Dream

We'll Be Alright - Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seoul was snowing a lot since the morning. Cold was an understatement, it was freezing. Joohyun pulled the blankets—yes blankets, five layers—over her chin, and tightened them around her body. She bent her knees and hugged them close, curling like a sleeping cat. She thought that would give her more warmth but it was still freezing.

If Seungwan was here, she thought. 

Seungwan would rub her palms on Irene's arms, or wrap her in a warm hug. Sometimes she would blow warm breath on her neck too. 

But Seungwan was miles away.

 

———

 

The band was long stopped promoting. Three years ago. They were now doing individual projects and barely had time to meet each other.

Last time they properly meet—the five of them—was two months ago. Sooyoung had to come late because the shooting of her drama and Seulgi's flight from Japan got delayed. Yerim on the other hand had to leave early for another schedule. 

That night, Seungwan told them that she's moving back to Canada. And Joohyun was heartbroken. 

 

"Why didn't you tell me first?"

Joohyun asked as they exited the parking lot. Seungwan had offered to drive Joohyun back home. To Daegu, approximately three hours from Seoul. Inside the cramped space of her range rover, Seungwan never felt so small. Not when Joohyun was raging beside her. 

"I wanted to tell the girls, too, unnie-" 

"But you could've told me first!" Joohyun cut her off. 

Joohyun hated surprises and Seungwan knew it. She knew her better than anyone else. Why didn't I tell her first, Seungwan thought. Right, she didn't know how to. She had a feeling that Joohyun would be upset if she told her she's leaving. 

But why would she? 

"I'm sorry, okay?" Seungwan didn't even know what she was sorry for: not telling her beforehand or leaving. 

Joohyun didn't say anything after. 

 

An hour and a half of the journey, Seungwan thought Joohyun was sleeping. A song she didn't remember the title of was playing and she didn't even pay attention to it. So she reached her hand out to lower the volume of the speaker. 

As she about to pull her hand, Joohyun hand grasped hers. It started o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter