Breeze

We'll Be Alright - Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene and Wendy, walking home together after practice. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

"Where are you?"

 

Wendy was reading a song lyric when a notification pops out on her phone screen. It was Irene. Her bandmate, her unnie, her best friend.

 

"I'm in the 4th floor practice room. Where are you, Unnie?" Wendy replied. 

"I just finished practicing with Seulgi, but she went back first. Can I come there?"

 

Wendy squinted her eyes at the clock just above the door. It showed 1.50, almost 2 in the morning. She didn't realize she had been practicing for about three hours. Irene unnie must be tired from the dance practice too, she thought.

 

"Just wait downstairs, Unnie, I'm done practicing anyway. Let's walk home together", she typed while walking to the door.

 

 

Irene was sitting in a sofa beside elevator, typing on her phone. She looked up quickly when the elevator dinged. She was about to greet the person but it turned out it was not Wendy. She held her laugh for her own silliness.

When the elevator dinged again, she just sat there and waited. Wendy appeared, wearing her favorite oversized hoodie and a worn out baseball cap. Irene watched Wendy looking around for her and smiled.

Wendy spotted Irene standing up from the sofa. Walking towards her with a beam in her face. Wendy walked up to Irene too, meeting her in the middle.

 

"Do you want to walk or call a cab?" Wendy asked as they approach the exit door. Irene said the weather seemed good, and they chose to walk. 

 

After a little bit of walking, the wind was chilly. A little bit too cold for Irene's liking. She prefer a hot and sunny daylight than a cold and dark late night like this. Except with Wendy, her warm Wendy. 

 

"Looks like the weather forecast is wrong. Are you cold, Unnie?" Wendy laughed at her, but immediately asking her if she's cold. Irene wanted to say no, just because she didn't want to lose to Wendy's teasing. But it was just the two of them, so she didn't mind. She nodded and laughed sheepishly at Wendy.

"It's not my fault. The weather seemed just fine a while ago and-" I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter