Burger joints and rooftop surprises

The Inevitable Bet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HI ALL,

 

EMERGENCY MEETING EMERGENCY MEETING WENDY PHOTOSHOOT FOR OCTOBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE FINEST VOCALIST WENDY SON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy with all the news about Wendy that I had tears in my eyes. I hope everyone had a good week too!

Wow the theories in the comments are getting closer to what I have in mind!! You guys are amazing!! It warms my heart so much, thank you very much everyone for your support!!<3

This chapter marks the first appearance of one of the key characters in the story. I hope everyone will enjoy the current build up and how it will continue on the next chapters to come!

Feel free to leave comments and your thoughts!! I absolutely love everything you posted! This week I might have the time to answer your comments hehe.

P.S. Shoutout to these two always!! @redsummer0801 and @Ultramarine_WR in twitter!! You guys are the best!!

 

 

*

 

[Day 3.5]

 

Have you ever had a moment that some situations might seem impossible to happen at first glance?

Yep, it’s impossible. - Son Seungwan thought after sitting on a bench on the rooftop of their university’s main building in the middle of the deep night, which is usually inaccessible to the student body unless you have connections… like a certain troublesome Student Council President.

Yes. It’s totally impossible. - Seungwan thought while holding a still-unattended Roast Beef Burger from Subway - because it’s something that she can only afford for two people that was still open around 9:00p.m - as her… or their dinner out of a rushed decision. Fast food chains can attract a lot of unnecessary attention so she had decided for them to settle in a secluded place like a rooftop or sorts.

…Yes. It’s definitely impossible. - Seungwan thought as she watched the woman beside her, in a white button down with a black slacks combination, a cleanly folded black blazer placed on her lap, biting the burger with poise at the same time munching it like a little happy kid.

Maybe she was still dreaming, she pondered. The past four days are too crazy to still believe she was still in the realms of reality, now that she thought about it.. Maybe Seungwan was teleported to some surreal alternate universe after she entered the Main Building last Wednesday and there are a list of tasks that she had to complete to bring her back to reality and she had to guess who’s the impostor-

“...Is there something wrong?” Joohyun muttered after cleaning her lips with her handkerchief after a bite. “You kept on looking at my face since we’ve arrived here.”

The brunette gulped like she’s guilty of a heavy crime.

Well, it’s not a crime to look at Bae Joohyun, right? A Reality Check, probably? Especially the situation is too unbelievable, especially if it’s -

“It’s just…” She scratched her temple. “You know, you and a burger... it’s a very... unusual combination.”

Joohyun looked at the half-bitten burger on her hands intensely.

“You’re the one who bought this. If only you allowed me to treat you in a restaurant around here, we could’ve had a proper meal.”

“As if I’m going to let you treat me after everything you did today.”

Everything, starting from the Dormitory invasion, to an extravagant bouquet of flowers, to terms of endearments, and…

 

Waiting for her for two freaking hours.

 

“If this burger treat is a pity meal, then you don't have to.” Joohyun looked at her. “It’s my decision to wait for you. I chose it. You don’t need to feel guilty about it.”

“There’s no way I won’t feel guilty about it! You waited for hours!!”

“But you still came. That’s enough for me for now.”

“B-But… Argh.” The brunette scratched her head from frustration. She’s going to lose ten years of lifespan just by debating with this woman. “I really can’t understand you.”

Joohyun simply smirked at her as her answer. Damn, this woman is so frustrating.

“As if your food tastes are understandable enough: Milk Tea in the morning, and a Burger for dinner.”

“Stop judging me, I told you. Both are good, you can’t deny it.”

Bae Joohyun lifted the burger in front of her. “...Surprisingly, I agree. This burger is… quite acceptable.” She ended her statement with a pose.


“.....Pffft.”

 

A chuckle from the brunette caused the confused president to raise a brow.

“That felt like a line from a commercial. You know, you can also be an endorser of a burger joint if you want to.”

“Really?” Joohyun looked at her playfully. “Do you think a burger joint will sell well if I’ll endorse it? Shall I wear aprons?”

“Totally.” Seungwan motioned her hands around them. “Have you seen all of the student body present in this prestigious University? They’ll be head over heels for you. I swear, your burger joint will be empty in no time.”

She saw a gentle smile from the woman beside her which caused her hands to stop moving.

 

“Are you going to be a customer of mine, then?”

 

It’s weird.

It’s just a simple, innocent question out of their silly banter, but she doesn’t know why her heart thumped.

 

“I-I don’t know, maybe? P-probably? Just a single burger, I guess…?”

 

The smile grew wider, and her heart thumped faster. Damn it.

Probably just from the Milk Tea.

 

“Then if you’ll be a satisfied customer, it will be worth it.”

 

Does Milk Tea effects include extreme body warmth? She hopes it does, because she can feel her face and chest getting warmer abnormally and she cannot think of any other explanations aside from this.

The night is cold with the welcome of the fall season, but here she was, sweating a lot just from a few ambush of words from the enchanting woman.

Wait, cold...

She turned around to look at Joohyun as her side bangs and soft eyelashes danced along with the breeze of the night.

Her arms are still and her shoulders are raised as if she was shielding herself.

This is crazy.

She was exposed numerous hours from this chilly night, yet she still tries to appear so strong.

What a crazy, attentive woman.

She really can’t understand Bae Joohyun.

Seungwan placed her burger down beside her and gently tapped Joohyun’s lap.

“Let me borrow your blazer for a bit.”

Joohyun tilted her head. “Why would you need my blazer-”

“Don’t worry, I won’t do anything to it. Just trust me.”

The raven-haired suspiciously grabbed her blazer and handed it to the reaching right hand of Seungwan. “...Is this a payback from what I did to your phone earlier?”

“Probably.”

Seungwan unfolded the blazer properly and made a swifting motion to wrap it around Joohyun’s shoulders.

 

“...Always keeping up a front... Don’t try to act so strong in front of me, Joohyun-unnie.”

 

The motion caused Joohyun to raise her head and now their noses are only a few inches apart.

She can feel her warm huffs of breath and it’s almost driving her crazy.

After fixing the collar of her blazer, she looked at those pairs of eyes back filled with an unreadable expression.

This woman who always marches forward filled with power and authority, her actions could’ve been influenced with the whole mass relying and depending on her for years.

But right now, at this very moment, Bae Joohyun is just a woman who enjoys mocking her food tastes; a woman that enjoys dreaming about Burger Joints.

 

Right now, Bae Joohyun is just… her.

 

And Seungwan felt the sudden desire to see more glimpse of rawness from the woman in front of her.

 

“...You can rely on me whenever you need me.”

 

She slowly scooted back on her seat despite the intensifying stare from the dumbfounded woman and simply resumed her dinner.

After a few seconds of munching, she noticed that Joohyun remained still from their previous position without moving her eyesight away from her.

“W-What, did I say something wrong...?”

Joohyun continued to look at her after ten-odd seconds..

 

Until she cackled…

 

And suddenly she laughed out loud.

 

What the actual hell?

 

“Pffft-- Hahahahahaha!!” Joohyun covered her outburst by the back of her hand. This was so sudden. What was so funny about it?!

Before she could even complain, Joohyun deeply sighed.

Yep. This is totally impossible - Seungwan thought once again. She was almost convinced everything is a dream as she saw a sudden, tender smile from the long-haired woman whom she greatly despised just a few days ago.

 

“You really never fail to surprise me, Son Seungwan.”

 

*

 

[Day 5]

 

“You really never fail to surprise me, Bae Joohyun.”

 

Seungwan gasped when she looked at the prices each meal had as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter