A spicy lunch for a spicy story

The Inevitable Bet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HELLO HELLO

I was so so so happy with the feedbacks from the chapter 1! Thank you very much for your huge support!!! It gave me a lot of motivation to write continuously and I hope I won't disappoint! AAAAAAAAA

P.S. I saw some comments about some of the plot points and BJH knowing SSW's full name is intentional! This chapter will contain some of the build up, but on the future chapters the days will pass by in a moderate phase. Stay tuned!

P.S. Thank you very much to twt users @redsummer0801, @Ultramarine_WR, and @kinulayan for giving me the insights that I need!! Please take care of me more in the future!

 

*

 

Chapter 2

 

[Day 1]

 

Have you ever felt like there’s an event that has happened too surreal that it felt like it was almost a dream?

It was probably a dream - Son Seungwan sort of concluded as she daydreamed in the midst of their Electronics class - her last class before the 12 o’clock lunch break for her Thursday schedule.

Was it all just an imagination of her? A mirage of her rants of failure?

Well… ever since that cursed encounter with the Devil-in-disguise Central Student Council President Bae Joohyun, they haven’t had another interaction again.

Maybe it was a prank? Maybe the raven-haired woman realized it was just a threat?

Son Seungwan greatly wished Bae Joohyun just simply tagged it as a threat while analyzing the logic of the wires to be connected along the breadboard to reach her expected outcome.

She wanted to value her peaceful days like this. No stress, just academic tests. Her emotional life was already in shambles enough because of the recent events in life, she doesn’t want the menacing Irene challenge to add to her concerns, or let alone getting involved with it. She doesn’t want to get involved with anything related to Bae Joohyun. Ever again.

That frightening woman was so unpredictable. If Seungwan will describe her, the woman is like a walking timebomb, powerful enough that she could probably wreck anything she touches within a certain period of time. The way she straightforwardly charges without weighing the consequences of her actions made her too dangerous to get involved with.

Bae Joohyun is a force to be reckoned with.

And Son Seungwan studied enough Physics to predict that Bae Joohyun will be a force she probably could not handle that easily.

That’s why it was probably better for the two of them to cut ties, and it will be a relief for her that it was Bae Joohyun herself who will completely cut their ties.

And just when she was starting to settle to the disengaged thought, everything was once again wrecked into shambles.

The university broadcasting radio suddenly went live in an unusual hour.

The class suddenly had a minor uproar, assuming that there was an emergency situation happening within the campus.

The broadcasting radio is like the university’s main communication for any important announcement that the executives would like to announce to all of the students: Ranging from suspension of classes, non-working holidays, up to official events handled by the Central Student Council....

Central Student Council…

Haha.

Oh, boy.

She had a very, very bad feeling about this.

Seungwan gripped her favorite pen and continued to analyze some logic patterns to brush off the growing alarming feeling gradually rising within her chest, until…

This is not about her, this is not about her, this is not about her-

“Paging - Son Seungwan of Class 3-ECE-A, Paging - Son Seungwan of Class 3-ECE-A. The Central Student Council would like to speak with you personally. Please proceed to the Main Building Conference Room after you have received this message. I repeat-”

...

She can almost feel her pen snapping into two with how hard she clutched the long object out of extreme disbelief.

That nasty witch.

Seungwan felt like her body was suddenly in auto-pilot as she gathered all of her belongings in the middle of class and hurriedly slung her tote bag despite the uncomfortable feeling of being disarranged in connection to her clean-freak self. She almost wanted to hiss at every eye of her blockmates with the way they look at her with judgment and curiosity.

She was in an instant spotlight. Great.

Well, it’s not like it’s a common thing for your classmate to be called out by the university-wide Student Council and paged within the whole university itself, right? So lovely.

That freaking nasty witch.

She bowed down to her professor and bolted outside of the room as quickly as she could.

As she jogs all the way outside of the building she suddenly felt her phone vibrating inside her jean’s front pocket.

 

[ 12 missed calls ]

[ Kang Seulgi ]

 

Damn it.

She swiftly answered the current call while maintaining her pace as she ran.

[“Yah!! Son Seungwan!! You. Finally. Answered!! You mushroom head!!! What the hell did you do?!”]

“It’s…” She paused briefly to catch her breath. “It’s a bit... complicated..”

[“Summarize it!! Seungwan-ah, everyone is talking about you!!”]

That crazy freaking nasty witch..!!

“I uhhh…” I was an unlucky idiot who witnessed a crazy woman heartlessly breaking up with a man and I was a big , and guess what? Surprise! I’m the new cursed challenger in this irrational - “...I had a… slightly friendly... encounter with the Council President..”

[“Yeah? Yeah... I’ll pretend I believe that crap and celebrate here, alone, that my best friend is being called out to the court that might affect her scholarship because of a ‘slightly friendly encounter’. I am entirely convinced, Seungwan-ah.”]

“I’ll tell you the whole details, I swear….” The brunette ran her hands through her hair while calming her lungs down in front of the Main Building. “...But before that, I have to… uhh… survive this… ordeal first..”

