaven that maybe that figure is still here even though it sounds so stupid.

 

Sana had to fall on the park bench as she shedding her tears once again when that hope was just a miracle.

 

She didn't know… she didn't even notice that the figure felt the same way.

 

I… am not the only one, Dahyun-ah?

She could only sit there while sobbing softly, in the middle of the garden under  the afternoon sunlight that suddenly became gloomy. Without the slightest notice of that figure who was now watching her from a distance, with tears that had also wet her face all this time. 

 

Then she turned and walked away from the garden. Avoid all the pain that is always bearable in the gut. Leaving her best friend with a million questions that may now haunt her.

 

Sana, who was still dissolved in her tears, grabbed her cell phone which had just started rattling, indicating an incoming message. She was shocked again when she read the name on the screen.

 

[Dahyun 16.57pm]

 

I just want you to love me the way the flowers loves the sun.

 

I'm sorry. We'll meet again,

 

I promise.

____

 

"You'll never get tired of going back there, huh?"Asked Mrs. Minatozaki as she shaking her head in disbelief. While her daughter who now chewing her gummies just shrug. Sana's now a college student who majored in Fashion Design.

 

"How can I? That place means everything for me, Mom."

 

"Of course."Her mom smiled,

 

 "Do you by any chance waiting for someone?"She said as she put a smirk on her lips while looking at her only daughter. Sana turned and gave her mother a look of annoyed. "Mom."

"Okay, okay. Sorry."Her mother chuckled. She knows the answer already.

 

"You go, I'll make dinner fast."

___

"Sana!"She turned to found her best friend who is now panting as she slightly running towards her.

 

"Oh, Nayeon-ah!"

 

"I've been calling you for what!? A hundred times! Yah! Are you that deaf!?"She said breathlessly now standing in front of her. Sana could only roll her eyes quickly as her response.

 

"Oh please, don't talk nonsense."

 

"Whatever, where are you going?"

 

"Park."For a moment Nayeong looked at her in disbelief.

 

"You've spent almost half of your life there! What the !? What’s in there anyway?"

 

"Nothing."

 

"Then, why!?"

 

"You know I love flowers."

"There is something else, isn't it?"Now is Sana's turn to silent. She was thinking about the answer she could possibly give. She can't tell her best friend her real reason, not now. She promised herself that this is one of her biggest secret that she needs to bury down to her grave.

 

"No."

 

"Liar."

 

"Whatever, I'm going. "Sana replied as she stepped her foot away from her best friend who is now pouting. 

 

"Yah! Don't forget about Taecyeon Oppa's party tonight!"Said Nayeon louder, But again, Sana chose to ingores her.  

 

 ____

 

It has been almost six years since the last time she saw that figure who she missed so dearly. However, she has never received any news from her old friend. Assuming that she has changed her email and telephone number.

 

Sana could not do anything but wait and wait, just as the latter promised to return.

 

She still holds on to those words every day. So, every time she opened her eyes, she always believed that the figure would come home. Although that faith seems to be running out over time.

 

However, Sana still believed in that figure who never broke her promise at all.

 

She knew it was all a matter of time.

_____

 

"What !? You must be joking!"

 

"I'm not!" Sana knows it's not a good idea for her to tell this to her best friends.

 

“Okay. Give me a minute.” Momo said while trying to digest all of her best friend's stories. "You turned down lots of good men for just one person?"

 

"That's not an important thing!" Nayeon interrupted. "What really matters is, you're in love with your middle school best friend who happened to be a girl!?"

 

"Think about it Sana. You two were still teenagers at the time. Who knew if it was just a girl crush thing? You know what I mean."

 

"You guys, simply don't get it."

 

"Make us understand, then." Nayeon said crossing her arms across her chest. Sana took a rough breath. She just couldn't handle this topic with her two stubborn friends.

 

"I fell in love without knowing what love really is. I still feel that. I still fall in love with that person because nothing can make me feel something like she did to me, you know. She’s like someone who comes to offer the whole universe when I only asked for one planet from her. "

 

"But you both were too young for love, Sana!"

 

"So, is young love still stupid if we had old souls?"

 

"But you're not middle school students anymore, for god sake!"

 

"What if she's even happily with someone else? Did you even think about that?"

 

"Don't waste your time waiting for something uncertain, Sana."

_____

 

Sana could only look down. She turned her gaze to the evening sky. She hated how her friend's words were able to affect her defensive wall like this. Moreover, most of their words were true. She started to think that she had to stop all this. Maybe Momo and Nayeon were right, she was just waiting for the impossible to come back. Not to mention, the image where she had to imagine that the figure might have found someone beside her, leaving her who was still trapped in the past that kept haunting her every time she opened her eyes. However, it couldn't be denied that every little piece of her heart, still expecting that figure to come home. 

 

Maybe they are right, Dahyun-ah.

 

"You're getting more and more beautiful each day, Sana-chan." For the sake of seashells, Sana is now stopping her steps. She fell silent right after the sound broke through her eardrums. She could not deny the space in her heart that seemed to explode at any time. On the other hand, she is also not sure that her hearing system may have worsened.

 

How could she not, this is like lightning in broad daylight that struck first. No one ever called her that other than one person. One person who can turn her life upside down with the snap of a finger. One person she doubted would return in the near future especially at this moment.

 

With all the courage and passionate curiosity. The girl turned around.

 

"Hey." The figure smiled.

 

And Sana knows, she can die anytime.

 

How could she not!? They met at least when they were at the end of junior high school and they mutually admitted to falling in love with each other. Her memories flashes back on her mind. 

And for the millionth time, Sana thought that she was now dreaming.

 

The person who had just crushed her hopes was now there.

 

That figure is real now. Breathing in the corner. She watched the figure for a moment, the brown hair that the girl had, now hanging down long under her shoulders. Slightly smiling but warmly looking at her. She swore, that figure was even more beautiful and charming as her face which now looked mature. The teenager's stature is gone. There was only Kim Dahyun, with all her perfection standing there. The figure that she knows, in the near future, will repeatedly destroy her heart for the umpteenth time.

 

She came back when that hope had remained lost. She came home when everything seemed uncertain and deadlocked.

 

Sometimes, some people expect a second chance.

 

Because they just weren't ready at the first one.