Blue Salvia : I Think of You

Blossoms In Ink

I was busy sorting out the flowers sent by the local growers into several display cases while humming to the tune playing in the store. 

I love Mondays, I always make sure to get a new assortment of flowers every week. Of course I keep the basic staples; roses, orchids, carnations, lilies and of course the korean rose, starburst bushes and some others in lower quantities. This week I brought in an assortment of Hydrangeas, Sweet peas and Astilbe. 

So when a very attractive customer; perhaps close to my age, walked in asking for a sensible bouquet, I was excited to fix him something remarkable. Especially with the new flowers.

I went all out and even used a fancy satin cloth. 

He had silver hair which seemed to glint under the mixed ray of sunlight and dim lights. 

He had intricate patterns tattooed all across his arms. I noticed a lone coloured violin illustrated on the underside of his forearms as he handed me his card to pay. 

He smiled at her and I didn’t fail to notice the slight blush speckled across his face. My lips involuntarily curved upwards at the sight. He looks like an absolute sweetheart even with the heavily tattooed arms and dark ensemble of clothing.

He tousled his hair lightly as he waited for me to hand him the flowers. As I reached out to do so his fingers lightly brushed against my fingers and it was my turn to blush. I quickly released the flowers into his hand and moved back. 

I smiled at him one last time before going back to nonchalantly organizing the flowers again. I could hear his footsteps fading away and the ring of the door announcing his departure. 

My lips slightly puffed up, a little disappointed that i hadn’t gotten the chance to ask him about his tattoos or even his name.

I absentmindedly looked through the day’s agenda, sighing at the amount of arrangements left to be made and delivered before sunset. I hadn’t noticed the manual bell ring until i was met face to face with the sweaty and panting customer who had left me disappointed. 

He breathed heavily as though waiting for his heart to stop racing while mine only beat faster.

I tilted my head questioningly and asked if he had left something behind.

He blushed harder and bit his lip. His eyes cast downwards as he fiddled with his fingers once again. That must be a habit.  

He looked up after what felt like a good five minutes of waiting and cleared his voice and began to speak. 

“So, um. Could i get your number?” velvety and rich; his voice far deeper than one would be led to believe.

I couldn’t stop my eyes from widening.

“I meant the business card, for future references” he sheepishly added.

I doubt that’s what he truly meant. 

I smiled at him lightly before turning around and walking over to the counter. I picked up a card to hand him, when I decided to fluster the man further.

I quickly scribbled on my personal number on the back of the card and slipped it into his hands, top facing upwards.

He nodded and turned to leave with drooped shoulders and a disappointed frown when he nonchalantly turned the card over to see a number plastered across.

Suddenly his eyes widened as a huge smile appeared on his face. Nearly all of his teeth showed. His eyes gleamed with happiness as he turned around to face me and yelled out “I’ll call you!!” before running off in a hurry. 

It felt like watching a puppy being handed a secret treat. 

Cute.