Blue Salvia  :  I’ll Also Think of You 

Blossoms In Ink

Today has been a busy day, I had quite the packed agenda. Had to wake up early and catch a bus to Busan, which I would soon be calling home. I filled in an online form regarding apartments, hoping to get a call soon.  

I finalized the contract for an empty plot where I would be setting up my tattoo studio.

Which I decided on a whim itself the last time I visited.

 I was glad to be moving to this city, leaving everything behind. I needed this. 

I was about to head back home when my real estate agent called and confirmed that I can meet the owner of the apartment he recommended I rent. 

He claimed it fit all my specifications. I hadn’t personally seen the place yet but he claimed I would be getting it for sure.  

I looked at the address he pinned for me to meet him at and began to run as it was quite far. 

As I ran past I noticed a very whimsical and quaint flower shop. It looked like it would fit a magical utopia better than this desolate grey street. The entirety of the storefront; covered with purple clematis, a vine flower I once painted on a client’s leg. The two step staircase was lined by clusters of purple daisies, I had never seen these flowers before actually.

The door stood a little towards the left and even though it was made of glass, it seemed to be oddly hidden out of sight unless one intends to go inside. 

I fell in some form of trance of sorts and found myself pushing the door open. 

The mellow ringing of the bell pulled me out of my daze.

I glanced around and the first thing my eyes fell across was this girl, busy fiddling with blossoms. She seemed to be sorting them. 

Her hair was as vibrant a purple as her storefront. Her lips were pressed together as she paid attention to her task at hand. 

She had tanned beige skin with a constant rose tinge, much like the flowers in the store. She wore a delicate white sundress which fell to her knees. 

She finally noticed me when I coughed to inform her of my arrival. 

She glanced up immediately and welcomed me. She stared into my eyes waiting for me to answer. 

But I was too busy staring at her, the first thing I noticed after her hyacinth blue almond eyes was her silver septum nose ring. It looked quite flattering on her. 

In the midst, she cleared her voice again and took the initiative to break the awkward silence "hello, what would you like to be getting?" 

Her voice deceptively silvery and smooth in comparison to her demure appearance. I figured I'd pick up a bouquet for the meeting rather than going empty handed. 

I quickly asked her if she could get me a sensible bouquet. 


 

I cast my eyes downwards awkwardly while she began to work. 

I was quite nervous for some reason, I could almost hear my heart beating. 

Something felt really special about her. 

 

I could feel my cheeks heating up as I watched her with concentration, she looked so engrossed in her work that I didn't dare breathe in order to not disrupt her.

She was soon done as she fashioned a gold cloth around it with a look of finality and satisfaction.

I smiled at her nervously as she smiled back coyly. 

I handed her my card and I noticed her looking at my arms, she seemed to be glancing at the violin tattooed across my arm. 

She smiled at me once again and I felt my face flare up and I nervously brushed through my hair trying to calm down.

 

She handed me the flowers as i reached out to grasp them, I accidentally grazed my fingers against hers and believe me god, 

I felt like passing out. My face must have been as red a tomato by then. 

I quickly accepted the flowers and even though I really wanted to stay; however awkward it may be. I was running fairly late and didn’t know what to say before a day or two passes by.

 

Feeling disheartened, I turned to leave. I tread down the street with heavy steps as I felt a rush of emotions go by.

Felt so vexed at myself, geez! I am such a dunce.

I should have at least asked for her name or her number maybe.

Her number.

Right, her number!! 

I'll go ask for her number.

Feeling a sudden confidence, I ran back as fast as I could since I had to be somewhere else really soon too. 

I came to a halt outside the door and tried to control my breathing but failing miserably, I shook my head and pushed the door lightly, barely touching it. 

Trying to suppress the jitters, I sauntered over to her. 

She seemed to be busy with work already,

Suddenly as I actually stand facing her again, I feel my confidence pathetically chipping away but I force myself to blurt it out.

As soon as I did, her eyes went wide and I felt embarrassed and wished the ground would swallow me up but since it wouldn’t. I came up with an ingenious idea with my agile intellect and quickly added that I wanted her business card.

Her eyes went back to normal, she seemed to have believed me.

Min Yoongi, you are so sleek.

I internally applauded myself.

She pranced over to her desk and brought a card over to me while I stood there waiting and looking at my feet, feeling simultaneously like a genius and an idiot.

She smiled coyly at me as she slipped the card into my hand, I simply nodded, trying to seem as unfazed as possible.

I turned around and as I was about to leave, I fiddled with the card without giving it much thought and  noticed something that made my breath hitch.

11 digits hastily scribbled across.

My heart beat so fast as i couldn’t stop myself from smiling the widest i've smiled in a while.

I cheerfully turned back and called out to her to let her know that I'd call her soon.

Feeling as though I was floating on a cotton candy cloud and wishing I could stay back since she felt the same way I did but realizing the urgency, I couldn’t afford to do so.

I beamed at her once more and raced out the door to get to my next appointment.