3

Too Late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

this was written in a hurry, so i'm sorry in advance for the boring chapter! but please do read :D 

“Happy birthday, Hyukjae!”

“Huh?”, Hyukjae asked, confused.

“Today is your birthday, dumb dumb. You just woke up, huh?”, Donghae giggled.

“Oh really? Wait, what day is today? What date?”, Hyukjae got up slowly from his bed. He looked at his friends who were still sleeping soundly.

“4th of April, your birthday! And Tuesday!”, Donghae replied, voice excited.

“Hey, wake up already. Aren’t you going to school?”, Donghae asked after he heard Hyukjae only replied him with a yawn.

“Yeah, yeah. I’m going. Soon. Later”, he replied to Donghae with a sleepy voice, still not fully awake. Looking at all his friends who were still sleeping soundly in their beds at the dorm, he couldn’t help but yawn, again.

“. Okay, I need to go now. Mom’s already calling for breakfast. Go and take a shower, don’t go to sleep back!”, Donghae warned before he ended the call.

“Yeah, whatever”, Hyukjae mumbled slowly before threw himself on his bed, ready to continue the dream that got interrupted because of Donghae’s early morning call.

*****

‘Thankyou for the wish, you are the first one to wish me, you know?’

‘Fully awake now?’

‘Of course I am! It’s 6 p.m. already!’

‘Just done with school?’

‘Yeah, they make us take extra classes after school session now. Preparation for college entrance exam, they said. I messaged you as soon as I got back to the dorm ;P’

‘That’s good. The extra classes. Eventho it must be tiring.’

‘Yeah, so tiring. Anyway, I need to go now, got something to do. Talk to you later! And don’t forget my gift! I want an expensive one ;P’

‘So demanding ;P . Okay, talk to you later. Bye!’

 

*****

“Please, Hyukjae? Please?”, Kyuhyun whined.

“I don’t want to go. What makes you think me replacing you will make him not mad?”, Hyukjae replied, not interested. Kyuhyun, Donghae and some of their other friends promised to go out and have dinner together tomorrow but his mother suddenly asked him to help baking cookies for his sister’s school project.

Oh yes, Kyuhyun was a great baker.

“I don’t know, but please, Hyukjae. Please go for me.”

*****

After many ‘please’ he got from Kyuhyun, Hyukjae finally gave up and decided to just go and replaced the taller.

He wore a simple black shirt with a black jeans, not really in the mood to go out.

He made his way into the restaurant with eyes busy searching for his friends. And when he heard that familiar voice called out for him, he turned and walked towards him.

“Am I late?”, he asked before sitting down next to Donghae.

“No, you are not. But we ordered already. Family set, for all of us since its cheaper that way. Is that okay with you?”, Donghae asked him back, handling him a glass of ice water while he spoke.

“Yeah, yeah. All good”, Hyukjae just nodded.

He looked at the other two boys in front of him, Chulmoo and Dakho. When his eyes met with Chulmoo’s, he bowed and smiled politely.

He knew Chulmoo and Dakho. In fact, Dakho was once his classmate, they spoke to each other few times, but just that. And there was a rumor that Chulmoo hated Hyukjae and his group of friends, so he never spoke with Chulmoo before. Like Kyuhyun, Chulmoo was also an example of a perfect student at their school. All of the teachers loved him and adored him. And Hyukjae always thought students like them, except for Kyuhyun, hated him and his friends so it never cross his mind to talk with the other before.

If Duckyoung and his other friends knew he was about to have a dinner together with Chulmoo, they must have laughed and said he was lying. A small smile managed to escape Hyukjae’s lips when he thought of that.

The food arrived and Hyukjae ate quietly while listening to the other boys casually talked about this and that, throwing jokes here and there. And sometimes Hyukjae smiled and laughed together with them when the boys talk about some memories from their old school. Like when Dakho cried because he thought someone stole his phone and it turned out that it was just Kyuhyun playing prank with him.

At the mention of Kyuhyun, Donghae sighed and said, “Ah that brat! I promise I will kill him when I see him in the future!”

Hyukjae turned his face to look at Donghae, who looked really mad. He then remembered Kyuhyun once said Donghae hated it when people break their promises. Like really really hate it. It was his number one pet peeve.

Hyukjae smiled and patted his shoulder slowly, a little unsure of his action actually. But his smile got bigger when he saw Donghae smiling back at him, welcoming the gesture.

*****

“Hey Hyukjae, can you take picture of us three?”, Dakho asked once they exited the restaurant.

“Yeah, sure”, he said and took Dakho’s phone from him.

“Do you want a picture too?”, Dakho asked him once Hyukjae gave his phone back, eyes busy looking at the photos Hyukjae just took.

“Yeah, come on Hyukjae. Let me take one of you and Donghae!”, Chulmoo said, happily. One thing that Hyukjae learnt tonight was Chulmoo was not a jerk like he and his friends thought of him. He was actually really nice, and talkative too. And from the way he talked and looked at Hyukjae, it didn’t seem like the boy hates him or something. He felt like he needs to apologize for thinking about Chulmoo like that, but he decided to just shut his mouth and enjoy the nice treatment given by the handsome boy to him.

Donghae looked at him, eyebrows raised when Hyukjae didn’t reply to Chulmoo and Dakho about taking a photo together with him.

“Nah, it’s okay. I need to go and catch a taxi now. It’s getting late and God knows how hard it is to find a taxi at night here”, he said and shook his head.

“Oh you are not joining us for the movie?”, Dakho asked.

“I have something to do tonight, school stuff. So, see you guys

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter