•i•

A Diplomatic Marriage
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hyukjae walked down the aisle in his white omegan suit and stopped as his father unhooked their arms and handed him over to his 'husband'. His almost beta spouse gave his almost father-in-law a smile as he turned to his almost omega. They look at it each other as they say their vows. The husband inwardly grins at Hyukjae's solemn face as they vow to each other, for the rest of their lives. They go to the balcony to wave at the cheering crowds. 

Then they head back inside to hold the more private celebration with dukes, barons, popes, bishops and their extended family. Finally the union is over and the only thing left is...

consummation.

The newlyweds head to the bedroom as they are followed by a small crowd. The pair get into bed together as the others leave the room to give them some 'privacy'. They both take off their socks and they touch eachothers bare foot with their own. That was it. The marrige was 'consummated'.

* * *

Hyukjae grumbled at the thought of the proxy wedding with his cousin in his carriage. It was not what he had hoped for as a young child. He was told of fairytales and charming princes. Not proxy weddings. But atleast he wasn't actually marrying his cousin. He thinks.

 

Now he was all alone in this poor excuse of a cirus cart. Atleast on those there would be at least someone to talk to. On this lavish clown cart, he only has his diary. The newlywed thought about his loneliness which turned to saddness as he thought of his family back home.

He was not too close with his family. He was the third omega of his father, after some betas, most of which had died hours after birth. Oh, and those many miscarriages and stillborns. Some of these were twins; even triplets. The one who lived longest, he supposed, was Hyejin, his older beta sister who he had gotten along with greatly. She was only sixteen and was going to be married but then she got infected and eventually died. Her death after the epidemic had haulted his engagement to his beloved. Infact, that's why he was wed to the prince instead.

After all his lost children, Hyukjae's father and mother had involved themselves in their remaining children's lives as their last child they could have together, his younger alpha brother was born when his parents were old. Wasn't that... eleven years ago maybe? He wasn't that close with Junseop, to be frankly honest. But his parents sudden affection was aimed mostly at his younger brothers and sisters as after years of solitude, he would prefer to reside in his chambers when he was out of lessons, painting, drawing or playing music.

Despite not being so close with his mother and father, he still loved them deeply. Not that he would ever say that outloud. It wasn't something you did for anyone but your spouse. Whether you actually had feelings for them or not. He then thought about his new husband, Donghae. Would he treat him kindly? Was he as tender and smart and handsome as Hyejin had told him? He could only hope that any feeling of hatred was avoided.

She did tell him that he was a tender young man. He willed himself to n

Please log in to read the full chapter