[“I’m really worried about you.”] Seulgi released an exasperated sigh. [“I’m going there straight right after my current class, okay? Don’t do anything real - big stupid.”]

“I know, I know. I’ll see you soon.” Seungwan dropped the call immediately and straightened her body for composure.

She’s going to face the wrath of hell in the form of a woman for the second time.

 

As she walks along the corridor on her way to the Conference Room, Seungwan can clearly feel the ghosts of rumors through the whispers and glances around her. Every step felt heavier the more she pressed forward, as if she’s on her way to her punishment for committing a treason… Does what she did considered treason? Well, Bae Joohyun, as what her admirers always say, is the queen, is the moment, the city, the country-

Regardless, whatever she is, she’s still pissed off as hell.

“This …” Seungwan hissed ferociously.

She hardly clutched the handle of the door that leads to the Conference Room.

The brunette let out a few huffs of angry breath as a last attempt to calm herself.

To hell with this - wow, she had been cursing a lot ever since meeting the raven-haired woman - She wants an all-out war? Then they’ll have an all-out war. She’s going to make sure that she will have the last laugh in whatever nonsensical game this is.

With the newly found courage, she pushed the door forward.

“I swear, I’m going to make you regret this-”

 

*

 

“-...You .” She unconsciously sweared louder than what she had anticipated.

Seungwan was greeted by a white, rectangular and spacious room with a brown long table in the center surrounded by numerous vacant office chairs.

It was almost empty, Seungwan thought it was empty… Until a heavy but serene-like voice echoed around her.

“Good afternoon as well to you, Son Seungwan.” The brunette searched across the room, and she easily located the ever-so-gorgeous Devil Incarnate in disguise, of course she noted that the witch was smirking. Truly evil.

“What do you want, woman? Let’s end this charade quickly. I know both of us don’t have the leisure time to dilly-dally until lunch-”

“What a profane greeting you had earlier, is this how you speak to your Central Student Council President, especially inside the Student Council’s Conference Room?”

This woman is taunting her for sure.

Oh well, this is a 2-player game.

“Probably. My level of respect varies specifically on how people will show their individual respect to me.”

“Oh, and my position is not enough to garner your respect?”

That crazy freaking nasty menacing witch.

“I don’t know, is it also the Central Student Council President’s duty to use it’s power for personal concerns like, paging someone using the University’s broadcasting radio - and now every living being confined within these gates has finally known my name?!”

“You can’t blame me.” Joohyun tapped her closed pen numerous times along the surface of the long table. “...I don’t have your number. I don’t know your schedule. I only know your name so paging you is my only choice.”

“Don’t you have some sense of decency in reaching out to people?! You’re the Student Council President here! You’re the one with connections to people!!”

“I am the Student Council President here,” Joohyun said authoritatively. “..and I have the choice and control to use my resources as much as I want to, and let me get this straight. I don’t want to rely on other people around me.”

“Hah, are you that prideful to ask people for help? Can’t get off your high horse, Ms. President?”

“No.” Bae Joohyun put her pen down and stared at the brunette standing on the opposite end of the table.

“I’m going to work this relationship with you out of my own efforts... as your Girlfriend.”

“As my w-w-What?!”

Seungwan looked at Joohyun like a flabbergasted goldfish. Did she hear it right…?!

“G-g-g-girlfriend…?!”

“Yes, Girlfriend.” Bae Joohyun stated with confidence. “We established our relationship yesterday, there’s no way you could’ve forgotten it.”

Seungwan won’t deny, hearing “Girlfriend” from the raven-haired woman’s lips gave her a sudden wave of feelings… but her mother didn’t raise her emotionally weak to succumb that easily.

She is a strong woman with a strong heart. Keep it together, Son Seungwan.

“Yah.” Seungwan leaned on the long table as she slammed her hands. “I don’t remember agreeing with your crazy farce.”

The taller woman raised a brow.

“You confessed to me.”

“I didn’t confess to you.” Seungwan tried to emphasize by squinting her eyes.

“You said you love me.”

“I didn’t-”

“You did, Son Seungwan. We both clearly heard it. Are you trying to make a fool out of me?” Joohyun then interlaced her fingers and rested her head above it. “I’m going to repeat the question. You said ‘I love you’, am I correct?”

Seungwan blinked involuntarily with the sudden domination from the other woman. Damn, the Bae Joohyun power.

“O-Okay, maybe I did say that, but-”

“Then you did confess to me. I accepted it. It’s as simple as that, isn’t it?”

Check.

“B-But that doesn’t mean that I agree to go out with you-”

“‘If I told you that I love you right at this very moment, then you’re going to accept my confession and go out with me.’ - That was your exact words yesterday.”

Damn this woman and her precise memory.

“...Y-yeah…”

“I accepted your confession, it means you’re technically agreeing to go out with me.”

Checkmate. Damn it to hell.

Seungwan raised her right hand to massage her head currently throb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter