Chapter IV

Dear Nana, I N-CITY #3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Do you know when I said I felt like fainting?

Well, I did.

I woke up groggily, my eyesight focusing on the white ceiling as I stirred. I tried to move my fingers just to feel someone gripping them, his fingers intertwined in mine and my legs felt weak. My head didn’t hurt, thankfully; but I was having trouble trying to understand what was going on because my memories were scattered.

The last thing I remembered was that I was in the café with Jaemin and… my eyes flew open and I jolted up to see Jaemin by the side of the bed, his head down while he napped peacefully. His hands covered mine and I blushed profusely, thinking of ways to leave the nurse's room without waking him up.

But it seemed like my movement had woken him up and Na Jaemin looked up at me sleepily before slowly stretching, his hand still gripping mine. Realization settled that he was Nana and he was the person I have been talking to all along. I coughed, Na Jaemin standing up to lean forward and press his palm against my forehead.

“No fever,” he commented, sitting back down. “How are you feeling, Yahoo?”

How was he making a conversation so casually as if he didn’t just know that I may like him? The moment he spoke, I slid down onto the bed and pulled the blanket up to cover my face just to hear him chuckle.

“Aigoo. Look at you,” he mused and I bit my lip, wanting to disappear into nothingness. I grabbed my phone to see that it was still 4:30 in the afternoon. I heard him shuffle through the nurse’s room and the sound of a glass being placed on the table by the bed rang out. I swallowed.

Well, I was parched.

“Drink some water, Yahoo. I think you need it.” That was all he said and when I peeked out from under the blanket, he was sitting by the bed with his face cupped in his hands while he looked at me. He passed me a smile and I slowly sat up, a hand going to grab the water and swallowing it in one go. “Drink it slowly, you might choke on water.”

I glanced at him and he didn’t at all seem affected by the fact that I was Yahoo.

“How long have you known?” I croaked and Jaemin leaned back, shrugging. “How… How was your number on my old phone?”

“My number was given to me by my mother,” he replied, showing me his phone. “I think we attended the same summer camp together. I actually have some photos from that camp, do you want to see them? You looked so cute!”

He chortled and I turned red again, Jaemin opening up photos on his phone. When I leaned closer, I saw that we did attend summer camp together. No wonder he got my text message. Jaemin put down the phone and studied me, a hand going up to ruffle my hair.

“I’m sorry I took you by surprise,” he told me, pressing his lips together. “But I really didn’t know how to approach you the right way.”

“I thought you were a girl!” I exclaimed, burying my face in my hands.

“I never said I was a girl!” Jaemin replied, throwing his hands in the air. “You simply concluded that I was, calling me your sister and all. Do I look like I can be a sister to you?”

“Sunbae!” I wailed and Jaemin’s eyes widened when he saw my reaction, the male panicking. “I sent you photos of you!”

“Why are you crying? Those pictures were very well taken! I looked hot!”

“But still!” I hiccupped. “I told you that I was on my period!”

“What’s wrong with that? You’re a girl, you should be worried if you don’t get your period!” Jaemin told me and it seemed like I couldn’t say anything to counter that. I did tell Nana everything. Jaemin sat at the side of the bed, grinning at me.

“I’m embarrassed,” I mumbled and Jaemin shook his head. “Oh no, what to do?”

“What do you mean, what to do? I’m still the same Nana you talk to. Just… not a girl,” he told me and I threw my head back, telling him that it’s best if I went home.

“Of course,” Jaemin said simply before helping me off the bed. “I’ll walk you over to the bus stop.”

I sniffled and stood beside him, Na Jaemin sneaking a look at me before placing a hand on my shoulders. My knees buckled and I could feel my legs trembling. I was a little bit too overwhelmed and I swayed, Jaemin noticing that.

“Here,” Jaemin said and before I knew it, he had crouched in front of me and I looked at him quizzingly. “What are you waiting for, Yahoo? Get on. You choose, either I carry you from the front or y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter