Part 1

1/Promotion 2/My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Here is your glass of champagne, Miss Kim," the attending waiter uttered as he placed the wine glass on the table. 

"Thank you," Kim Taeyeon responded while returning a slight smile. The waiter gave a bow and excused himself from the table.

It is already her third glass but she still feels sober as ever. It seems the alcohol content of her drink is not enough to make her mind pay no heed to the speeches of business leaders across different economic sectors. Being a Chief Executive Officer and major shareholder of the largest retail conglomerate in the country, she should attend as a representative for such an event, the 2020 Seoul Business Summit Conference. 

'Dull and boring,' she thought. It has only been an hour passed since the conference started and she already wanted to leave the place.

'Very non-productive,' she thought. She could be back in the office and focused on more important things in the business. Product launch, business expansion, additional investments... she has a lot on her plate right now. Yet, she is forced to be stuck here doing basically nothing.

'Six more hours,' she thought, 'and this will be over.'

A few moments later, a short open forum was initiated. Typical as it is, other business representatives were eager to participate in the discussion of the major challenges given the emerging global economic realities. For Taeyeon, it is another series of uninteresting brags and proposals from the other businessmen, as if it is to aide the country's economic growth. In reality, it is all for the sake of making their reputation be appealing to the public.

She intended not to listen any longer and let her mind drift off to somewhere else. However, her attention was caught by a sweet and delicate voice which has resonated in the conference hall. It was the woman's turn to give off a speech of her views on technology and innovation. Taeyeon gazed over the large LED screen at the stage and saw the owner of the angelic voice. She felt her heart skipped a beat. 

'She is beautiful,' she wandered her eyes around the hall to look for her in person. She found her standing three tables away from her. 'The camera didn't even do justice on her beauty. She's more exquisite in real life,' she thought. Just by gazing at the woman made her feel the warmth. Just by listening to her made her feel calm. 'Her voice is like a lullaby.'

Yet, who would have thought that the beautiful woman would gaze at her direction? Their eyes met. The warmth sensation went up to Taeyeon's ears. She felt her vulnerability. With that, she quickly looked away. 

"She is such a pretty woman," another businessman at her table uttered. The other person responded, "Isn't she the newly appointed CEO of Eclare?"

"The conglomerate owning high-end shopping malls? Yes, she is. And so I heard she's a bachelorette." the former said.

Eclare. The name of the conglomerate is familiar to her. In fact, it is very, very familiar. Being in the same field of retail, Eclare is her direct competitor. And with the thought, she remembered the name.

Jessica. Jessica Jung.

It was the name spread over the news in the past month concerning the change of management of her rival conglomerate. The young woman took over t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter