Drunk in Love [NaTzu]

Drunk in Love [NaTzu]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

From the prompt: Nayeon gets herself drunk and Tzuyu is there to sober her up. Inspired by the (countless of) times that Nayeon had asked for a kiss from Tzuyu. Natzu <3

“Give me a kiss!”

“Maybe next time.”

“When? When we get home?”

“No. Next time.”

“Okay…” Nayeon nods and seems to be satisfied. Tzuyu sighs as she adjusts her hold on the (very) unsteady girl. And then Nayeon calls for her again. She heaves another sigh before answering. Nayeon asks, “But when? Tzuyu, when?! Give. Me. A. Kiss!”

[Loopy-Drunk!]

Tzuyu groans as she straightened her back, stretching a bit. She looks at the small girl laying down on her bed, her arms outstretched to thin air, probably looking for Tzuyu. Her eyes are closed, squeezed tight, occasionally opening up to look around. Tzuyu sees Nayeon rub her eyes gently, and for a second, Tzuyu would actually agree, she is the Big Baby. But that thought quickly dissipates when Nayeon starts ing her shirt.

She groans when she realized she wasn’t done with her work yet. The red digits on Nayeon’s clock by her bedside is glaring at her: 2:31am.

She’s so tired and so sleepy, but here she is, taking care of her unnie.

She heaves another sigh before holding Nayeon’s wrists. She starts ing Nayeon’s shirt, and rolled her eyes when Nayeon wiggles her eyebrows and starts whispering hotly in her ears… (Or in Tzuyu’s case, Nayeon starts blowing air into her ear because nothing that comes out of Nayeon’s mouth is coherent.)

She could only assume Nayeon is already being flirty. Or as flirty as a drunk!Nayeon can get. There’s some peaches, and strawberries thrown in there and Tzuyu would think maybe Nayeon is actually hungry.

She quickly grabs an oversized shirt by the bed and put it over the (supposedly) older girl. The girl in question is still in a dreamy state, still following Tzuyu with her eyes. Tzuyu holds her with one hand by the shoulder steadying her, the other going behind her back, underneath her shirt to unclasp her bra. At this point, Nayeon is already entertaining herself poking at Tzuyu’s cheek. She would giggle here and then whenever she would successfully hit Tzuyu’s dimple.

Tzuyu continues to ignore Nayeon, and then proceeds to remove the strap of Nayeon’s bra from her sleeves. When she’s going over the left strap though, she switched her hands that stabilizes Nayeon. But like any other times, Nayeon would still not make it easy for Tzuyu to handle her, even when she’s done this about a hundred times already (that she can change Nayeon’s clothes even with her eyes clothes). Nayeon grabs hold of Tzuyu’s face, with both palms on her cheeks and squishes it. Tzuyu glares at her, but with her position, she doesn’t think her glare is as intimidating as it should be, and well… at Nayeon’s state, Tzuyu thinks she wouldn’t be able to comprehend it anyway.

Nayeon pouts and then says, “You still haven’t given me a kiss, yet you’re already removing my bra.”

Nayeon squeezes her cheeks one more that made Tzuyu’s lips pucker.

“I said, next time.” Or a mumble version of it came out of Tzuyu’s mouth.

Nayeon furrows her eyebrows, but (thankfully) would still look at her in the eyes (and not on her lips), “I can kiss you right now.”

“You can, but you won’t.”

“You think I won’t do it?” A challenge, if Tzuyu doesn’t know any better.

“Yes.” And Tzuyu doesn’t.

Nayeon moves in, pecking Tzuyu’s nose, still not letting go of Tzuyu’s face. She leans in again, closer to Tzuyu’s face this time, and hovers over her lips.

“Still think I won’t?” This time, low and husky, and Tzuyu would remind herself to get Nayeon a glass of water before she leaves (lol, not that she would translate that as Nayeon flirting or anything, God bless her soul).

“Yes,” Tzuyu deadpans. Again, if she hasn’t done this about a thousand times already, she would’ve been panicking by now. She sighs, finally removing Nayeon’s bra, slipping it in front of her, between her forefinger and thumb like it’s a delicate piece of mantle, and hanging it on the side side-eyeing it. “I know you won’t, unnie. Now please let go of my face before I accidentally punch you in the face.”

“Punch my face with your mouth?”

Tzuyu huffs and drops Nayeon’s bra at the side. She creases her eyebrows, looking at Nayeon straight in the eyes.

Nayeon looks at her fondly and squishes her cheeks more. She’s inches from her and Tzuyu could smell Nayeon’s toothpaste. Mint. She had always loved mint.

She whines softly, knowing what Nayeon is waiting for. Begrudgingly, she opens and closes her lips, now really looking like a fish, that earns a boisterous laugh from the older girl.

Tzuyu would always humor Nayeon, and deep inside, Tzuyu would feel pride that she can entertain Nayeon like this. Nayeon had always said Tzuyu is the funniest person she had ever met, and Tzuyu would argue otherwise saying she doesn’t think she’s that funny. (Also she can name about 5 people funnier than herself, including Nayeon – but the compliment still warms her heart, especially if it comes from Nayeon, someone she had looked up to ever since.)

Tzuyu waits till Nayeon calms from her high, almost as if she’s sobering a little bit. Tzuyu smiles at her, chuckling a bit at the both of them. Then she removes Nayeon’s hand from her face, and then pushes Nayeon back to her bed gently. She moves to the side and tucks Nayeon in. Just like a spell, Nayeon starts dozing off when her head hits the pillow.

Satisfied that Nayeon is passed out, she starts walking towards the living room. Her shoulders slumping at the sight of Sana following Kookeu, Nayeon’s dog, in all-fours, barking happily as she chases the (poor) dog. Acknowledging her present, Sana’s face lit up, smiling brightly, and Tzuyu would be convinced that Sana had fully embodied being a dog. “Tzuyu! My human!” If Tzuyu’s mind works it wonder, she would even outline an invisible tail at Sana’s back wagging excitedly.

Yap. One down, one more to go.

Tzuyu would swear she would’ve abandoned this two at their local pub after finding them drunk through the roof, but she was never a good liar.

[The karaoke-queen Drunk!]

The second time… that week, that Tzuyu was called to pick up her unnies… for being drunk off their asses again, she finds Nayeon on top of a table, singing Heartbeat, with a… maracas. How she gets hand on a maracas, Tzuyu would never know.

And then Jeongyeon was there, laughing at Nayeon, sitting lazily at the chair in front of Nayeon… throwing cash at her, chanting with her, “YESH!! MY MONEYMAKERSH!! Woah!! It’s beating for you!”

Sana sat opposite to Jeongyeon, cradling the pitcher of water.

Tzuyu stops in her tracks and closed her eyes. She could turn around, give cash to the bouncer and tell him to deal with them and forget she had ever witnessed this.

Fully convinced she doesn’t want to suffer another secondhand embarrassment, she does a firm nod and keeps her lips pressed on a thin line. She is reaching for her wallet to grab some bill, when she cringed as Nayeon calls out to her.

“AAHH!!! TZUYU!!” Then a squeal.

Then a gibberish of Korean quickly followed, or Tzuyu would think that’s Nayeon rapping, or as far as what her drunk self would get her.

It wasn’t long till she’s being sandwiched between Nayeon and Sana (and her not so little pitcher of water with ice on it-as Tzuyu’s feels the moist in her arms). And then the three of them almost falling to the ground when Jeongyeon bulldozed them with big hug.

The things she does for her friends.

[THE VOMIT-ON-THE-SIDEWALK! DRUNK]

Tzuyu stares off the blaring lights of the city, the streets now barely with people in it, as she hums a tune in her head. She sits in between Nayeon and Sana who are in a heating argument about something so trivial, she tries hard to tune out, and then there’s Jeongyeon who is singing along the song playing on the radio and the driver laughs hysterically when she gets the lyrics wrong.

“Ahh~~ ahjussi! I know IU and the lyrics is really supposed to be like this! Ahh!” She groans, pinching her nose and then hitting the taxi driver on the arm. “Stop laughing! Ahh~~”

And then on Tzuyu’s sides…

“So you think I can’t fit 24 marshmallows in my mouth?! Hmm?!” Nayeon says leaning into Tzuyu, glaring at Sana.

Sana giggles and then says, “No!”

“So you think I can fit 24 marshmallows in my mouth!”

“What?! No! I think you can’t fit 23 marshmallows in your mouth!”

“24.”

“That’s what I said!”

“You said 23!”

“No, I said you can’t fit—”

“Uh-uh.” Nayeon shakes her head and her finger towards Sana, and then said, “But you said—”

Sana leans in to Tzuyu’s side again, mimicking Nayeon, but snickering, “NO! I said—”

Tzuyu sighs deeply, gripping the bags in her lap, staring off on the road and sings her tune loudly to distract herself. She thought putting the two chaotic girls near the windows will distract them, but unfortunately, they’re more attracted to having stupid discussions with each other even when there’s a physical barrier between them.

“What do you think, Tzuyu?”

I think I’m dragged to chaos enough already as it is, Tzuyu wanted to say, instead she replies, “I think you shouldn’t even attempt to fit 24 marshmallows in your mouth, unnie.”

 Then Nayeon loops her arm in Tzuyu’s left and then looks up to her, with pretty eyes. “But it’s called the Chubby Bunny Challenge, Tzuyu! I’m a bunny.” Nayeon says, pointing to herself first, then untangling herself from Tzuyu to put both of her fingers on her head and play with her forefinger and middle finger to demonstrate her bunny ears while tilting her head. Tzuyu stares at her and levels her thinking to their drunken state. She chuckles at Nayeon and then pats her head, which earned a soft giggle from Nayeon. From her other side, she feels a wet on her cheek. She quickly turn her head and wiped her cheek. She glares at Sana but was met by Sana with her tongue out and her hands bend over near her face, barking a little. She was about to scold her when Jeongyeon bursts from the front seat, another song, another wrong lyrics. So, she sighs and pats Sana’s head too, something that Sana loved.

Then she hears Nayeon say, “You think, I should do it, right?!”

I think you shouldn’t try the 9 Shots Ladder, but did you listen to me? No.

Jeongyeon, the daredevil as what their little group had named her, just said, ‘Nayeon, Sana…’ and then she locks them both up with her arms, ‘we were born to do this. We were born to take up this challenge and come reigning at the top! We’re the Booze Trifecta!’ She nods, looking dreamily to the both of them. Tzuyu is sure she had popped a vein listening to Jeongyeon talk about some drinking challenge like it’s some adventure quest and the three of them were the chosen ones.

Sana giggles on her side and then raises her fists, ‘I don’t think we need a reason to drink, but yes, I agree!’

Jeongyeon was scrolling through her phone when she sees a post about their favorite bar opening up a ‘game’ where you take shots, each one stronger than the earlier, and when you succeed finishing up all 9 of them, (without dying err… without vomiting… err… without passing out maybe?), you have… well, the bragging rights… and you don’t have to pay for anything.

A stupid game if you ask Tzuyu because all the times the three of them went out drinking, they get smashed, and Tzuyu, the angel that she is, is there to bring them home.

Nayeon also nods on the side but nudges Jeongyeon on the ribs, ‘Can you think of other nickname for us? I mean, what kind of title is Booze Trifecta?’

Jeongyeon just rolls her eyes and nudges Nayeon back harshly, ‘the kind where Sana gets drunk first, then me, then you. And we inevitably call Tzuyu to sober us up.’

Tzuyu, who is silently playing with Kookeu who is seated in front of them glanced up. When she looks up, the three are already snickering and looking playfully at her. She rolls her eyes then pats Kookeu’s head, “Or you could not take up that challenge. No one is daring you.”

At that, Nayeon looks at her seriously and cross her arms, “That sounds like a challenge to me.” Then she turns to her drinking buddies and nods, “Yes! Let’s do it!”

And it’s why she’s here… squeezed inside the cab. Just as Jeongyeon had predicted: 4 shots for Sana, 5 for Jeongyeon and 6 for Nayeon… a Trifecta indeed, and they’re all decrease to new kind of drunk.

Why would Tzuyu even bother, when all logic has left the three of them when alcohol hits their system?!

“I’m sorry, but I’m the one with the cute cheeks in here!” Sana pipes in.

“Tzuyu, can you shut up Sana by giving me a kiss?”

“Ohh~~ if you want to shut me up, Tzuyu, you should give me a kiss.”

“Or you can both shut up.” Tzuyu shrugs, breathing in between her teeth.

Surprisingly (or not really, ‘cause at this point, they can see an alien, and Tzuyu would probably just say hi), Nayeon and Sana both end up laughing. They both point to each other, almost mirroring each other in sync and then holds on to their stomach like Tzuyu just said the most ridiculous thing.

So 6 shots, and they now entered the endlessly laughing phase.

Then Sana says, “I think I’d rather fit 27 marshmallows in my mouth than kiss her!” Tzuyu would raise her eyebrow at this, because drunk!Sana is always flirty (more so than usual). She even caught her flirting with herself in the mirror one time. But that’s another story.

Tzuyu is not even surprised that both of their first thoughts on shutting up someone is only through kissing them.

“24!!! Why do you keep changing the number?!” Nayeon exasperates, completely missing the point.

“’Cause I want to.” Then Sana crosses her arms then pokes her tongue out to Nayeon.

Never to lose, Nayeon rebuts, “Fine, then I will fit 28!”

“29!”

While Nayeon and Sana are blasting off Tzuyu’s eardrums, while tugging at her like a stuff toy, Jeongyeon bursts with a high note that sounded more like a screech, that made the three of them look at her. Jeongyeon usually would sound good, but Tzuyu would swear, when they get drunk, the three of them turn to a completely different people.

Nayeon and Sana clap their hand in response and cheered for Jeongyeon, even asking her to sing more, in which Jeongyeon beamed and raised her hand saying, ‘Thank you! Thank you! I’ll sing more for my fans!’

Sana squeals and says, “Ahh~~ You’re the best Jeongyeon!!!”

Tzuyu shakes her head, but now a small smile graces her face.

“Miss, you have a nice set of friends.” She hears the taxi driver say, and she quickly look up to meet his gaze from the rear view mirror.

She looks at them and smiles even more. Yes, she has a nice set of friends.

And then…

Nayeon sits up abruptly, shouting, “WAIT UP!”

All of them turned to look at her, even the taxi driver looks at her in worry.

“Pull over!!” She says.

The taxi driver did so.

And then Nayeon quickly opened the door and started to vomit on the sidewalk.

Tzuyu sighs and quickly went out to help her.

Right. Some ‘nice’ set of friends I have.

[Depressed-Passive-Aggressive-Drunk!]

Luckily for Tzuyu, it was a little a week the next time she got a text from Jeongyeon that they had gotten themselves drunk again. And by this it meant, she got a bunch of characters from Jeongyeon that doesn’t make sense. More like a keyboard smash.

She was surprised to get Nayeon’s address and moreover, instead of a loud, unorganized screaming and laughing, the three of them have their faces down on the table, bottles discarded all over the place, with tears streaming down their faces.

It made Tzuyu speechless for she has never seen them like this before. She was used to sloppy drinkers with slurred speech and wobbly afoot and her struggling to keep the three in line without losing anyone: like walking three dogs on a park without a leash.

Sana was the first to recognize her, quickly running towards her… but tripping into a discarded pillow on the floor. Tzuyu quickly went over her to help her up. She grimaced when she sees a reddish mark on Sana’s knee that is sure to bruise tomorrow. What hurts her more, is Sana’s face looking up to her, sniffling as she envelopes her arms to Tzuyu.

“What happened?” Tzuyu asks softly, gently pulling Sana up.

Sana shakes her head and pulls Tzuyu down. Tzuyu obliges for the time being.

Sana says, “It hurts in here, Tzuyu.” She points to her chest, as she hangs on to Tzuyu tighter.

Tzuyu nods and hugs Sana back, “Okay… can you tell me why?”

“It just hurts…” Sana mumbles in Tzuyu’s neck as she buries her face in them and started crying.

Tzuyu pats Sana’s head confused, but looks up when Jeongyeon swings the bottle again. It confuses Tzuyu more when she hears her say, “It doesn’t matter what I do, Tzuyu. I will never be enough.”

…what?

She blinks her eyes and was about to speak when hangs open when she sees Jeongyeon silently crying. Unlike Sana, she’s not even trying to stop it. She’s just there, drinking… and crying… beautifully. Like those actresses you see in K-dramas. And Tzuyu should think this is not the appropriate time to be thinking about that.

Nayeon still has her face covered in her arm on the table, and Tzuyu thinks she’s already passed out. But that’s very unlikely. Because if Sana and Jeongyeon can still talk, then Tzuyu is sure, Nayeon still has some fire in her.

Eitherway, she helps Sana up, to settle her on the couch, and then proceeds to the dining table to get the bottles away from Jeongyeon. Some other day she would marvel at Jeongyeon’s beauty, but maybe not today.

Sana still hasn’t told her why she’s crying, but Tzuyu can gather Jeongyeon’s source of woe and borderline self-loathing is from the constant comparison of people on her and her sister. Tzuyu decides to help Jeongyeon first on her room, while telling her things she couldn’t tell if Jeongyeon is sober: that she looks up to her, that she thinks she’s stunningly beautiful without even trying, that she’s the funniest person she had ever known, that she doesn’t have to be what people needed her to be, she just needs to be herself because to Tzuyu, Jeongyeon is already phenomenal as she is.

Of course… that made Jeongyeon cry even more.

So much that she clings to Tzuyu so tight that Tzuyu would even think twice if this was the real Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon is not a hugger. Jeongyeon is the one who comforts Tzuyu, not the other way around.

But Tzuyu… wouldn’t complain.

Tzuyu would actually admit, that this feels nice.

 

When she got back to the living room, Nayeon is not on the table anymore. So Tzuyu looks around the small cramped apartment to look for her.

She finds her cleaning herself up in the bathroom, almost as if she wasn’t crying. If it wasn’t for her red eyes, Tzuyu would think Nayeon was her normal self.

She follows her with her eyes, not quite sure if she should leave her alone. The amount of bottles empty tells her Nayeon had enough to get herself drunk. And as long as Tzuyu could remember, Nayeon had always needed her when she’s drunk.

She waits till Nayeon gets herself dressed, even up to the point where she settles herself on her bed.

Surprised, but accepting, Tzuyu turns to leave Nayeon’s room to look for Sana.

When her hand reaches for the door knob, she hears Nayeon say, “Will you sleep with me, Tzuyu?”

She turns to her slowly but doesn’t let go of the door knob.

She should be bringing Sana home because Sana has this habit of not being able to sleep without her favorite blanket, and she doesn’t think Sana is in the right state of mind to suffer a sleepless night with her tear-brimmed eyes.

But she had never heard Nayeon talk to her like that.

So vulnerable. So desperate.

And among her unnies, she had never had to choose.

So she lets go of the door knob and head for Nayeon’s bed.

Unlike before, Nayeon’s face didn’t change into a teasing smile, or playful expression. She just waits till Tzuyu gets in under the covers and lays next to her.

“I can stay ‘till you fall asleep. Sana-unnie couldn’t sleep without her blanket.”

Nayeon nods, her expression unchanging, almost as if she knows that’s what Tzuyu would say. Her eyes searches for something in Tzuyu’s face, and Tzuyu would’ve been uncomfortable with their proximity.

She wasn’t sure what she’s supposed to do. Usually, Nayeon would’ve been all over her: hugging her, cuddling her, and rubbing her face on her. But not this time. This time Nayeon observes a close distance from her. Nayeon is just there… observing.

She positions her right arm under her head to be comfortable, because Nayeon looks like she’s not even sleepy, although her eyes will tell Tzuyu otherwise.

And then finding courage, she settles her free arm over Nayeon’s waist. She lets her thumb wipe gently at Nayeon’s side, hoping it can give Nayeon comfort.

She thinks of what to say: and countless of cliché answers crosses her mind: I’m here. Do you want to talk about it? It’s okay, you don’t have to. But if there’s anything I can do…

“Will you give me a kiss, Tzuyu?”

There’s a pregnant pause, and Tzuyu would think Nayeon’s usual drunk self is there. But there’s no malice in her tone, and it sounded different… so, so different than usual.

But alas, Tzuyu would say, “Maybe next time.”

Nayeon’s expression didn’t change. She’s been expecting it, Tzuyu supposes. It’s always been like this. Nayeon gets drunk and asks for a kiss, and Tzuyu would, without missing, would say the same thing over and over again.

Because even if it seemed like Tzuyu answered by reflex, they both know, it’s sincere.

Even if Nayeon, Jeongyeon and Sana would turn to completely different people, Tzuyu would stay the same.

Nayeon puts her palm over Tzuyu’s face, and brushed her cheeks, then her nose, then her lips. Tzuyu would even feel Nayeon’s ring grazing her skin coldly. Nayeon settles on Tzuyu’s lips, and parts them slightly, and for the first time, stares at Tzuyu’s lips intently. It’s new for Tzuyu, although Nayeon had always asked for a kiss when she’s drunk, she had never acted like it.

On a low whisper she says, “You’ve never said ‘No.’” Her eyes follow the movement of her thumb across Tzuyu’s lower lip. Then she moves her gaze back up to Tzuyu’s eyes, “Always next time. Always. Always.” She repeats, almost like a mantra. The look on Nayeon’s face changed, and Tzuyu would wonder where did her Nayeon-unnie go? Or was this someone she had always hidden?

Nayeon changes her grip and moves her fingers so she’s holding Tzuyu by the chin, her thumb pressing points in Tzuyu’s lip. Tzuyu stopped brushing Nayeon’s side, her heart started beating loudly as if sensing the next words.

“Tell me, Tzuyu. When is our next time?”

[Angry-Drunk!]

“Are you sure she's not trying to sabotage us?”

Tzuyu laughs, thinking it’s one of those rare moments Mina was not trying to be funny, but ends up being funny. When she looks at Mina and the blonde looks serious, she smiled even more. “No,” Tzuyu replies casually. She might even snort.

 

She just got off the phone with a very drunk Jeongyeon that went like this:

“Tzuyu! Come quick! I’ll send the address”

“I’m on a date… and seriously, it’s not even 10pm! Do you even worry about your kidneys??” Tzuyu hissed as she tried not to be weird in front of Mina.

“YOLO!”

“Yo-what?”

 

And then disconnected the call. She looks at her phone in disbelief. She was about to block Jeongyeon’s number, and just be done with it for the night when she got a text.

 

It’s an address, and an attached video.

She closed her eyes briefly, wondering why she couldn’t just ignore them just like Dahyun always does. (Or maybe because the trio is afraid of Dahyun)

She clicked on the video, and her jaw drops even lower.

There’s Sana hugging a… was that? Tzuyu’s eye twitches… And incoming migraine already threatening to hit her. Yes, it is. A freaking… trashcan. Her (dear and precious) roommate… is hugging a trashcan.

 

And then there’s Nayeon sobbing, shouting angrily… at the bouncer.

 

And well… there’s Jeongyeon, smiling at her phone, telling Tzuyu to come quick. With a bucket on her head, saying she’s a pirate.

 

Great. Should she pretend she doesn’t know them and stay with her very beautiful, very sweet date? Or be the good dongsaeng that she is and pick them up like she always does?

 

Mina raises her eyebrow and pouts a little, something Tzuyu would find adorable. “Right… This is the third time we were out on a date that she has an emergency.”

 

Tzuyu raises her eyebrow in return, but leans in, anchoring her face on her palm, still smiling at her date, “Nayeon-unnie may or may not have a drinking problem.”

 

“And she needs… you… to sober her up… every single time?”

 

Tzuyu nods slowly and hums, and she should probably know this is Mina getting jealous, but oh well. She doesn’t know anything about dating, so she says, “She needs about 3 people to handle her when she’s drunk so.” Noticing Mina is dissatisfied with her answer, --and quite frankly, she doesn’t want to end her date just yet… because just as Mina said, this is their third date. Isn’t it time for Tzuyu to get a goodnight kiss at least? Dahyun said so—she says, “Why don’t you come with me? I know it’s not ideal… to meet my friends like this. But it’ll be a good laugh.”

 

She knows you were supposed to wait about a good 3 months before you introduce someone you like to your friends… especially to her friends. But knowing the drunk trio will never be not crackheads, and Dahyun is the only one worth bragging, then Tzuyu decides this is like hitting two birds with one stone.

 

If she doesn’t like them at their worst, then no point waiting 3 months, right?

 

So off they go, without dessert, into the location Jeongyeon had sent.

 

She finds them quickly, by the door, seeing as they may have already gotten themselves banned, with the bouncer glaring at Tzuyu.

 

Looking at them, Tzuyu would think maybe this is not a good idea after all. She has been used to them being crazy, but this is the first time Mina is meeting all of them. And Tzuyu had talked proudly of them.

 

For all Mina knows, Sana, the one hugging a trashcan, is an aspiring columnist. Jeongyeon, the one with an eyepatch and a bucket on her head is an artist, and Nayeon, the one ‘beating’ the very muscular bouncer three times her size with a hair brush, is an events coordinator.

 

So yeah…

Maybe Tzuyu has underestimated how low this trio can go. It must have been the tequila this time.

 

She hears Mina giggle on her side and says, “You weren’t kidding when you said it’ll be a good laugh.”

 

“It’s okay, if you don’t want to meet them now.” Tzuyu quickly gave her an out. (More like an out for herself.)

 

But Mina already has her eyes trained on the trio with curiosity written all over small face. She smiles at Tzuyu with mirth then looped her arm on Tzuyu, then she quickly intertwines their fingers. “Blonde is Jeongyeon, short-hair is Nayeon, right?” Mina jerks her head. And for a second Tzuyu thought it might really be the best idea she had ever had, having Mina this close: feeling not so cold anymore against the night breeze. But their moment shared together was short-lived when they hear Sana’s squeal.

 

“Minari!!! Come meet trashcan-sama!”

 

…,..,..,..

 

So Tzuyu has learned she should be careful what to wish for.

 

Because Jeongyeon had now embodied being a pirate, saying ‘Argh!’ with a curled finger at every end of a sentence, Sana is introducing her new friend trashcan-sama as if it’s a pet… and the first words out of Nayeon’s mouth when Tzuyu introduced Mina is…

 

“Tzuyu, give me a kiss!”

 

Tzuyu chuckles awkwardly as she meets Mina’s both raised eyebrows.

 

Jeongyeon says, “Argh! My mate, I sense that you’re in predicament!” with her curled finger 2 two inches from Tzuyu’s face. Sana is across her caressing the trashcan in her arms as she giggles, side-hugging Mina’s other side. Sana is just that friend, who becomes cozy quickly with her friend's partner.

 

Tzuyu leans to Mina, ignoring Nayeon’s expectant look and says, “She’s just always like this.” Then she turns to Nayeon and pats her head, “Next time, unnie.”

 

“Tzuyu! I’m hungry!” Sana says, her voice getting smaller, and Tzuyu wouldn’t doubt it’s the truth.

 

“Are you craving for anything?”

 

Sana smiles brightly and says, “I know a place! Follow me!!”

 

Sana raises her fist and cheere. Jeongyeon high-fives her, not without saying ‘Argh!’!

Before the trio can turn around, Tzuyu pulled Sana by her hoodie.

Sana pouts and looks at her curiously, Tzuyu points to the trashcan and says, “Trashcan-sama has to stay here, unnie.”

“But… my new friend!!”

“Argh! Trashcan-sama is a Cabin Boy at my ship, lad!”

In which Tzuyu only answered, “Uh-huh. You too. Bucket has to stay.”

“What’s a captain without the captain’s hat?!”

“A not stupid-looking captain.”

 

As Sana and Jeongyeon argue their way against Tzuyu, Tzuyu can’t help but realize, that out of the three, Nayeon is surprisingly the only one who looks normal with a sour mood. She follows her with her eyes when the shorter girl moves on the sidewalk to sit on it.

 

She turns to Mina and whispers in her ear. Mina chuckles but nods. Tzuyu untangles herself from Mina then walked towards Nayeon who has her head down on her arms. She sits besides her and puts

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter